Chris Simon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Simon

Anyone see what this clown did last night? How many games do you think Simon gets....Maybe none if the NHL deems it a clean hit LOL

Yup...that's a bad one. You gotta think it will be 10-15 games, IMO.
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 03-09-2007, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Happened at the worst possible time (especially for NYI betters).
      Isles would have pulled out a win. :blackeye: :blackeye:

Comment

He should be suspended for a YEAR. That was worse than Bertuzzi. It's assault with a deadly weapon too possibly, I would sue his ass off!

Scumbag.

Comment

I agree with Cuse....full year sounds good....it has to be a minimum of 20 games....stuff like that doesnt belong in the nhl...kinda sad colin campbell has let everything slip by so players think they can get away with anything and everything....

Comment

I was pissed as a guy who bet on the isles and as a fan of hockey. What a moronic move, you got smoked you're an enforcer take a number and payback when you have a chance. Game on the line and you go bonds on a guys face/throat?? I'd like to see the rest of the season/playoffs with no salary and at least 1/4 of next years season. Throw the book at him

Comment

It's won't be a year. Unfortunately it has a lot to do with the injury to the player. Shoudn't be that way, but I guaruntee it is. Hollweg is fine, with only a couple stiches, and he will be in the lineup next game. In Bertuzzi's case, Steve Moore was severely ****ed up, and that got Todd a year. If Moore gets up a minute after the incident and plays the next Avs game, Bertuzzi gets 15-20 games.

Also...I would give Hollweg 1-2 games for the careless hit from behind. That is arguably more dangerous than a stick to the head....boards can cause alot more damage.
              Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 03-09-2007, 02:54 PM.

Comment

JML-i respect your opinion, was there anything out of line with hollwegs hit, when compared to the niel/drury hit? i didnt catch the game, ill have to go check the hit out, as i only saw simons actions.....

Comment

I don't think the hit on Simon was all that bad. Hollweg didn't hit him flush from behind and drive him into the boards face first or anything he hit him from the side and drove him in, Simon just went in a bit awkwardly. I don't think theres any cause for a Hollweg suspension. Neils hit in comparison was a bit more borderline for me tho I think that was a clean hit too. I thought ovechkin on Briere was worse than Niel or Hollwegs hit

Comment

I just saw the highlight. Holy **** man..that guy's gotta sit the rest of the year for that. The only intent he had was to hurt that guy.
                    If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
                    What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

From what I've been reading (cnnsi, espn, foxsports), Simon should be getting a suspension for the rest of the year, including playoffs.

I took the +120 wager that this is going to be the case.

Comment

Just watched it again, and Vaz, the original hit on Simon is borderline. Changed my mind...No suspension, but a 2 minute minor IMO. I just mean that hits from behind into the boards are the #1 scariest thing in hockey. Evey year in Canada there are 1 or 2 instances where a minor hockey player is paralysed from that type of hit. Now Hockey Canada even has a red STOP sign on the back of all minor hockey jerseys to try and remind the kids of the danger.

Simon deserves alot, my point was I think the chance of a serious injury with a hit from behind as opposed to a stick in th jaw is much much greater. Hits from behind just always scare me.

Another thing is I hear this being compared to the Bertuzzi or Mcsorley cheap shots, but I think this isn't nearly as bad. This was more of a reactionary act as opposed to a "stalking" attack. Simon got planted into the boards head first, got up pissed off and groggy, and reacted stupidly. Give him a lengthy suspension, sure, but the other two guys chased their victims down, knew exactly what they wanted to do, and did it. That is way more scary IMO. When you let violence be legally apart of your game with fighting and hitting, sometimes in the spur of the moment the line gets crossed, and I think thats what heppened here. Dumb, very dumb, but I have been there, and you don't know how similar a punch and slash can be in that split second. A punch you might get 2 minutes, a slash you get a year?

Still think 10-15 should do it.
                        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 03-10-2007, 02:15 PM.

Comment

JML - I gotta ask. What if that stick was 3 or 4 inches higher? That guy could have lost an eye. I think Simon got very lucky that he hit him where he did. Very luck. For the potential that the guy could have lost an eye, the league needs to send a message - he should sit the rest of the year....and honestly, I don't think that is enough...but hockey is a violent game...but that crap, there should be no room for it. No wonder they don't have a TV contract with a major network.

Comment

Working...
                          X