saints/colts -- from a saints fan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints/colts -- from a saints fan

hey guys i dont have the time to post often but i lurk and definitely been enjoying your takes on the game. i jsut wanted to add a couple of things from what ive been reading.

1. we brought in lance legree to shore up the run defense. he's not the 53 and i dont even rememebr seeing him in pre season. the guy you should be looking for is kendrick clancy, big run stuffer from the cards who got cut because of money. he's looked steller.

2. dhani jones. he got cut after the 4th game. fujita, shanle, and simoneau arent the biggest named but they played well AS A UNIT last yr.

3. this team under payton seems to play well in big games. 1. MNF v. atlanta 2. SNF @ dallas (when dallas was the hottest team in the league 42 -17) 3. divisional playoff v. eagles. sure two out of the 3 were home games but this team is actually BETTER on the road. go look at the stats. i believe we went 4-4 at home last yr (counting the week 17 phantom game v the panthers.

4. the only thing that bothers me is that we've struggled v AFC teams losing to he bengals, ravens, and steelers last yr.

5. take its for what its worth but i know ppl on the team and they say if we get a lead we're going to try to hammer them with the run. i'm not claiming to be an insider but take it FWIW.

6. the under looks good imo

i don't bet big money on the saints just because theyre my team but 6.5 is alot especially for an offense as potent as ours. no one talks about our defense but they were ranked 11th last yr. we get roman harper back at safety who was huge for this team the first 5 weeks. add jason david who excels in man to man (which is what we mostly run) instead of cover 2 the colts d ran. the only thing i'd be worried about is the deep pass with josh bullocks, he got burned deep often along with fred thomas. hopefully he corrwected that in the off season.

good luck guys and i'll definitely be reading alot this seasonl.:beerbang: :beerbang:
    NFL: 0-0 (+0 units)

yeah fred thomas was a goat last year

Comment

Working...
    X