Big E Done >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big E Done >>>

Eric Lindros announces his retirement. I know FF will rail him, but his early years in Philly were pretty exciting...a dominant player with offensvie skills, and a solid bodychecker. He was something else to watch in the 90s. Injuries were his downfall, but his style of play was a part of that much like Cam Neely and Wendel Clark...it's tough to have a long career when you play that kind of game.

Interesting fact...he is top 15 all time in Points per game.

Cheers 88 :beerbang:

no, not going to rail him. He was the human concussion but he was really good in his early years in PHI. still not worth all they gave up to get him. Would rather have had forspussy for all those years AND all the picks. LMFAO...you just like him because he was all Mr. Canada as a junior...lol
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
      no, not going to rail him. He was the human concussion but he was really good in his early years in PHI. still not worth all they gave up to get him. Would rather have had forspussy for all those years AND all the picks. LMFAO...you just like him because he was all Mr. Canada as a junior...lol
      Yeah...hindsight is 20/20....forsberg was an unknown.....Lindros was the "next one"....any GM would have gave up just as much at the time.....and he brought alot of money, and hype into that organization, even if he couldn't win the big one. I remember getting excited every time I saw him play in those early years...

I wonder what Scott Stevens will think when he reads the announcement over an ESPN ticker tonight.....lol..."I did that"....

PS...hope everythings cool with the family and friends with that crazy **** going on around you, Matt...
      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-24-2007, 08:21 PM.

Comment

JML- thanks for the thoughts. Winds died down around here late yesterday and all 3 fires right around me are pretty much contained. They "only" lost about 20 structures in my area, but one guy died trying to hose his house down with a garden hose. It is really surreal and just insane...seeing planes and copters going right over your place picking up water and seeing streams of fire equipment pouring down the freeways and then around the fires. SoCal is just surrounded by mountains on all sides and even throughout the whole area. It has just grown so much it has pushed a lot of people out in the sticks where they can afford to live. Unfortunately they build in canyons etc..because that is the topography that dominates socal. Even areas like Malibu that are on the beach sit at the base of mountains. It is an unfortunate part of living here and a reality.
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Crazy.
          I know the area pretty well. My good friend lived in San Clemente and my parents lived in Laguna for 8 years, so I used to drive that PCH from LA to San Diego a few times when I was younger. Remember that crazy landslide a few years back...late 90s?

Comment

Lindros = :puke:
            NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
            NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
            NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
            NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Working...
            X