NFL Futures Bets: Who Do You Like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shorts View Post
    I just can't believe nobody has picked my Browns to win the SB!!! LMAO!!!:beer2:
    There's Always Next Year!:drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by recovering77 View Post
      As much as I like Randy Moss, I'd have to agree with the commentators on ESPN. Randy Moss just seemed to have lost the passion for the game of football. Over the past few years he's been one of the biggest busts in terms of wasted potential.
      i think going to a team like NE, and playing with Brady/Belichek is just the thing to revive the "passion".

Originally posted by recovering77 View Post
      Indy winning last year was the shocker of the world with what the defense showed against teams like Jacksonville. I dunno how they stepped up so big last season.
      Shocker? They were favourites to win it all pre-season. 4-1 I believe.

Comment

underdog-

I think the steelers were unfortunate last year of having to play roethlisomethin too soon after his bike accident and then his stomach injury i think. That sort of toyed with them all season as he was never quite ready. Regardless, I think they will be back in contention with the defensive help from the draft, the new coach who has a football IQ of about 400. Despite their harder schedule, i really dont think the browns bengals or ravens will be up for the challenge this year. The bengals well are just that. they are far from challenging in that division. browns.. maybe in 2 years, and the ravens just keep getting older on defense as well as offense. No adalius thomas which means jared johnson will be taking his spot?! If any of you know who he is he does not play like thomas. So i think the steelers will win the north and they will just take it game by game from there on.

oh yea and the steelers drafted a punter who runs a 4.4 40 for some fake punts!:sm:

Comment

The punter for the steel could run a 2.5 40 but it's not gonna matter unless he can make solid decisions at qb cause big ben cant.

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
            The punter for the steel could run a 2.5 40 but it's not gonna matter unless he can make solid decisions at qb cause big ben cant.
            :dunno:

Big Ben made some pretty good decisions in the 2005 season...leading his team to a Super Bowl victory...not bad...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
              :dunno:

Big Ben made some pretty good decisions in the 2005 season...leading his team to a Super Bowl victory...not bad...
              Im convinced that team would've won with any decent qb, that team was driven by that defence. Dilfer won the superbowl but that doesn't make him a great or even good qb. Bens way overated. The more the team relied on him to perform the worse they'll be, he's at his best when he isn't required to do much but manage the clock.

Comment

Im convinced that team would've won with any decent qb, that team was driven by that defence. Dilfer won the superbowl but that doesn't make him a great or even good qb. Bens way overated. The more the team relied on him to perform the worse they'll be, he's at his best when he isn't required to do much but manage the clock.
                He took the same team Tommy Maddox led to a losing record to a 15-1(1-1 when he took over) record in his rookie season, then in his second year won the SB. He must be doing something right.

Comment

TITANS 50:1
                  a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
                  Sides: +17.4 units
                  Totals: +0 units
                  In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
                  Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                    He took the same team Tommy Maddox led to a losing record to a 15-1(1-1 when he took over) record in his rookie season, then in his second year won the SB. He must be doing something right.
                    We will come to see. I'm not sold on him. I'll admit I'm wrong about him if he shows something again but he was complete shyt in the superbowl game and hasn't been any better since it. No Cowher, the vaunted defense fading, time for him to step up. I'm not saying he's a bad qb by any means just extremely overated. I'd say there are at least 10 qbs I'd take before him if I were starting a team today and that's leaving off a few guys I may still have taken before him. That's just me tho.

Comment

We will come to see. I'm not sold on him. I'll admit I'm wrong about him if he shows something again but he was complete shyt in the superbowl game and hasn't been any better since it. No Cowher, the vaunted defense fading, time for him to step up. I'm not saying he's a bad qb by any means just extremely overated. I'd say there are at least 10 qbs I'd take before him if I were starting a team today and that's leaving off a few guys I may still have taken before him. That's just me tho.
                      I don't think anyone was comparing him to Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. You seem to dislike him for whatever, and that's fine, but Nitts is right - he did take basically the same team Maddox blew chinks with and guided them to an incredible season, culminating in a Super Bowl victory. Is he a Top 10 NFL QB? No. But like I said, no one was saying he was in the first place.

Comment

you tell 'em cuse:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                          I don't think anyone was comparing him to Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. You seem to dislike him for whatever, and that's fine, but Nitts is right - he did take basically the same team Maddox blew chinks with and guided them to an incredible season, culminating in a Super Bowl victory. Is he a Top 10 NFL QB? No. But like I said, no one was saying he was in the first place.
                          I thought we were talking about our superbowl picks and reasons for why we like teams and don't like other teams as potential sb winners. My argument was that with Ben and this current version of the steel that I don't think they have a run in them. People brought up the teams superbowl and I countered with that I thought any solid qb on that same roster would've had plenty of success, Maddox was subpar. Comparing him to the other qbs whose teams may make a run is relevant to the argument. As for disliking him, I'm not a fan but there's no major dislike just think he's overated as I think Vick, Eli and Romo are.

Comment

Oakland's odd 175 to 1??? If Vick is found innocent, the Raiders will win the SB. Anything could happen then.

Seriously, I think the Colts could do it again. However, the Pats have a better chance now with Moss. I would take him over that dumbnuts down in big D anytime.

Comment

and 4 months later most of us are eating crow.......

I was right about Dallas being a powerhouse, but damn was I wrong about Miami :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Someone posted Pitts, Dallas, and Jax I believe. Those were good plays for the odds.

New England at 4 to 1 was a "gift". Who woulda thought they'd be pushing perfection at this point.

Nothing has happened yet, but it's funny to see the picks again.

You laughed then about Cleveland winning the SB. They still aren't but I bet everyone is ******* surprised!
                              39-39-2 Plays, 26-25 Leans, System Plays (2-1), Half System Plays (2-4)
                              Playoffs 6-4 Plays, 4-1 Leans

43-46 Plays, 24-28 Leans, 4-4 System Plays, 2-0 Half System Plays
                              Playoffs 8-4 plays, 1-2 leans, 1-0 Half System Plays

36-29 Plays, 25-31 leans; Playoffs 3-3 Plays, 0-2 leans

18-16-1 Plays, 18-18-1 Leans; Playoffs 6-2 Plays, 0-1 Leans

15-8 plays, 7-6 leans, 2-1 Heavy MLs

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                                BALTIMORE 20 to 1
                                PITTSBURGH 28 to 1
                                DALLAS 25 to 1
                                TENNESSEE 50 to 1

These 4 seem like the best value to me. Ravens defence always gives them a chance, and maybe an improved offence? Looking for a rebound year from the Steelers, and maybe a new young vision gives them a spark. Dallas is one botched play away...LOL. And, look out for the Titans this year!
                                Ravens improved offence! :laughing: Surprised I said that in the pre-season, as I've been fading Baltimore all year!

I was right about that Pitt & Dallas value however! :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X