Friday Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Discussion

wanted to get some thoughts on the COL/CHI game.......

CHI just can't put the puck in the net. But every game but 1 this season (except last one....5 of 6) have been 1 goal games. COL has been really crappy on the road and defensively. They are averaging 4GA on the road and haven't scored a PP goal in either game. CHI is one of the stingiest defensive teams in the league and if ever there was a team to get healthy on offensively, it might be at home vs. COL. You are getting + money on the CHI. COL is 11-3-1 vs. CHI L14 but that was over some really really bad CHI teams. I am debating playing either CHI or CHI +1 1/2. For some reason can't pull the trigger and i think it is due to CHI complete lack of offense this year.

anyone see any value in taking BUF as a fat favorite. I just don't think CBJ is good enough to walk into BUF who has been playing well and steal a W. This is also the last home game before a long roadie for BUF. I would think these 2 points would mean a lot to them. And they are certainly the more talented club here. I almost may lay the 1 1/2 here with BUF.

PIT -135.................CAR has been off for 6 days. PIT has defensive issues. Not sure what to make of this one, though, i lean to fading CAR in these B2B games vs. PIT and PHI on the road (ie take PIT, if they lose double up on PHI). If CAR can beat OTT, MON, PIT and PHI on the road in succession, they are the cup favorites in the east as far as i am concerned.

VAN/LAK...probably a good over play but im not touching totals.....
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

only play caught my attention for tomorrow is buff and with my local ill be forced to lay the -1.5 pucks :bang: but i still like it at -1.5 :beerbang:
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by dananderson32 View Post
      only play caught my attention for tomorrow is buff and with my local ill be forced to lay the -1.5 pucks :bang: but i still like it at -1.5 :beerbang:

i think it is a good spot for BUF tomorrow......CBJ have been outscored 8-3 so far on the road...BUF has outscored opponents 18-7 L3 home games......i am looking for a 5-2 type game.....

Comment

Can I just throw something in from Thursday real quick before I turn to Friday? I guess Thursday was the day to get grossly out-shot and win:

Edmonton 18 shots 4 goals
        Phoenix 41 shots 2 goals

Philly 18 shots 4 goals
        NJ 38 shots 0 goals

Islanders 21 shots 5 goals
        Capitals 29 shots 2 goals

Rangers 36 shots 3 goals
        Atlanta 28 shots 5 goals

Tampa Bay 36 shots 1 goal
        Boston 24 shots 4 goals

That just seems somewhat odd to me.

But on the CAR/PIT game, I think Pittsburgh will be looking for revenge from their loss in the first game of the season, but I can't trust them fully until they play something that resembles defense. -140 is a good price here, though, and I think they should be able to get at least 3-4 past Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
          Can I just throw something in from Thursday real quick before I turn to Friday? I guess Thursday was the day to get grossly out-shot and win:

Edmonton 18 shots 4 goals
          Phoenix 41 shots 2 goals

Philly 18 shots 4 goals
          NJ 38 shots 0 goals

Islanders 21 shots 5 goals
          Capitals 29 shots 2 goals

Rangers 36 shots 3 goals
          Atlanta 28 shots 5 goals

Tampa Bay 36 shots 1 goal
          Boston 24 shots 4 goals

That just seems somewhat odd to me.

But on the CAR/PIT game, I think Pittsburgh will be looking for revenge from their loss in the first game of the season, but I can't trust them fully until they play something that resembles defense. -140 is a good price here, though, and I think they should be able to get at least 3-4 past Ward.
          A good goaltender can make all the difference. Rolie was insanely good tonight. :thumbs:

The Oil did not deserve to win that one...

Comment

Ugly games friday. Buffalo's prob the only game I like but the line is disgusting (-215) for me.. i just dont think its worth it. If I do make the bet it will be a last minute thing for sure.

Buffalo is fresh off a 4 day rest and columbus is coming off a tight win.

COLUMBUS is 5-2 against the spread versus BUFFALO since 1996 but these teams don't play each other often so that probably won't be a factor.

I guess i'll wait to see what you guys have to say about it.

The one thing i can tell you is that it won't be a big bet... 0.5 to 1 UNIT at the most.

For the Car/Pit game I'm actually favouring the Hurricanes.. Fleury is shaky... Pits defenitly made a mistake not sending him down. In my opinion it F**ked up his development... Every pits game seems to rely on "the crosbey show" so I'm hoping stall can have a big night. My line is at (+118) but i got a feeling its going to go up, so i'll wait till tomorrow morning or afternoon to make the bet. I'm guessing I'll lay 1 Unit nothing special.

So I'll take a risk and go with the HURRICANES on friday.

Comment

Good point Nittny...I actually watched part of that NYR game, and the Rangers were all over Atlanta, but the goalie stood on his head....NY really shoulda won that game. And Edmonton shold have lost too...

Comment

Buffalo, Colorado & Pittsburgh tonight for sure....BUT...waiting to lay 10 units on TB on Saturday! :beer2:

Comment

PF, I'd like to respectfully disagree about your assessment on Fleury. He was sent down early in his career and was handled properly IMO. I will go as far as to say he will be a top 5 tender for the majority of his career, but that will be once he leaves Pittsburgh. The kid was 40-16 last year with a 2.83 GAA, that's pretty damn good. The defense we have is an absolute abomination, though.

Comment

Yeah really...sending him down is not an option...he's a NHL guy now, sending him down would essentially cut ties with that player, and you'd have to trade him.

He'll be OK...it's early...

Comment

Looks like Theodore in net for the Avs tonight...

Comment

JML- if you want to know why TOR came back and won last night....scan through my thread....:beerbang: ......

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                          Looks like Theodore in net for the Avs tonight...
                          i like CHI, CHI +1 or CHI +1 1/2......call me crazy....especially off of a bad performance wednesday......

Comment

wow....i am vowing not to play stuff over about -130 to -140 because losing a -210 game just wrecks the wallet....but dang am i tempted to play BUF today. CBJ coming off an OT game which they lost, they are not the same team on the road as they are at home and BUF leaving for a good size roadie after this one. Just think they get it done....i may sack up and play the -1 1/2......

from a handicapping angle, anyone see a reason why they wouldn't want BUF?? (other than the juice which is a personal decision not a handicap of the game).

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                              JML- if you want to know why TOR came back and won last night....scan through my thread....:beerbang: ......
                              Went to the bar down the street to watch the third. 4 big screens, and about 80 people. Place went nuts went Antropov scored. I think the Sox game was on in the corner in the back somewhere. lol. And I don't remember overhearing any talk about some Southern Florida University. lol.

Great comeback! :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X