Friday Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Discussion

work has been killing me. should be good to go after tomorrow...missing the hockey discussion.

wanted to get some feedback on tomorrow's card when i had a second. looking at the following:

NYR -170....yeah, lot of juice for a team having chemistry issues, but WAS isn't going to go undefeated and i think this is a big game for NYR with OTT on deck Saturday. Lose both these and they fall 1-4 out of the gate. WAS hasn't done anything offensively so far this year either. If this were like -140 i would play it in a minute.........

COL/STL Over5 1/2........tons of weapons for COL, and STL has some decent players as well. Not sold on either goalie being a top flight goalie. Seems like a 5-3 game to me.

LAK/BOS Over5 1/2.....BOS has only 5 goals so far this season. LAK have been giving them up in bunches. LAK have averaged a pretty steady 6GPG so far.

DAL??...wow are there some numbers favoring DAL. Kipper is 0-6 w/ 3.19 GAA vs. DAL while DAL is 7-0-1 L8 at home vs. CAL and 17-3-2 L22 Home overall. Line seems fishy, though for some reason. I would have thought DAL might have been about -155 or so.

anything else anyone is looking at??
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

I was just looking over STL and the reason for that line is likely the fact that Colorado failed to score at all in their lone road game. Legace, IMO, is a good goali but this one really does look like an over game.

I think Washington might be the Pittsburgh of a year ago in terms of them getting favorable lines early in the season until Vegas realizes that they are much improved. Ovechkin and Co. can put the puck in the net, and Kolzig is a competent goalie that can stop his share of shots.

Not sure what I'm going to play yet, but those are some quick thoughts before bed.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
      I was just looking over STL and the reason for that line is likely the fact that Colorado failed to score at all in their lone road game. Legace, IMO, is a good goali but this one really does look like an over game.

I think Washington might be the Pittsburgh of a year ago in terms of them getting favorable lines early in the season until Vegas realizes that they are much improved. Ovechkin and Co. can put the puck in the net, and Kolzig is a competent goalie that can stop his share of shots.

Not sure what I'm going to play yet, but those are some quick thoughts before bed.
      I'm still not sold on Washington. Sure, they beat the Islanders the other day but with only 12 shots on goal! So far, they've been able to keep the puck out of the net but that'll end sometime...and when it does, they're in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
        I'm still not sold on Washington. Sure, they beat the Islanders the other day but with only 12 shots on goal! So far, they've been able to keep the puck out of the net but that'll end sometime...and when it does, they're in trouble.
        I agree...i personally think the line says play NYR just like it did with TOR on Thursday. Lets face it, most of the so called "public" doesn't wager on hockey let alone follow it. The people who wager on the NHL for the most part are people like us who follow the sport or handicap it. No way they set a line at +150 and hand out those odds if they think that WAS will win, knowing people would jump on that line. IMO, they are trying to inflate the NYR line to keep people off of them. But that is just my thoughts.

I also find the CAL line a little strange. DAL is 7-0-1 L8 at home vs. CAL, they are 17-2-3 L22 at home and Kipper has an 0-6-0 record vs. DAL w/3.20 GAA. And CAL is winless and sucks early on in the season and sucks on the road....DAL is awesome at home and is playing good hockey.............................and the line is CAL +115?????

so let me get this straight, i only get +115 for CAL who is winless, but i can get +150 for WAS who is undefeated??? I think the CAL line says to play CAL.

anyone else see it this way. I know Flmrrz and i had that EDM/SAN line the same way in the opener as being fishy and sure enought EDM won the game. SAN was only like -130 and we were both scratching our heads and saying that should have been like -155 or so. I get that same feeling with the NYR and CAL lines.

Comment

Theodore is in net for COL on Friday. Man do i like that Over now.....

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
            I agree...i personally think the line says play NYR just like it did with TOR on Thursday. Lets face it, most of the so called "public" doesn't wager on hockey let alone follow it. The people who wager on the NHL for the most part are people like us who follow the sport or handicap it. No way they set a line at +150 and hand out those odds if they think that WAS will win, knowing people would jump on that line. IMO, they are trying to inflate the NYR line to keep people off of them. But that is just my thoughts.
            I wasn't saying that they were trying to trick the public, I meant that I think Vegas is misreading Washington this year and it may take them a little while to adjust their lines. I still think Washington will be very much improved this year.

Comment

ff...

i was thinking the same thing about the calgary game, I personally dont think Dallas is that good of a team, i am just shocked how bad Calgary has been playing so far and it looks like Iron Mike is already getting frustrated up there, I think Calgary pulls it out but I doubt I will play it....

The game I like tonight is STL and NYR....I have been riding STL almost every night this season, they have a pretty nice team and have been playing pretty well together, and they are well coached and I think they shold pull out the home win....I like NYR as well, b ut the thing that scares me about them is that they havent really been gelling early on this season...0 PP goals in the first 3 games is pretty bad as well, but I dont think WAS is as good as advertised and with the way the Atlantic has looked with PHI,NYI, PIT, and NJ...the rangers cant fall into an early hole
              To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
              2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

I was kind of thinking Calgary tonight. This is supposed to be a playoff caliber team, WTF? Where are all their top forwards? Iginla...hello, the season has started! Still not sold on the Dallas forwards...and FF is right on, the line does seem a little weird, which might mean a play...but that whole Flames/Road, Dallas/Home thing scares me.

Love that over as well, FF...going to tail you on that....was thinking Colorado originally, but not with Theodore...getting that Over in early.

Was also looking at the Kings...Boston bites, and are playing their 4th road game in a row....thinking the Kings get it done at home. Bernier is back in net...and I really like that kid. Top forward, Savard, and #1 goalie Fernandez are also battling injuries for the Beantowners.

Staying away from NYR...no way I can back that team at that price from what I've seen....they kind of remind me of the NYR teams of a few years ago....lots of names, no chemistry....I think (and hope) that they might actually be a playoff bubble team this year, and a goaltending injury away from missing the dance altogether.

Congrats Mats...Alltime Leafs Points Leader
                Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-12-2007, 09:04 AM.

Comment

JML ....

I want to make a bet on the Boston-LA KIngs game, but the bet is that no one cares about this game because these might be the 2 worst teams in the league lol, I have been trying to avoid betting games like this cause u never know whats going to happen when crap meets crap.........

yea i agree with you on NYR and I would love to see that happen....I have a bunch of Rangers fans and before the season started when they signed Drury and Gomez, my buddy was like the cup is heading back to New York, and I told him Gomez was the most overpaid player and they were going to bow out early so I hope it happens....

and on your leafs, i dont think there is more of an enigma of a team then ur Leafs...one night they look like they might be the worst team in the NHL and then they come out and beat the pants off a good team, I am going to keep away from betting them until I see some sort of consistent trends out of this team...
                  To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                  2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                    JML ....

I want to make a bet on the Boston-LA KIngs game, but the bet is that no one cares about this game because these might be the 2 worst teams in the league lol, I have been trying to avoid betting games like this cause u never know whats going to happen when crap meets crap.........

yea i agree with you on NYR and I would love to see that happen....I have a bunch of Rangers fans and before the season started when they signed Drury and Gomez, my buddy was like the cup is heading back to New York, and I told him Gomez was the most overpaid player and they were going to bow out early so I hope it happens....

and on your leafs, i dont think there is more of an enigma of a team then ur Leafs...one night they look like they might be the worst team in the NHL and then they come out and beat the pants off a good team, I am going to keep away from betting them until I see some sort of consistent trends out of this team...
                    PF...I agree....Boston/LA...who gives a ****....I just think with Boston's long road trip, their injuries, and the superior front-line scoring of LA gives the Kings a win tonight.

Gomez is one of the most overrated players in the league. I mean the guy scored 13 goals last year...I think we might find out that he was more of a system player. I wouldn't have signed him for more than 3.5 per year.

Leafs have been that way for years...very frustrating...

Comment

just keep coming back to CAL as a really fishy line. just posted some more comments on it in my thread, but wow......when you take everything into consideration...the records head to head in DAL, Kipper's struggles vs. DAL, CAL early season struggles every year, CAL being winless, DAL playing well at home, CAL always a bad road team....you string all that together and all i am getting for CAL is +115????? maybe i am overthinking this but man is that line fishy to me. reminds me of EDM/SAN in the opener.....and EDM won that one as a small dog at home.....

Comment

Working...
                      X