Week one fishy plays...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week one fishy plays...

ok... im sure the majority of us watched the game last night and im curious to know if anyone thought that the last 2 or 3 minutes of play was REALLY fishy...

starting with brees' pass that was returned for a touchdown... i DVR'd the game to watch and re-watch it and it made no sense to me why the saints, who clearly saw that it was an interception did not do anything to force the back out of bounds, only making half ass attempts to touch him once he already ran passed them... i mean, they were CLEARLY staring him down and refused to touch him until he ran passed them... it wasnt some misdirection or crazy interception...

secondly, i understand you want to "pad your stats", but you're down 5 scores and there's 44 seconds left... why risk injuring your players by driving down field and attempting to score?

i swear to God i thought they were going to put up a field goal on the last play of the game just to hit the over...

now, im probably even more of a believer in getting ****ed by vegas than anyone in here, but the ending of last night's game was CLEARLY being controlled by forces outside the usual spectrum of sports...

anyone else know what im talking about?

I am with you POW. I vomited a little when Brees called TO with 8 secs left
    NFL 1-2-0 -1.1 units
    NCAAF 13-22-0 -13.5 units

"I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em." - Jim Valvano

Comment

i mean... i was on the under, so of course im going to be suspect but seriously, does this mean that the NFL is like the WWE, with a predetermined outcome?

i mean, are the athletes just going out there and going over a script?

Comment

i doubt there were any outside forces on that game. on the interception the saints were probably so disgusted with how the game was going that they didnt care anymore whether he was tackled or not. The rest of the game prior to that point did not seem fishy at all in my opinion.Colts spanked the saints and that really all that happened.

Comment

Working...
        X