NHL friday with flmmkrz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL friday with flmmkrz

Well the desert dogs found a way to get it done yesterday so I ended up with a down day ... as I just read ff say I guess we can't expect the dogs to lose every game this year. On to my thoughts and plays for today:

Ducks/CBJ - this feels like the oil/sharks game of last night. Who in their right mind loves the jackets at the opening line with jackets being a favorite? Hell who likes them now even at +108 dogs?? The jet lag cant be a huge issue at this point as they played a stronger wings team down to the wire, there's no back 2 back so what's with this line? To make it more confusing, the jackets have Foote, Modin and Peca on the IR. I hope this line keeps shooting up cause right now it's a non play but if this hits high enough i'll take the jackets.

Penguins/Canes - 110 open on the canes, -105 on the pens now. With the public in love with the pens, they seem the easy pick at this price. Canes didn't look good vs the habs and they team burnt me sooooooooo many times last year that I don't look forward to taking them ever but they played the pens tough last year and they are a decent home squad. By game time they should be home dogs, and I'll look at them then.

Isles/Sabres - 173 , it's chalky but the sabres should be ready to play. They're still the more talented squad and as good as Dipietro looked last year, Millers just as good. Big home showing to show the fans they still got it after losing the big 2? That's my lean.

Thrash/Caps - Have no idea what to make of the thrash, 2 guys who can light it up but they stuck white in the center who isn't much of anything. 2nd line Holik and Kozlov are solid but the team after that is space fillers, defense is cast offs from everywhere and a rookie and a hit or miss goalie. How did these guys win the division last year? Caps got a little more offensive punch this year, decent goalie and the defense is at least as solid as the thrash. Thrash owned this match up last year but I can't find a reason to like either team here. I'll pass.

Bruins/Stars - Bruins have talent up front, at least 1 good dman and Fernandez was good behind the minny defense. He wont get that support here so I'm curious to see how good he really is. Regardless I still like the geriatric stars to get it done at home.

Sharks/Nucks - I'll try and be as objective as possible here. The canucks will be quicker than last year and will ice 3 lines with the potential to put up points. The sharks played well enough to win last night and went the distance. As new as the season is it's gotta be rough walking into a 2nd consecutive home opener and then having to match our jump after playing last night. The pk should be very good for the nucks again this season and our defense will continue to be solid, we're a tough home team. With having to play a b2b ourselves with the flames tomorrow I'd imagine the bigger effort comes out tonight for us. Sharks are a tough road team and put up very good numbers on pp last year, they showed themselves to be disciplined last year as well so we might not get too many chances on the pp but there pk is average as is the nucks pp (maybe worse than average without Salo). Home teams are doing damage in the early going and for the small price I'll back my nucks here most likely.

Nothing locked in yet tho I'm leaning

CBJ, Canes, Sabres, Stars and Nucks

That Canes line should be closer to -125 or so on the Canes flmm, GL with all your plays :thumbs:

Comment

locked in a couple, will be waiting for better lines in a couple others...

Vancouver - 112 to win 1 unit
      Atlanta - 141 to win 1 unit

I wasn't going to play the thrashers but the more I look at it the more I like the the thrashers here. Biggest reason is washington has a game tomorrow, their own home opener and this game isn't going to mean nearly as much to them as that game will while the thrash should be hyped for tonight. You also cant overlook the record over the past few years for the thrash and caps, 12-2-4 for the thrash.
      Last edited by flmmkrz; 10-05-2007, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I would conclude that it's the first game of the year for both teams so, they would be up for it equally!

Anyway...GL to your nuckers!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          I would conclude that it's the first game of the year for both teams so, they would be up for it equally!

Anyway...GL to your nuckers!
          just a perception thing I guess, I would think their home opener is a bigger deal to them tommorrow vs the away game tonight but they could just be up for their first game period. It was just one of the factors for me but I thought it relevant. Part of the reason I like the canes tonight as well, Pitt will be game but the ducks in their own yard tommorrow should get the juices flowing a little more for them.

Thx, hope my nuckers can take care of biz

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
            just a perception thing I guess, I would think their home opener is a bigger deal to them tommorrow vs the away game tonight but they could just be up for their first game period. It was just one of the factors for me but I thought it relevant. Part of the reason I like the canes tonight as well, Pitt will be game but the ducks in their own yard tommorrow should get the juices flowing a little more for them.

Thx, hope my nuckers can take care of biz
            Division game, season opener, the Caps will be up for it, there not even thinking about the home opener right now.
            Predictem Record: (1 unit=$25)
            NHL TOTAL---> 21-17-0 (+10.47 units)
            CBB TOTAL---> 21-21-1 (-4.72 units)
            CFB TOTAL---> 0-0-0
            NBA TOTAL---> 0-0-0
            ---------------------------------------------------
            2010 TOTAL--->42-38-1 (5.75 units)
            ---------------------------------------------------
            2009 TOTAL--->198-177-9 (+7.62 units)

Comment

Originally posted by Leafs3113 View Post
              Division game, season opener, the Caps will be up for it, there not even thinking about the home opener right now.
              I agree.

I think a situation like last night with Colorado, where they had their homeopener BEFORE having to travel into someone else's homeopener (Nash) is where this situation would occur. But not a season opener, divisional game for BOTH teams. Ovechkin isn't trying because he is thinking about some half full arena the next night? doubt it.

GO NUCKERS

Comment

I would agree with that jml, I don't doubt that caps will be game and putting it was the biggest reason for the play wasn't entirely accurate but my thinking is if this gets away from them early they don't go balls out when they know they got a game the next night that's their own home opener. I don't think for a second that these guys half ass it out of the gates or anything and if they're in the game it's a non issue.

Comment

Stars - 172 to win 1 unit

Sabres - 170 to win 1 unit

Canes + 101 x 1 unit

Comment

Should've trusted my initial instincts and not taken the thrashers. Nice call caps backers.

and the isles played much better than I expected, good up tempo game. Lydman is bloody awful, all game it seems he was coughing the puck up. I dont get to watch many sabres game is this the norm or just an off game. Defense as a whole is really scrambly.

Comment

what a pitiful display of capping on my part.

Vancouver - 112 to win 1 unit LOSS - 1.12
                      Atlanta - 141 to win 1 unit LOSS - 1.41
                      Stars - 172 to win 1 unit WIN + 1
                      Sabres - 170 to win 1 unit LOSS -1.70
                      Canes + 101 x 1 unit WIN + 1.01

2-3 , -2.22 units

Comment

Working...
                      X