Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something "fishy" about the Dolphins line.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something "fishy" about the Dolphins line.

-2.5 road chalk against the Buffalo Bills after an back to back impressive wins at pitt and home against NE.
    Something isn't right..with the johnny pub pounding the fins I think im going with the Bills.....HUGE:thumbs:

Especially with Thad Lewis starting at QB for Bills!

Comment

Thad really isn't a downgrade from EJ right now, imho. he's played very well (minus the multiple fumbles at New Orleans) when called upon, and he was the QB to lead the bills to a win @ Miami earlier in the season. his other starts were an OT loss at home to the bungles (a game in which the bills D basically didn't show up till the 4th qtr, and Lewis was able to lead them back from down 2 TD's) and the impossible draw of playing NO at the superdome. he throws a real nice deep ball too.

Comment

oh, as far as the line....idk how much you could really favor the dolphins by @ BUF.

discounting the Toronto game, they are 3-3 @ home, with wins over BALT, CAR, and NYJ.

they outplayed NE in week 1 and lost and outplayed KC and lost with Jeff Tuel at QB. they got pushed around a little vs CIN (defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down for a lot of the game), but did come back to force OT before eventually losing (on a FG set up by a bogus punt return).

in the first few games they also didn't have Byrd at safety or Gilmore at CB, who finally started playing better the last 2 games, all be it against the not so good passing attacks of TB and JAX.

They've been competitive in every home game, with the losses being by 2, 3 and 10 (a game which the bills Jeff Tuel led O handed to KC with 2 turnovers directly for touchdowns within a few minutes of each other, one returned 100 yards for a score by KC, which completely changed the game).

I believe the line is just made on public perception of Miami winning @ PIT (a mediocre team who joe pub still loves) and vs NE (ditto, especially on the road), while all they see is the same old bills at 5-9, not realizing they're much better than that.

do I believe the bills should be a big fave? lol absolutely not. Miami is a solid team and the game will likely be close. I'd say whoever is able to get off the field on 3rd down and make a few big plays wins. At +2.5 I do think the line is in your favor to cover more often than not though.

Maybe some +3's without excessive juice will even pop up close to game time if joe P keeps siding with Miami, which IMO is likely.
        Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 12-22-2013, 07:42 AM.

Comment

or maybe the bills will just whip their asses for 4 full quarters.

I liked the bills chances to win, but didn't expect complete domination.

wow :beerbang:

Comment

That was absolute domination!! I think the Bills have some pieces to be a very good football team!! Hopefully next year they step $hit up!
            Nice work today, looks like we both cashed!:beer2::beerbang:

Comment

!!

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
              oh, as far as the line....idk how much you could really favor the dolphins by @ BUF.

discounting the Toronto game, they are 3-3 @ home, with wins over BALT, CAR, and NYJ.

they outplayed NE in week 1 and lost and outplayed KC and lost with Jeff Tuel at QB. they got pushed around a little vs CIN (defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down for a lot of the game), but did come back to force OT before eventually losing (on a FG set up by a bogus punt return).

in the first few games they also didn't have Byrd at safety or Gilmore at CB, who finally started playing better the last 2 games, all be it against the not so good passing attacks of TB and JAX.

They've been competitive in every home game, with the losses being by 2, 3 and 10 (a game which the bills Jeff Tuel led O handed to KC with 2 turnovers directly for touchdowns within a few minutes of each other, one returned 100 yards for a score by KC, which completely changed the game).

I believe the line is just made on public perception of Miami winning @ PIT (a mediocre team who joe pub still loves) and vs NE (ditto, especially on the road), while all they see is the same old bills at 5-9, not realizing they're much better than that.

do I believe the bills should be a big fave? lol absolutely not. Miami is a solid team and the game will likely be close. I'd say whoever is able to get off the field on 3rd down and make a few big plays wins. At +2.5 I do think the line is in your favor to cover more often than not though.

Maybe some +3's without excessive juice will even pop up close to game time if joe P keeps siding with Miami, which IMO is likely.

you hit the nail on the head stiff!! I didn't expect a shutout, but i'll take it!

Comment

Ram,

Please email Kevin at predictem@hotmail.com

Thanks!
                Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

Comment

I will for sure Kev, thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                  X