NHLRS Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHLRS Friday

i hope this team doesn't put the stank on the streak but....

TOR +130.................my first thought on this line was i love TOR, but i can't play it because TOR always buries me no matter what (whether i play on or against them). But TOR gets back McCabe and Tucker tonight which as to be a huge psychological lift if anything (i still think McCabe is a joke on defense). And with Wellwood back, it should give TOR some help in their line combos. And BUF is missing Mair and Connolly still and hasn't put the puck in the net with any regularity whatsoever. I think there is tons of value in this line at +130, but with that being said, TOR will probably screw me again like they always do.......:puke:

close to pulling the trigger on FLA. I really want to play COL, as VAN is due for a clunker. I have no idea what to make of the STL/CHI game. That thing is literally a coin flip. CHI has been all over the map this year and so has STL...teams have split their L2. I don't know how anyone could play a side in that one. Same with the ANA/SAN matchup. If you can tell me which one of those 2 disappointments is going to show up tonight, you should go to vegas or play the lottery.

GL to everyone!
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

lol...we're doomed....

GL! :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
      lol...we're doomed....

GL! :beerbang:
      :puke: :puke: ....im like charlie brown trying to kick the football with TOR...i keep saying, no way they let me down this time and then....aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....splat....:puke:

Comment

Prudential Center

BLOWN AWAY

I was absolutely 100% blown away at how ******* incredibly nice that place is. We sat in the last row and the seats were still great (we moved after 10 minutes obviously). It is soooooo nice and spacious and clean with all kinds of food, bars, Devils history, local hockey stuff, some Seton Hall hoops stuff, and the workers there are so friendly it almost makes you sick.

I could not have been more impressed. The only complaint, and rightfully so, is that the cheap seats - $25 upstairs are too small. It has got to be the best half empty arena in the world to see a hockey game though. It's incredible.

As for Newark, the arena is in the business district so it's very safe. They have cops ALL OVER the place and the walk from the train station to the arena is only 3 blocks and it's the nicest part of town. I don't know about driving in (because the rest of Newark is a ****hole) , but as long as you stay in the area from the train station to the arena - there is nothing to worry about it seems. Now, if you get drunk and walk two blocks the wrong way after the game, welllll..........

Comment

Cool, Cuse...good to hear. During the Leafs game there last week...they showed all the history stuff in the walkways, etc...and that was a great idea. I like the one mural of all the past/present greats from the Devils, all on the same bench, interacted throughout history....very cool...

Comment

...and what a dream to not only to be able to get INTO an NHL game for under $300...but to actually move to better seating, LMAO! I wish. I do that at Jays game with a half-full stadium...buy the $15 seats...and move to the $100 ones....but f'ing Leaf games have been sold out for 50 years, and scalpers know it....

Probably going to a Bruins/Leafs game later this year in Boston...have a frIend that lives there, and with the flight...it's actually cheaper to see them play there! LOL.

Comment

what bet should i tail on?
              NHL Betting 09-10
              18-21 (+0.35 units)

Comment

Originally posted by AllanYork View Post
                :dunno: ...he only has one play on the board, so my guess would be that one...lol...

Comment

Originally posted by AllanYork View Post
                  the PHI/NJD game yesterday was the best play all week...but considering that is no longer an option i would say today is a tricky card. 2 games where you couldn't pick a winner other than guessing (SAN/ANA, STL/CHI), 1 monster favorite who should win but that is way too much juice....which leaves FLA, TOR and COL, IMO. TOR is the best play based on a combination of value and chance of winning, but TOR is also best known to lay an egg when you think they won't. So i would say play either TOR or COL, but i don't like either of those nearly as much as i have some other plays this week. Honestly that NJD play yesterday was about the easiest play in 2 weeks based on PHI situation. GL! whatever you play.....:thumbs:

Cuse- i have never seen an arena where entire SECTIONS were empty down low....i mean if you can't fill that thing for a Thursday night game between PHI and NJD, i don't know when you're ever going to fill it up. But it looked sweet on TV last year when they were showing the place and what it was supposed to look like. Did you check out that Restaurant/Bar thing they have that looks huge on TV? That looked pretty cool....looked like a VIP type thing, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                    1 monster favorite who should win but that is way too much juice
                    :nono:

Comment

JML- come on...lol......there really is no reason to play that game....no way you lay with DET and so you take the +180 with CBJ and hope they win against one of the best home teams and one of the hottest teams in the league. Not worth a play. I have never understood the notion of playing a game just because it is a great "value". So what, IMO....the only way CBJ wins that game is if DET is flat and who can predict that. Can CBJ win, yes...is it worth shelling out units to see, no IMO. Now a game like TOR where there is line value AND the team has as good or better chance of winning is another story.
                      Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-09-2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Cuse- i have never seen an arena where entire SECTIONS were empty down low....i mean if you can't fill that thing for a Thursday night game between PHI and NJD, i don't know when you're ever going to fill it up. But it looked sweet on TV last year when they were showing the place and what it was supposed to look like. Did you check out that Restaurant/Bar thing they have that looks huge on TV? That looked pretty cool....looked like a VIP type thing, though.
                        Yea, it was pretty empty. I would guess 10-11K. They list 15+ but that was definitely not the case. The seats upstairs were pretty much filled and the and the upper levels of the two ends were filled too (especially the side the Devils shoot at twice). The tix for the first 5 rows of the second tier ends ice seats are like $65 while the other tickets from row 6 up are $35 I think so NO ONE was sitting int hose $65 seats. Down lower too was definitely not crowded, especially the end the Devils shoot at only once. The luxury boxes were completely empty, the lights were turned off in over 3/4 of them too. Such a waste of space even though they are sold out I'm sure.

As for the bars, opening night my buddy and his friend got into them by sneaking in, but last night there was no getting anywhere. You need a platinum or gold club ticket to get in and they check the tickets before stairwells leading up to the levels so you can't even sneak into them really. They had cool bars in there though, all with buffets.

The bets part about it I felt is the openness of it. If you run to get a beer you can still almost see the game it's so wide open, plus there are flat screen TV's everywhere you can imagine. Some places (like the ends) you can see the game. In some spots too they have tables attached to the ends of the seating levels where you can buy tickets and four guys can sit at a table and watch the game (kinda like Fenway in upper right field level) or something you would see at Jacobs Field or PetCo or something... The practice arena is in the building too and you can watch them practice through windows from the street if you wanted to.

I've said it many times, they will NEVER draw full houses for Devils games (unless it's the Rangers, which I'm going to next Wednesday, because they pack the house). There are 9 North Jersey/NYC/So. Conn metropolitan area teams and the Devils are 8th at best - with the Nets) fandom-wise. No one cares or talks about hockey here unless maybe the Rangers get to the Eastern Conference Finals and further. Hockey is a niche sport now, face it.
                        Last edited by CuseFan10; 11-09-2007, 12:05 PM.

Comment

JML- come on...lol......there really is no reason to play that game....no way you lay with DET and so you take the +180 with CBJ and hope they win against one of the best home teams and one of the hottest teams in the league. Not worth a play. I have never understood the notion of playing a game just because it is a great "value". So what, IMO....the only way CBJ wins that game is if DET is flat and who can predict that. Can CBJ win, yes...is it worth shelling out units to see, no IMO. Now a game like TOR where there is line value AND the team has as good or better chance of winning is another story.
                          lol....yeah I know...but does that mean you never fade Detroit all year? ....there are some spots where they might be over-valued, and this is one IMO.....Detroit looked flat against a tired Nashville team last game and scraped out a close win against a bad team....I also don't think Detroit coming out flat is the only way they lose....Leclaire has shown he can steal games...with 5 shut outs already this year...CLB has a goaltending advantage in this one....don't trust Hasek at all this year...he's been awful, looks old, and is coming off a long break, whereas Leclaire has probably been the best goaltender in the whole league....definitely worth a play in this spot IMO...I really don't think Detroit will go 41-1 at home this year, so I'll hope the hotter goalie wins this one....wish me luck! lol

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                            lol....yeah I know...but does that mean you never fade Detroit all year? ....there are some spots where they might be over-valued, and this is one IMO.....Detroit looked flat against a tired Nashville team last game and scraped out a close win against a bad team....I also don't think Detroit coming out flat is the only way they lose....Leclaire has shown he can steal games...with 5 shut outs already this year...CLB has a goaltending advantage in this one....don't trust Hasek at all this year...he's been awful, looks old, and is coming off a long break, whereas Leclaire has probably been the best goaltender in the whole league....definitely worth a play in this spot IMO...I really don't think Detroit will go 41-1 at home this year, so I'll hope the hotter goalie wins this one....wish me luck! lol
                            :thumbs: ...hey, im pulling for you......

Comment

GL Flyers!
                              If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

Working...
                              X