Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL week 9

YTD 3-0 (+9 units)

I'm not seeing a lot I like. I did play on New Orleans last night, but didn't get it up here so I can't count it. Right now, I am just going to go with two games unless I begin to like something more later this weekend.

San Diego +1.5 over Miami (2 units)

I'm never a big fan of taking a West Coast team traveling across country to play a one o'clock game, however, I believe that I am getting real good value here with the Chargers, who tend to do well in the East Coast traveling situations. What it comes down to for me is, Phillip Rivers vs. Ryan Tannehill. I'm taking Rivers every time in that matchup.

Baltimore -1.5 over Pittsburgh (2 units)

Baltimore is the better football team, and while the Pittsburgh offense looked great last week, there are real issues defensively with the Steelers. The Ravens spanked the Steelers at home, and while this will be a close game, the Ravens will hassle Roethlisburger all day and force him into some mistakes. Flacco might make some too, but ultimately with a small point spread, I am going with the team I think is clearly better.

*I do like the Niners to pummel the Rams this weekend, but at 10 points not in love with it. I don't get in the habit of buying points, but I may make a small play if it goes to 9.5.

Adding on

Going Cleveland -7 against the Bucs (3 units)

While neither of these teams is very good defensively, I trust the Browns defense to get a few more stops, or at least force a turnover or two. I can't imagine the Bucs are in a good place after the trade of Marc Barron, as well as the rumors that swirled around Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin. Sounds like the front office was waving the flag, and I wouldn't be surprised if the players follow.

Cleveland beats the spread.

Comment

GL today! Like the Ravens as well...they are probably the best team in that division by far. I see the Browns D getting the stops as well, but just can't trust their anemic running game. I was there last week when they only had 39 yds rushing vs. Oakland. Maybe today they get their tonic.....:thumbs:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
      X