• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lions -2.5
    Packers -7
    Saints -5
    Chiefs -2
    Jets +5

I will be fading the Lions, Packers, and possibly Chiefs. Those 3 picks fit the "typical" Hilton Top 5 that we are used to seeing, but why are there 394 picks on the Jets when 86% is on the Steelers! Hopefully it doesnt take away the "sharp" play on the Jets because I really like the Jets!

Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
      I think the books have done an extremely poor job of adjusting thus far this year in college football. Week after week, there's games that look like free money to good old Joe P, and they turn out to be just that.

Maybe the same in the NFL, maybe not....imho there are a lot of very average teams with huge deficiencies in their game who get a ton of public love every week, and they're also winning and covering just about every week, but I think the books haven't over adjusted because they expect these teams to start to crumble sooner rather than later. It just hasn't happened yet.

I believe as the weeks roll on here those teams will begin to get exploited, and at this point in the season i highly doubt the "public" will adjust and these numbers will begin to fall back to the 2-3's and 1-4's that you're used to seeing.

Just my opinion
      I couldnt agree more! There have been plenty of great spots to fade the public and their road favorites, yet they continue to cover! Indy is 3-1 ATS as a road fav and I have faded them every single time, yet they continue to cash for Joe P! I also believe that the trends will start to reverse and we can expect to see the usual Hilton Top 5 numbers begin to show up. I really like the Fins, Bears, Bills, and Jets this week. I really do, even before I saw the Hilton Top 5, hoping this week they go 1-4...with the NYJ being the only win! :thumbs:

Comment

I find it extremely difficult to believe that the Jets are one of the most highly picked games of the week.

I mean do the math. jets = worst team in the nfl in Joe P's mind (and hey, they may be right, lol). they've coveted the spread once all year (unless you got an extremely fortunate number in week 1 or week 2 with them), and fresh in Joe P's mind is, imo, the beating the bills laid on them, and their continued debacle last week @ kc, a game in which they probably should have coveted easily and been right there at the end, but, they didn't, due to their own doing, once again. i think its safe to say that geno smith, rex ryan, mike vick, and pretty much every other jet are the ass clowns of the nfl in Joe P's eyes, and again, they may be right.

WhIle their beloved "stillers", who were just being touted as an average team with major deficiencies a few weeks ago, have proceeded to win and cover 3 straight, majorly beating down Joe P's biggest darling INDY and a prime time dismantling of Baltimore in the process, all while averaging an astounding 41.3 ppg!

we all know most Joe P's love offense and generally "handicap" games using the "what have you done for me lately" theory. well the Jets have no offense and have done exactly nothing for Joe P lately, or all season...while PIT has cashed 3 straight weeks (even those most were again them vs INDY), and suddenly have offense coming out their asses.

So now I'm to believe Joe P is all.over the Jets this week, getting a measly 3.5 to 5 pts? Why? What is their rationale? It just doesn't seem like a Joe P play to me....which leaves me scratching my head as to how they make it on this list, lol
        Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 11-09-2014, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Last week the top 5 were 4-1! 30-21 on the year

Pats +3
          Chiefs -1.5
          Packers -6
          Browns -3
          Lions +2.5

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
          X