• Show
Clear All

• nfl week one

Best Bets (0-0)(even)
    Strong Plays (0-0)(even)
    Regular Plays (0-0)(even)

Overall (0-0)(even)

Opinions (0-0)(No units, just for fun)

Back again for another NFL football season. My plays are Best Bets (3 units), Strong plays (2 units) and Regular plays (1 unit) I normally do very well in college football and I normally suck really bad in the NFL. Last year I won both in college and pro football…..the first time in a long time that I came out on top in both. Here are my records from last year.

NFL

BEST BETS (19-12)(+17.40 UNITS)
    STRONG PLAYS (23-13)(+17.40 UNITS)
    REGULAR PLAYS (18-27)(-15.70 UNITS)

TOTAL (60-52)(+23.10 UNITS)

OPINIONS (24-25)(NO UNITS, JUST FOR FUN)

COLLEGE

BEST BETS (19-8)(+30.60 UNITS)
    STRONG PLAYS (15-13)(+1.40 UNITS)
    REGULAR PLAYS (15-19)(-5.90 UNITS)

TOTAL (49-40)(+26.10 UNITS)

OPINIONS (30-27)(JUST FOR FUN, NO UNITS)

Well, we have a Thursday night game again this year to start the season and I am playing it just because it is the first game, so this is only going to be a regular play for just one unit.

New Orleans +6 vs Colts (regular play)……………….I really like this Saints team. They showed great improvement last year and I look for that to continue this year. Colts finally got their ring and I am sure emotions will be running high for their home opener, but I am not afraid of the colts. I don’t look for them to match what they did last year and I say they will slide a little bit this year. I know the Saints are going to score points of them and I feel they will get enough to cover, but his could be a shootout. My gut tells me this game ends up something like Colts 31-27.

Back on Friday will all my NFL Selections.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Best Bets (0-0)(even)
    Strong Plays (0-0)(even)
    Regular Plays (0-1)(-1.10 units)

Overall (0-1)(-1.10 units)

No Longer doing opinions, they are a waste of time since I don’t put anything on them or count in my record.

Lost my first official NFL play on Thursday. Had the Saints and it looked good at the half and then New Orleans decided not to come out in the 2nd half. Oh well, only a regular play for one unit. Here are mp picks for Sunday.

Washington -3 vs Miami (best bet)……………….This is another typical Miami Dolphins team. Great defense and No offense. Everybody expecting Cam Cameron to work magic with this offense, but I have seen no signs of it during the preseason. Washington a similar team who plays defense and struggles to score. Only way Miami wins this game is to give up 10 or less points and I don’t see that happening. The Dolphins defense is almost always stronger at home than on the road. My fish start the season out 0-1. Might be a long, long year for me.

Steelers -4.5 vs Cleveland (best bet)……………..Very strange seeing a new coach on the sidelines for Pittsburgh. Steelers are hungry again and have much to prove to everybody. They have looked great in the preseason (I know it does not mean anything), but I really think this team is going places this year. Ben is due to play well again after a couple of subpar seasons for him. Throw in the fact that the Cleveland Browns are the Cleveland Browns. There always seems to be a little bit of hope for them and by week four it is over. This game might be close since it is a rivalry and at Cleveland , but talent will win out in the end and the Steelers will be by seven or more points.

Philadelphia -3 vs Green Bay (strong play)…………….Mr McNabb, that is why I am taking them today. When healthy he just make this happen and makes this team go. Mr Favre will get his share of yards and score some points, but he will also give up his usual mistakes that costs his team points. Those mistakes will make the difference in helping the Eagles cover this small spread. Should be a good game, but I like McNabb over Favre here. There will be no cold, snowy weather this time of year to help the pack.

Seattle -5.5 vs Tampa Bay (strong play)…………This one almost looks to easy to me, but I will try it. Seattle always plays well at home. They are the much better team as well. Tampa will be one of the bottom feeders in the league again this year. My only concern is this game looks too easy to me, and they usually lose. It usually takes me a week of two to learn to go the opposite side on games like this. Probably a week one suckers bet. I have been known to be a sucker, what can I say.

New England -6 vs Jets (strong play)……………..Much talk about the Jets being improved this year, but I don’t see it. On paper, the Pats are clearly the team to beat this year and they know it. They might get big heads once the season gets rolling and lose of play some closer games than they should, but not the opener. Pats might not blow this team out, but they should not have any trouble covering less than a touchdown here.

San Diego -6 vs Chicago (regular play)……………This might be the Chargers year. I really think it is between them and New England in the AFC. I don’t know how the Bears have done what they have done the past few years, but I really don’t think they are that good of a team. They can play defense, but they will not shutdown the Chargers on their home field. Chargers should score enough to cover this small line.

Tennessee +7 vs Jacksonville (regular play)………..I have not seen a lot of people on Tennessee this week, they are mostly on the Jags. I really like Vince Young, he like Donavan McNabb make things happen. Jacksonville is probably the better team here, and I think most people expect them to have a very good team and make the playoffs, but I am not sold on their new starting QB. This game just feels like a game that will be decided by less than a touchdown to me.

Dallas -6 vs Giants (regular play)…………….Two teams headed in opposite directions this year, especially the Giants. I think they are a troubled team and have been the past couple of years. I think things are going to get much worse before they get better in New York. Dallas is solid, both on offense and defense. I am shocked this line is under seven at Dallas. I will try it.

There you have it. Like always I feel good about these picks. Last year was my first winning season in the NFL in a while. I am due to put a few seasons in a row together. My college picks are not doing as well as I thought they would. I am almost always better in college than the pro’s, so hopefully I can put it all together for the second straight season in the NFL.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Back Monday night for those two games.

Comment

Need a glass of water to go with all of that chalk? :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
      X