Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL thursday with flmmkrz

Canes -1.5 @ + 123 x 1 unit

As far as spots go, this ones a good one for the canes. Bolts are a pathetic 0-7 on the road this year, they've lost Danny Boyle for the year, and its 3 in 4 nights (also 4 in 6) for them. Both of these teams have good pp's and weaker pk's but the bolts are the more undisciplined squad and playing this condensed sched should mean a lack of jump and some extra pp looks for the canes. Canes are a good home team, rested, have the better depth on offense, defense and boast the better tender. I'll take my chances that the canes have enough of an edge to win this one by more than 1.

Devils ml @ - 135 to win 1 unit

3 in 4 nights against teams the flyers consider rivals. That kind of sched takes its toll not just physically but emotionally. Potential is there for the flyers to come up flat in this one. They lost to the rangers but were very much in that game, dominated by pitt last year im sure that was a must win for them now to go into jersey, granted its a new building but its still not a team that's treated them well in jersey. This isn't a ringing endorsement of the devils by any means but more a fade of the flyers in this spot. Tough spot emotionally, physically, throw in the extended road trip and it has all the makings of a loss so i'll ride the home team here and eat a bit of chalk to do it.

Rangers -.5 in reg @ -101 to win 1 unit

2 teams playing variations of the 3 in 4. Rangers got the night off while the pens played last night and as we've been informed have had some troubles with rest and flights. Pitt looked flat last night and have been struggling period, now they are back out on the road into msg where the rangers have been very good this year only to find a rangers team playing its best hockey of the year as a team. As always nothings for sure in this game but it is a favorable spot for the rangers so Im going to take the shot.

Habs - 109 to win 1 unit

Whats not to like here for the habs, they are playing good team hockey are rested and traditionally the first game of a roadie is a strong spot for a road team. Meanwhile the Bruins are having issues scoring, playing in a b2b spot here after a tough game last night. Bruins have lost 4 of their last 5 and while they got points in their last couple are definitely struggling. Sounds like Price will be getting the nod and he's been very solid in the pipes for the habs so its not much of a downgrade. Thomas has been stellar for the B's but his pace is not one I can see being maintained and this looks like a spot for the habs to run up the score a bit. B's will continue to trap but the habs can push the pace and if the b's dont match the energy they have to face a top rated pp countering with a bad pk. Had to take the habs on the cheap here.

Was initially leaning canucks but leaning towards buying this play out now that Phaneuf is probable. Liked our chances more with him out of the game. Should be a good game regardless. Will post when I decide what Im going to do with this game.

flmrrz- GL!...thanks for the rewrite of my PHI writeup...lol....good to see you have the same thoughts...thought you might have been playing the CAL/VAN game...i liked CAL in that one and still may play it. Any thoughts? GL!....
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
      flmrrz- GL!...thanks for the rewrite of my PHI writeup...lol....good to see you have the same thoughts...thought you might have been playing the CAL/VAN game...i liked CAL in that one and still may play it. Any thoughts? GL!....
      lol, what can I say, we had the exact same thoughts on it so I thought about cutting and pasting your writeup but went with my own and realized it sounded the same anyway so it didnt matter :laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
        lol, what can I say, we had the exact same thoughts on it so I thought about cutting and pasting your writeup but went with my own and realized it sounded the same anyway so it didnt matter :laughing:
        lol.....:beerbang: ......

Comment

small tail on MON tonight......GL!...

Comment

2-0......lets hope that holds up over the last 1/2 of the game....

Comment

:thumbs: ....thx!...picked up a cheap unit....and good call on VAN....CAL getting drilled tonight.....that is what scared me...i don't think they like Keenan and i think they are letting everyone know that. Tanguay reportedly wants out because he can't stand him and they had been exploring a trade with him to MIN......CAL has done a great job getting to the level they are at and they just can't get over that next hump, and Keenan has sent them reeling the other way, IMO. You don't show up and the first thing you do is call out your franchise player and your yearly vezina finalist during the first week of the season....what an ass.....

Comment

Great night all around. Just the canes losers for me tonight and my nuckers tho I didnt bet it come up as winners.

3-1, + 2 units

Comment

Working...
                X