Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im new to PInnacle..do i have to get used to these lines?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im new to PInnacle..do i have to get used to these lines?

I liked the under 17.5 but -148??????????????? I had to avoid this game. I hope I dont have to go through this the entire season, or is this because its a televised game, first game of post season and everyone is on under? Sportsinteraction always has -110 maybe -115 at the most.

Anyways I'm not around baseball much, since none of my unders are working, trying to get my money back by betting unders in WNBA, and its working so I am sticking with unders over there....not much capping involved over there, so I'm not stressing anymore over frigin baseball....
    Record since my ban was lifted October 15 2008

NCAAFB 20 - 11
    NFL 21 - 6 - 2 :thumbs:
    NHL 7 - 9
    SOCCER 1 - 4 <---this will improve
    MLB 1 - 1
    NBA 7 - 5
    NCAABB1 - 0

If you mean having a tough time beating them then yes.

Most of the value Pinnacle offers is with their openers. If you can't hit 'em early then you should look to bet at another book on game day.

Comment

Thanks RJP, I guess I will have to get plays in earlier. :nuts:

NCAAFB 20 - 11
      NHL 7 - 9
      MLB 1 - 1
      NBA 7 - 5
      NCAABB1 - 0

Comment

All I'm saying is Pinny's lines are known to be very strong on gameday. Might as well flip coins if you're constantly betting into those numbers. :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by rjp View Post
          All I'm saying is Pinny's lines are known to be very strong on gameday. Might as well flip coins if you're constantly betting into those numbers. :thumbs:
          Pinny is a great book to use to watch where the sharp money in coming in as compared to the public money....but you are never going to get value on unders and dogs at Pinny like you got at SIA. Never in a million years. SIA will never have sharp action keeping their lines balanced like Pinnacle because their limits are so low (plus their shaky rep would probably be enough to scare off potential high rollers anyway), so their lines nearly always move the way the public is betting, where as with Pinnacle you often have quite the opposite, with the lines moving against the public due to large smart money plays often happening and balancing out the public action....therefore a book like SIA needs to offer a better line on the anti-public side to even out their action a little as much as possible.

SIA is an anti public player's dream. I hear the same is true for BetUS, although I've never played there to know for sure.

Comment

Stif, I need to learn how to money gram, as SIA didn't take my gift card. Bodog is almost as good as SIA, but sometimes the lines SIA deals are unreal!

I get the feeling I need to move a lot of money over there as I'd be making most of my bets there. :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by rjp View Post
              Stif, I need to learn how to money gram, as SIA didn't take my gift card. Bodog is almost as good as SIA, but sometimes the lines SIA deals are unreal!

I get the feeling I need to move a lot of money over there as I'd be making most of my bets there. :thumbs:
              I do, lol. The value there is beyond belief if you like dogs and unders...or anti public plays in general. I also have active accounts with 5 dimes and Sportbet.com and I easily make 2 bets at SIA for every 1 I make between the other two.

Wait till football and basketball roll around....you can almost always get a hook in your favor on just about every game (if the play is antipublic), and if the public is really pounding something, you can on occasion get as much as like 2 points in your favor there.

They're usually slow to react too, so if you like following steam moves at all, you can often get a very good line with that as well. I personally don't do that often, especially not in baseball, but I'll do it occasionally in football or basketball.

Another thing I think you'd like is that often times (especially with NFL) SIA will juice the **** out of the public side (lets say Jacksonville is playing Indy and the public is hitting Indy -3 hard), and you can often get something like JAX +3.5 AND at +105 or +110 at SIA if you watch the line till you get what you want. Getting the hook AND plus odds....now that's sweet IMO.

Usually there's mega value on weeknight primetime college football and basketball games that are televised too.

Unfortunately I don't know how to use money gram though. I haven't deposited anywhere since the whole crack down thing with the gov't, and i really don't plan to, so I haven't looked into any of the methods that are still able to be used.

As far as Bodog, I could never seem to get a good line with them for some reason. Every time I wanted to make a play there, the spread line would usually be juiced to like -115 or -120, and I got real annoyed with that. At the very least I'd get market line and the standard -110. Never used Bodog for bases, so I have no idea about their bases lines.

Keep in mind though that Bodog does have a better rating and reputation than SIA, although I've been with SIA for probably 5 years, had multiple withdrawals, and have never had a problem other than when the idiots canceled my wager the one time due to a pitching change, even though i KNOW i had the replacement pitcher listed. I can only speak from personal experience, but I don't have anything bad to say about them, and I'm not worried about being paid by them when I request a W/D....at least not any more than I would be from any other book right now.

Comment

I use to watch pinnacle and bet the dog at SIA if that makes any sense. I did it quite afew times and the one I remember clearly, was LA vs LA in Nba, in April, Lakers were up big and favored and Juiced like -130 for the second half at SIA...I look over at PInnicle, the clippers were favored like - 109....I pounded Clippers at SIA for like +110. This would almost always work out.

NCAAFB 20 - 11
                NHL 7 - 9
                MLB 1 - 1
                NBA 7 - 5
                NCAABB1 - 0

Comment

Originally posted by Personified View Post
                  I use to watch pinnacle and bet the dog at SIA if that makes any sense. I did it quite afew times and the one I remember clearly, was LA vs LA in Nba, in April, Lakers were up big and favored and Juiced like -130 for the second half at SIA...I look over at PInnicle, the clippers were favored like - 109....I pounded Clippers at SIA for like +110. This would almost always work out.
                  Yep, that makes sense. It's partly what I was referring to earlier too. The line at SIA is always going to indicate where the public money is going, while at Pinnacle, you can get a good feel for where the smarter money is going (if at all), and you can get the value at SIA if you want to follow the sharp money, instead of playing the already adjusted line at Pinnacle.

Comment

Damn Stif, I've never checked out SIA, but will definitely look into them now. Are the dog moneylines solid compared to Pinny? I'm wondering for football, love them doggie MLs, but some places (like BoDog) put out low ass numbers for dogs....
                    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

I may have to go back to SIA lol. When i was there everyone bashed on it, now that i leave people like it. My account is emptied there, and yes they did finally pay me. I realize checks are the way to go when withdrawing, it came within 7 days. I do like the lines at SIA but I dont like being limited, when i found out my maximum on a WNBA total was 50 dollars, i knew i had to go lol

NCAAFB 20 - 11
                      NHL 7 - 9
                      MLB 1 - 1
                      NBA 7 - 5
                      NCAABB1 - 0

Comment

Working...
                      X