X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL playoff monday with flmmkrz

Duckies -112 to win 1 unit
    Duckies -1.5 @ +245 x .5 unit

There is a lack of respect for this ducks team which is odd for the cup winners of last year and the result vs a motivated wild squad last night only helped this line along along with the quick start of the wings. The wings barely squeaked out a win vs a road weary ducks team during their own home opener and have 2 losses to the hawks and 3 wins aside from the ducks win over 3 teams that aren't particularily strong. The wings haven't come out and blown me away with their play and certainly are getting too much respect from the betting public in this spot. The ducks played well enough to win in Detroit in the wings season opener and I would expect them to exceed that play here in Anaheim. I also expect a similar effort out of the ducks that they gave last night where they outplayed the wild but to come thru with some more finish. The wings will be playing their 3rd in 4 nights tonight and may not match the fresher home legs in this one. Jiggy didn't have to face much last night but was solid enough and having that game under his belt helps in that we know he isn't going to need to shake off any excess rust. 2 teams that on paper are pretty closely matched so I think the home ice edge means that much more in these match ups, it's costing me very little to get them so it's a no brainer for me to take the ducks. If I find out later that Bryzgalov gets the starting nod instea of jiggy I'll bail on this play.

Sabres -155 to win 1 unit
    Sabres -1.5 @ +165 x.5 unit

This line has moved against the public and probably with good reason as the leafs played the sabres tough last year in buffalo and they are improved while the sabres are weaker on paper and are playing back up Thibault. I could see there being value on the leafs at the open but at current the value for me is on the sabres. Buffalos defense isn't the most reliable back end but neither is the leafs. Thibault is a downgrade when compared to Miller but when compared to Raycroft I think he's a comparable. Offensively the edge is to the sabres. Home ice advantage to the sabres. The sabres pp is clicking while the leafs is sputtering, neither team is anything special on pk yet the leafs are taking the most penalties in the league thus far so I would lean special teams edge to the sabres as well. The leafs may take some games from this series but overall the sabres will win this season series imo so at this price i'll take the sabres and make the note that if this one loses I'm doubling up on the sabres on November 9th when these guys dance again.

GL everyone
    Last edited by flmmkrz; 10-15-2007, 02:09 PM.

lmao I just out of habit start typing in my titles and the autofill in thing will bring up the rest of the title and I just go to the day, I must've scrolled to far and hit the playoffs title. It of course is just nhl monday

Comment

gl flmmr....wit ya on the sabres, laying off the ducks game tonight
      To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
      2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

GL, must win for the Ducks down 2-0 in the series, LMAO :beerbang:

Comment

Vancouver -110 to win 1 unit
          Vancouver -1.5 @ +245 x .5 unit

going to dinner in a bit and then will be in the 2nd row behind the canucks bench tonight so couldnt wait this line out anymore. In the end went agains the 4 in 6 nights worry and took the hotter team.

Comment

flmmkrz,

Does the math work out putting bets both on the moneyline as well as the -1.5?
            I haven't done that before with Hockey.
            Do you do that on every play? If so why?

valen

Comment

how many nights in a row are we going to get f'cked by the ducks.......
              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                how many nights in a row are we going to get f'cked by the ducks.......
                thankfully only the one time

Comment

Originally posted by valen View Post
                  flmmkrz,

Does the math work out putting bets both on the moneyline as well as the -1.5?
                  I haven't done that before with Hockey.
                  Do you do that on every play? If so why?

valen
                  honestly I haven't done the math on it im just playing with it now to see how it works and I'll tweak it as I go. I don't play alternative puck lines or +1.5 on dogs, otherwise I have been taking the -1.5 on faves.

Comment

Stupid stupid call on the canucks last night, all yesterday I kept telling myself 4 in 6, they're gonna come out flat late against a tough team but my homer side coupled with a couple cappers I respect coming out on the canucks side made me re think my position and my homer side forced a play that I didn't need to make. You'd think i'd learn that lesson eventually.

anyway:

Van -1.1 units
                    Van -.5 units

Ducks + 1 unit
                    Ducks +1.225

Sabres + 1 unit
                    Sabres -.5 units

overall 3-3, + 1.125 units

Comment

Yeah...you have to keep your homerism in check...it seems you bet your teams every time, regardless...not smart in the long run.

Keep 'er going....nice work so far!
                      I'm laying low for a while....

GL :thumbs:

Comment

lol I wouldn't say everytime but I will admit that I can get easily persuaded to back them on days im thinking I shouldnt like yesterday. I do it with the seahawks as well. At least I'm aware of the problem now and I got all you guys to help keep me in check

Comment

lol flmmr i do the same thing....despite what i post i play my flyers every night lol
                          To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                          2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Working...
                          X