NHL Opening Week leans (Wed/Thurs) >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Opening Week leans (Wed/Thurs) >>>

Waiting for my books to post lines (later today I assume)...but for now, I like:

Matchups are :

Wed Oct 3, 2007
    7:00 PM Canadiens @ Hurricanes
    7:00 PM Ducks @ Red Wings
    7:30 PM Senators @ Maple Leafs
    9:30 PM Stars @ Avalanche

Thu Oct 4, 2007
    7:00 PM Panthers @ Rangers
    7:00 PM Maple Leafs @ Senators
    7:30 PM Devils @ Lightning
    8:00 PM Avalanche @ Predators
    8:30 PM Blackhawks @ Wild
    9:00 PM Sharks @ Oilers
    10:00 PM Blues @ Coyotes
    10:00 PM Flyers @ Flames

I like...

Wed:

Canes (rebound year...like them in the home opener...Habs suspect, IMO)
    Wings (Fading the Ducks travel from London, that is brutal for them....LA didn't get a game until Fri...Wings money at home as a rule)
    Avs (again...mine and FF sleeper team this year in home opener against a team with no firepower)

Thurs:

Preds (fading Avs back to back games to start the year, going on the road after a home opener...Nash will be better than expected, IMO...love this play especcialy if the Avs win the H.O.)
    Wild (Solid team in H.O. in front of rabid fans, healthy Gaborik, good goaltending, Hawks too young)
    Flames (Tough spot for Philly to open season, on the road in Western Canada, on National TV Hockey Night in Canada, against a solid team, in Iron Mike's debut)

Any leans, thoughts?

leaning the same way as you in most of the games just like this one other one

Blues over the Desert dogs

Yotes are gonna suck again and the blues picked up some talent and were really rolling towards the end of last year. Murray will have his team playing well this year.

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
      Yotes are gonna suck again and the blues picked up some talent and were really rolling towards the end of last year. Murray will have his team playing well this year.
      Yeah...I agree, that the dogs will be horrible this year, (did I read that former Leaf #3, Michael Telqvist won the starters job??) but I think the books will be giving Devil Ray type lines for them all year....Coyote opponents will not likely see many lines under -200...

Comment

love the wild at home

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          Yeah...I agree, that the dogs will be horrible this year, (did I read that former Leaf #3, Michael Telqvist won the starters job??) but I think the books will be giving Devil Ray type lines for them all year....Coyote opponents will not likely see many lines under -200...
          I agree but I can't see the line hitting close to that in this game. If it were the sharks or wings maybe but i'd be surprised if this even hit -140 for the blues. Course I have been surprised before. They gotta hurry up and get these lines up

Comment

lines up at bookmaker

Comment

Wednesday (Greek)

Anaheim Mighty Ducks +170
              Detroit Red Wings -200

Montreal Canadiens +135
              Carolina Hurricanes -155

Ottawa Senators -125
              Toronto Maple Leafs +105

Dallas Stars +120
              Colorado Avalanche -140

Well...it looks like the books are pretty close to right on, according to my early leans, as Carolina & Colorado are significant favs. And how about the Stanley Cup Champs getting +170! I guess the books agree with the travel problems I mentioned. I really thought I'd get better lines on Car/Col.

:nuts:

Comment

Go redwings!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                  Wednesday (Greek)

Detroit Red Wings -200

Montreal Canadiens +135
                  Carolina Hurricanes -155

Ottawa Senators -125
                  Toronto Maple Leafs +105

Dallas Stars +120
                  Colorado Avalanche -140

Well...it looks like the books are pretty close to right on, according to my early leans, as Carolina & Colorado are significant favs. And how about the Stanley Cup Champs getting +170! I guess the books agree with the travel problems I mentioned. I really thought I'd get better lines on Car/Col.

:nuts:
                  Nice to see a little discussion going on here. Got a ****'n test tommorow night at 6 and got only 1 hr to do it. lol Leafs always come first. Cant wait for pucks tommorow, i ussualy try to stay away from lines untill they are posted the day of or night before on my site but with them posted here ill give my initial thoughts.

No research into the games just initial thoughts:
                  Detroit Red Wings -200

I know all this talk about schedule and fatigue but guys remember its the beginning of the season and to think they havnt taken the trip to london into concideration in there training and that they wont be ready for the start of the season then your nuts. The Ducks will be fine and ready to go. Know i think the line is high because ANA is without some key players from last year. There hurting for reasons other than the trip. At the same time its Ducks or no play for me. Not laying -200 on anyone especially gainst a team like the ducks who even though lost game 1 against the kings showed signs of domination and then took it to them in game 2. Should be a good close game coming down to goaltending.

Montreal Canadiens +135
                  Carolina Hurricanes -155

The habs are being written off way to early in the season. Got some good young talent coming up this year plus pretty much the same team from last year. Souray's gone which hurts the powerplay but like McCabe teams would have adjusted to him this year. Not sure which way im going with here but can think of many reasons to go with each side.

Ottawa Senators -125
                  Toronto Maple Leafs +105
                  GO LEAFS GO. I guess u can sense a little bias here but GO LEFS GO. lol. Nice line for non Leaf fans looking for the sens to continue there regular season success against the leafs. (still only regular season success though lol)

Dallas Stars +120
                  Colorado Avalanche -140

The only thing here in this game is will the Aves be firing on all cylinders with the major additions this early in the season. Stars are the stars. Very good defensively, good skating, great goaltending. Aves on the other hand are really a decent team last year with some major additions. Hannan on D, Smyth on O. Goaltending is the only thing that worries me about this tem.
                  Predictem Record: (1 unit=$25)
                  NHL TOTAL---> 21-17-0 (+10.47 units)
                  CBB TOTAL---> 21-21-1 (-4.72 units)
                  CFB TOTAL---> 0-0-0
                  NBA TOTAL---> 0-0-0
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  2010 TOTAL--->42-38-1 (5.75 units)
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  2009 TOTAL--->198-177-9 (+7.62 units)

Comment

Working...
                  X