Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Wednesday >>>

YTD: 4-9, -12.40 Units

Going in a different direction with some large numbers...

Sens PL +185 vs Thrashers - 2 Units
    Best against worst? Atlanta starts slow...I have them being last in the Easter Conference in my pre-season prediction, and they have done nothing to change my mind. No defence on this team....which spells trouble against the league's hottest team that can fill the net with their top line. Ottawa beat their rival Toronto in b2b, then easily handled contenders NYR & NJ. Gerber's been awesome. Atlanta not a deep team at all, and already have injury problems with their best player Hossa doubtful for this one with a tweaked groin. Blowout in Georgia, IMO.

Preds +108 vs Blues - 3 Units
    Nashville starts the year out 2-0 with two great wins over top teams Col & Dal. This is a good team, with lots of depth, and will make the playoffs like I predicted. Chris Mason has been great, and I have to take them as a dog. STL missing their two best defencemen to injury (Mckee/Brewer), and #1 goalie, Legace is questionable.

Flames +162 vs Red Wings - 2 Units
    I'm thinking Calgary gets their first win of the year tonight, and it's a nice price for a pretty good team. Worth it IMO, as Detroit is 2-1, but hasn't exactly been world-beaters so far squeaking out a win against the tired Ducks, losing to the weak Hawks, and beating a mediocre Edm team in a close one. It also looks like we might get Osgood instead of Hasek tonight. Calgary always plays Detroit tough, and it's time for the Flames big guns to get some goals tonight. This line is a little high to give Calgary, as Detroit is traditionally a very public team.

Canucks PL +203 vs Flyers - 2 Units
    Philly in a tough spot tonight, playing their 3rd straight game in Western Canada to start the year. I just can't see them heading home 2-1 with a win over Luongo and the "nuckers". Philly defence still suspect, IMO, and Luongo usually doesn't give up more than 2 goals, so I like the value on the puckline here...looks like a 4-1 game, IMO.

Wild -181 vs Oilers - 2 Units
    One of the best home teams in the league....Gaborik goes off...

Rough start to the year, let's see what tonight brings...2 out of 4 is a good night, anything better is great.

GL ALL... :beerbang:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-10-2007, 04:18 PM.

Where do you find out the starting goalie info?

GL tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
      Where do you find out the starting goalie info?

GL tonight!
      Larry...I check out tsn.ca ("icechips") for game info, stats, projected lines & injury status (including goalies). Then I check out hockeyinformer.com or goaliepost.com for starting goalie info.

It's usually good to check the goalie sites later in the day, as things can change after the morning skate. Some coaches can be pricks, and not tip their hat until gametime as well (Crawford, Maurice, Hitchcock).

:beerbang:
      Last edited by Larry; 10-10-2007, 10:38 AM.

Comment

gl bro

Comment

Thanks JML. I edited your post because the first place you listed has a forum.

GL tonight!!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
            Thanks JML. I edited your post because the first place you listed has a forum.

GL tonight!!
            Oh...I've seen that place mentioned in here lots of times as a place for info for football :beerbang: ...so didn't know It was off limits...sorry!

Thanks Larry... :beerbang:

Comment

Very informative sites you use, thanks. As for the other one I deleted, I don't know if its taboo or not just thought i'd be safe.

Comment

[SIZE="6"][/SIZE] Picks Look good I have not played a game yet.May tail ya On a few.:thumbs:

Comment

Thanks guys...and for you trend fans....Nashville 15-1 in last 16 against STL. :beer2:

Was also looking at SJ...but the Sharks are also on the end of a brutal road trip to start the year....playing in Edm/Van/Col, and then east to face Chicago. Decided against it.

Was also seeing some value on the Kings...they have some firepower...but they are traditionally a horrible road team, and I'm not sure I like backing Labarbera against Turco, so that became a no-play as well.

Comment

GL JML :thumbs:

Comment

GL JML. I like a lot of your plays...although Calgary on the road?? :puke:

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                        although Calgary on the road?? :puke:
                        @ +162...yes.

This is a playoff quality team facing Chris Osgood, looking for their first win of the year. And they will not go 0-41 on the road. lol. Outside of Zetterberg, the Wings haven't impressed me THAT much, although they are surely a quality team. Kipper could steal the game. Iginla line could go off. Flames win this at least 40% of the time against Osgood so it's worth the price, IMO.

Comment

gl JML...Like Nashville tonight
                          NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                          NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                          NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                          NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                            @ +162...yes.

This is a playoff quality team facing Chris Osgood, looking for their first win of the year. And they will not go 0-41 on the road. lol. Outside of Zetterberg, the Wings haven't impressed me THAT much, although they are surely a quality team. Kipper could steal the game. Iginla line could go off. Flames win this at least 40% of the time against Osgood so it's worth the price, IMO.
                            Hmm...good explanation. :thumbs:

Comment

Added the WILD :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X