Bill Walsh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Walsh

can't believe no one has mentioned this yet...or im blind.....

Walsh passes away at 76.......truly one of the great coaches, minds and innovators in the NFL. Brought the short passing game offense to the NFL and presided over a dynasty for a lot of years in SF. Pretty good guy from all accounts. He has also done a TON for both Stanford and especially SJSU in recent years from fund raising to everything. Sad to see people like that go. Still can't believe the Bengals passed him over for coach...actually i can......:bang: .................RIP.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

RIP

agreed, I must be blind, thought it would have been mentioned already.

but everyones preoccupied with Vick :bang: and even KG stole a bit of headlines with that "potential" trade.

I was one of those weird kids who rooted for the 49ers IF they weren't playing the Cowboys.

R.I.P. Bill Walsh
    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

What an innovator this guy was. I've watched some documentaries on him and he's a fascinating individual. He truly lived for the game. His regret was that he felt like he left coaching too early and that he felt that old 49ers team had a couple more super bowls in them. What a true competitor.

Gotta have huge respect for anybody who has the kind of passion for the game that this guy had.

Many teams have good offenses. His were GREAT.

R.I.P.

Comment

Great person, great coach, and a great innovator for the game.....Talk about your class acts, Bill Walsh was King of San Fran during the 9ers dynasty. He'll be missed but won't be forgotten! :sm:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Inventor of the West Coast Offense..; Genious!!...RIP.
          Either Black or Red...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Strikes View Post
            Inventor of the West Coast Offense..; Genious!!...RIP.
            ironic thing is, any team looking for a quick fix for their offensive troubles always try to run it for a couple years before giving up.

a la: Dallas Cowboys back with Bruce Coslet :bang:
            Atlanta Falcons with Jim Mora Jr. :bang:

and more off the top of my head that I cant remember

oh yeh

Detroit Lions with blah blah blah Mornigqigiwhwtigimaloserwig.

point is, unless you're Bill Walsh, or Mike Holgrem or a DIRECT disciple of these two like Andy Reid, or something, the West Coast is nothing more than a gimmick.

but thats also stupid of me to say, cuz you need the right QB also. like Montana, Young, Favre and even McNabb (when Healthy).

Joey Harrington just plain sucks, Michael Vick had no hope, and Quincy Carter running the west coast? LMAO please.
            :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
            -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Although I'm a Bills fan through & through, I will never forget the Niners/Bengals SB. Probably the first game that really got me hooked on sports. I'll never forget how classy Bill was & I really admired him. RIP to a truly innovative coach who changed the game we love so much :thanks:
              Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

He single handily made me an NFL fan. I was a CFL fan growing up, and then the 80's 49ers broke on the scene....what a fun team to watch.

RIP.

Comment

Working...
                X