Ang's NHL <<Thursday>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ang's NHL <<Thursday>>

Took yesterday off so I could make a bunch of plays today!

NY Islanders +134, 2 units
    NY Rangers -113, 2 units
    Toronto -122, 2 units
    Flyers/Devils Over 5.5 +106, 2 units
    Montreal +1.5 -153, 2 units
    Calgary -1 -122, 2 units
    Detroit +129, 2 units

Man, is that Rangers line fishy or what??

GL everyone!

GL Ang, the line on the NYR scared me away :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
      I think the line is low because team's usually respond well in the first game after firing a coach. But the talent difference between the two team's is enough for me to take a shot...

Comment

I agree...that NY line is more fishy than a Cape Breton Whorehouse...

GL....agree with ALL your plays except Detroit....GL ANG!! :beerbang: :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
          Don't be scared...vegas will **** up on NHL & CFL lines from time to time IMO, as they really don't have much cash coming in on the games, and therefore don't put as much resoources into the lines....and this is one of those times...the talent difference between the NY forwards and ATL's paper-thin defence is STAGGERING.

Ang could be right....coaching change (although I would say it hurts the team), but I think is is simple...NY hasn't looked all that great so far this year....but I think it is more because of quality of opposition as opposed to lack of talent or cohesion.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
            Don't be scared...vegas will **** up on NHL & CFL lines from time to time IMO, as they really don't have much cash coming in on the games, and therefore don't put as much resoources into the lines....and this is one of those times...the talent difference between the NY forwards and ATL's paper-thin defence is STAGGERING.

Ang could be right....coaching change (although I would say it hurts the team), but I think is is simple...NY hasn't looked all that great so far this year....but I think it is more because of quality of opposition as opposed to lack of talent or cohesion.
            here's what i don't like about the situation to play NYR. This is the first game under new coach which is traditionally a lift no matter what. Second, this is the last home game before a 7 game road trip for ATL. And 3rd they are winless....lets face it, in the NHL teams that suck beat good teams no matter who they are. I agree on the talent gap, but if you just handicap on the talent gap, you would never end up on a dog in this sport. You would have DET on your card 82 times. I am still debating a small ATL play. I have been pretty right on with these deals so far this year, and i just think this line begs you to play NYR. They don't give money away in Vegas. And i don't care how small the hockey pool, there are still a lot of guys in vegas who are "sharps" that bet hockey and they aren't going to basically set a line at close to even and give away a bunch of money. Vegas watches the games and the funny lines more times than not aren't so funny after the game (see CAL over DAL, NYR over WAS, LAK over MIN)....etc.....GL! if you play it
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
              I agree on the talent gap, but if you just handicap on the talent gap, you would never end up on a dog in this sport. You would have DET on your card 82 times.
              No you wouldn't be on Detroit 82 times, beacuse usually a talent gap like this is -200, making it a no-play... not -113....at that price it is a must play for me, fishy or not. from what I've seen...ATL's defence could be the worst group the HL has seen thepast 5 or 6 years. They lost too much, and didn't upgrade anything...and NY is just waiting to break out...what better time??

I agree with everything you say, but I gotta go with what I think is the right play in that one. I'll believe your Atlanta play when I see your hard earned cash down on it. lol.

now I expect Stifler to make an apprearance in pucks and play the thrashers. lol!

Gl FF....good insight :thumbs:

:beerbang:

Comment

JML - just curious - do you subscribe to any kind of tv service that allows you to watch all the games? If you do, I'd like to hear what you think of it. I travel for work, so I'm thinking it wouldn't be worthwhile for me. I have to check scores from hotels in the morning.

Also, what do you think of the o/u lines for periods (i.e. o/u 1.5)?
                If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
                What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                  No you wouldn't be on Detroit 82 times, beacuse usually a talent gap like this is -200, making it a no-play... not -113....at that price it is a must play for me, fishy or not. from what I've seen...ATL's defence could be the worst group the HL has seen thepast 5 or 6 years. They lost too much, and didn't upgrade anything...and NY is just waiting to break out...what better time??

I agree with everything you say, but I gotta go with what I think is the right play in that one. I'll believe your Atlanta play when I see your hard earned cash down on it. lol.

now I expect Stifler to make an apprearance in pucks and play the thrashers. lol!

Gl FF....good insight :thumbs:

:beerbang:
                  JML- i never said i was on it YET, but it is ATL or nothing in this one. And i have actually been eyeing ATL since last night in flmrrz thread. I agree on ATL defense. One thing i heard that was great insight yesterday on XM was that Hartley was a beat 'em up forecheck'em guy. This team is a bunch of 5'10 175 pound little guys especially the youngsters and they are built as a puck possession team. They are going to start playing more puck p hockey. Also, Hartely had all but wrecked Lehtinen. The GM is jumping behind the bench and i think you will see a different style of play out of ATL in the future. Are they a playoff team, no way. does their D stink, of course. Are they going to go winless, heck no. Personally, i thought this line would come about NYR -145 and i would get a decent take back with ATL, which im not getting because the line is so short. Which tells me something, IMO. And it is a little disappointing to be honest only to get like +110 with ATL tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by NevadaJay View Post
                    JML - just curious - do you subscribe to any kind of tv service that allows you to watch all the games? If you do, I'd like to hear what you think of it. I travel for work, so I'm thinking it wouldn't be worthwhile for me. I have to check scores from hotels in the morning.

Also, what do you think of the o/u lines for periods (i.e. o/u 1.5)?
                    NHL Center Ice Package for 149.00 for the whole year and the first 3 rounds of the playoffs....it is definitely worth it. :thumbs:

Comment

JML- i never said i was on it YET, but it is ATL or nothing in this one. And i have actually been eyeing ATL since last night in flmrrz thread. I agree on ATL defense. One thing i heard that was great insight yesterday on XM was that Hartley was a beat 'em up forecheck'em guy. This team is a bunch of 5'10 175 pound little guys especially the youngsters and they are built as a puck possession team. They are going to start playing more puck p hockey. Also, Hartely had all but wrecked Lehtinen. The GM is jumping behind the bench and i think you will see a different style of play out of ATL in the future. Are they a playoff team, no way. does their D stink, of course. Are they going to go winless, heck no. Personally, i thought this line would come about NYR -145 and i would get a decent take back with ATL, which im not getting because the line is so short. Which tells me something, IMO. And it is a little disappointing to be honest only to get like +110 with ATL tonight.
                      which is why I left the game alone. ATL may well pull it out but at +110 is it really worth the risk. A new bench boss is great and all but can he make a philosophical and strategical change this quickly. This is still the same bunch of losers who were pullin an 0fer so far so I wanted to see more value to bring me on. At the same time its almost begging you to play the rangers so i'd rather just sit it out. No matter what side I would play on I would feel stupid at the end if I were on the wrong side. I mean if the rangers win and I was on atl I would think why would I bet on this bad atlanta team, if I bet the rangers and atlanta won i'd be thinking I got taken by the line.

Comment

GL tonight Ang

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
                          which is why I left the game alone. ATL may well pull it out but at +110 is it really worth the risk. A new bench boss is great and all but can he make a philosophical and strategical change this quickly. This is still the same bunch of losers who were pullin an 0fer so far so I wanted to see more value to bring me on. At the same time its almost begging you to play the rangers so i'd rather just sit it out. No matter what side I would play on I would feel stupid at the end if I were on the wrong side. I mean if the rangers win and I was on atl I would think why would I bet on this bad atlanta team, if I bet the rangers and atlanta won i'd be thinking I got taken by the line.
                          that's pretty much my thinking and it's why i haven't been able to pull the trigger on ATL...no value worth the risk of taking what has been an awful team so far. but i sure wouldn't land on the NYR either....JMO....

Comment

NHL Center Ice Package for 149.00 for the whole year and the first 3 rounds of the playoffs....it is definitely worth it. :thumbs:
                            Cool - thanks FF. I just wish I wasn't on the road so much. I love the NHL - surprised about all the news recently about the failing NHL (i.e. Detroit not selling out for the first time, etc.) that the media puts out there. Not sure why it's criticized so much.

Guys who are into football should love hockey...hell, in hockey, they let 'em beat the sh** out of each other. Football, they suspend and fine the guy.

I'm a big Bougaard fan - he is one tough OB.

Anyway, thanks again for the info.
                            If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
                            What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

2-0 Thrashers early...you were right, FF! lmao.

I have another bad night tonight, and I just might stick to the NFL & CFL. :bang:

:beer2:

Comment

Working...
                              X