• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL thursday with flmmkrz

Still shocked at the egg my nuckers layed last night. On to todays games:

Sabres ml @ -195 to win 1 unit
    Sabres -1.5 @ +145 x 1 unit

Battle of the winless teams, sabres are rested, deeper, at home and not playing a back to back game. I don't think the b2b is a huge issue in this match up but if I had to choose i'd rather be against the team playing the b2b then with them.

Canes +150 x 1 unit

Sens are red hot but 6 games in 9 nights is a tough sched and that one of them was last night getting the canes tonight who are an agressive offensive club who will put a lot of pressure on the sens back end. If their legs aren't up to the challenge, they'll get caught or take penalties. Also love the way Wards been playing, he looks to have refocused in the offseason and his start has been impressive.

Leafs - 170 to win 1 unit
    Leafs -1.5 @ +163 x 1 unit

The isles are playing their 5th game in 7 nights tonight and just off a big effort last night. The leafs playing their 5th in 9 nights, an easier sched to start the season and an off day yesterday coming off the beatdown in their previous game. Leafs should come out with plenty of jump tonight, they aren't a team thats overly impressed so far but they have talent and getting a team that could be in a spot to come out with heavy legs or a little flat is a chance for them to put on a show at home. DiPietros had his struggles with the leafs as well. The isles will have to at least match if not surpass the energy level the leafs bring tonight to win this one I dont know if they'll have it. I do like the make up of the isles team and see them as a money maker this year tho.

Panthers -113 to win 1 unit
    Panthers -1.5 @ +227 x 1 unit

Unlike a couple of the other games tonight I don't think the b2b here is a big deal as it's a 4th game in 8 nights and the legs should be relatively fresh for the panthers. The panthers were a very good home team last year and despite the slow start showed good things in their game yesterday and Coach Martin said he was encouraged by their effort last night as well. They played well enough to win so I have to believe some of the rust is being shaken off while the devils haven't looked impressive themselves beating only these same panthers this year, tho their road sched to start doesnt help them. This panthers team they face tonight should play better than the one they faced only a few nights ago. If Vokoun gives them a better performance in net they can start developing into the the darkhorse team that many of us had them pegged to be this past offseason. I think it starts tonight where they are most comfortable against a team that isn't playing up to it's expected level as of yet either.

GL everyone
    Last edited by flmmkrz; 10-11-2007, 01:11 PM.

GL...although I'm against you on Toronto & Florida.

Dipietro's had his struggles against the Leafs? Last year the Isles and him were 3-1 against the Leafs. Anyway...shouldn't matter as I expect Wade to be in net instead, as Dipietro has played all 4 games and they are on the b2b.

GL :beerbang:

Comment

should've read has had his struggles vs the leafs in TO, going 1-3 and a 4.42 GAA in 6 games and every site is saying DiPietro gets the nod but I haven't heard official confirmation.

Comment

Great Day, flm!! :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
          Still shocked at the egg my nuckers layed last night. On to todays games:

Sabres ml @ -195 to win 1 unit WIN + 1 unit
          Sabres -1.5 @ +145 x 1 unit WIN + 1.45 units

Battle of the winless teams, sabres are rested, deeper, at home and not playing a back to back game. I don't think the b2b is a huge issue in this match up but if I had to choose i'd rather be against the team playing the b2b then with them.

Canes +150 x 1 unit WIN + 1.5 units

Sens are red hot but 6 games in 9 nights is a tough sched and that one of them was last night getting the canes tonight who are an agressive offensive club who will put a lot of pressure on the sens back end. If their legs aren't up to the challenge, they'll get caught or take penalties. Also love the way Wards been playing, he looks to have refocused in the offseason and his start has been impressive.

Leafs - 170 to win 1 unit WIN + 1 unit
          Leafs -1.5 @ +163 x 1 unit WIN + 1.63 units

The isles are playing their 5th game in 7 nights tonight and just off a big effort last night. The leafs playing their 5th in 9 nights, an easier sched to start the season and an off day yesterday coming off the beatdown in their previous game. Leafs should come out with plenty of jump tonight, they aren't a team thats overly impressed so far but they have talent and getting a team that could be in a spot to come out with heavy legs or a little flat is a chance for them to put on a show at home. DiPietros had his struggles with the leafs as well. The isles will have to at least match if not surpass the energy level the leafs bring tonight to win this one I dont know if they'll have it. I do like the make up of the isles team and see them as a money maker this year tho.

Panthers -113 to win 1 unit WIN + 1 unit
          Panthers -1.5 @ +227 x 1 unit WIN + 2.27 units

Unlike a couple of the other games tonight I don't think the b2b here is a big deal as it's a 4th game in 8 nights and the legs should be relatively fresh for the panthers. The panthers were a very good home team last year and despite the slow start showed good things in their game yesterday and Coach Martin said he was encouraged by their effort last night as well. They played well enough to win so I have to believe some of the rust is being shaken off while the devils haven't looked impressive themselves beating only these same panthers this year, tho their road sched to start doesnt help them. This panthers team they face tonight should play better than the one they faced only a few nights ago. If Vokoun gives them a better performance in net they can start developing into the the darkhorse team that many of us had them pegged to be this past offseason. I think it starts tonight where they are most comfortable against a team that isn't playing up to it's expected level as of yet either.

GL everyone
          7-0, +9.85 units

Comment

Working...
          X