CLEVELAND BROWNS at the CINCINNATI BENGALS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLEVELAND BROWNS at the CINCINNATI BENGALS

This game could likely be a laugher, but some strange things have happened in the past when these two take the field. I just don't trust the NFL that much.
    Every stat points in the direction of Cincinnati, except the offensive 3rd down percentage, where Cleveland is 2.5 better than Cincinnati(45.8% to 43.3%). Completions per game, 24.1 to 21.8 and defensive completions allowed 20.2 for the Browns and 26.4 for the Bengals also favors the Browns. Defensive pass completion %(58.9 Browns) and (67.5 Bengals) also favors the Browns.
    The Browns have been sacked 27 times to the Bengals 9, and the Browns have allowed 15 passing TDs to the Bengals 9.
    Neither team rushes well 3.4 yds per carry for the Browns and 3.9 yds per carry for the Bengals. Both well below the NFL average. And they both allow too many yds per carry to the opponent (4.8 yds/c for Cleveland and an even 5.0 yds/c for Cincinnati). A total of 8 rushing TDs given up by the Browns and only 3 rushing TDs allowed (which is very strong through 7 games) for Cincinnati.
    The very important stat of rushing yards per game goes easily to Cincinnati ( 84 for the Browns and 115.9 for Cincinnati). Scoring only 2 rushing TDs in 8 games for the Brownies don't quite get it in the NFL, whereas the Bengals have scored 9 in 7 games.
    The game could likely focus on the rushing attack vs the rushing defense, which in turn would point to the under of 44 or 45. With Josh McCown sitting on the bench would also indicate the under.
    Bottom line, the under and Cincy minus the points(12 to 12.5 most places) would be the only two choices for me. But like I said crazy things happen when these two meet.

"Everybody plays the fool, sometimes....there's no exception to the rule."

Excellent call Sir. I appreciate your analysis.

Comment

Working...
    X