Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL saturday with flmmkrz

Rangers/Leafs o5.5 @ -105 to win 1 unit

This 5.5 is a total the books set with Lundqvist starting, the adjustment for the backup hasn't been made so hopefully I can take advantage of that.Despite the shutout yesterday the leafs defense and tending still isn't what I'd consider steady, they are capable of imploding everytime they hit the ice. At the same time their offense is capable of lighting the lamp with regularity especially with the returns over the last couple games of Wellwood, Tucker, McCabe. Even if Lundqvist was in net for the rangers this one had a chance of crossing this 5.5 but with Valiquette in so mcuh the better. Valiquettes numbers haven't been great over his small sampling of games and with this leafs team, he should be seeing plenty of rubber coming his way. The rangers offense isn't racking up the goal totals but catching the leafs off a long roadie and a b2b, they should get their chances with powerplays and weary legs to strike for at the very least a couple +.

Preds -.5 in reg @ +100 x 1 unit

Didn't think I needed to lay the chalk here to take the preds hopefully it doesnt bite me in the ass with an ot win. 3 in 4 nights for the jackets tonight and last night had the makings of a big game and they came out completely flat and got dominated. Only 1 of their last 6 games have been at home and was just a brief stop before they hit the road again so it should have the feel of the end of a long roadie. Nashville historically has been a tough road stop for the jackets as well. Meanwhile Nashville is off a long road trip themselves but have had a few days to adjust and I dont believe the first game home trap will be an issue for them. The preds have turned their play around as of late, starting in net where Mason has looked like the goalie the preds thought he could be when they moved Vokoun. The preds like playing at home, teams trending up and catch the jackets in a tough spot, have to take a shot with them here.

Flames -1.5 @ +122 x 1 unit

The flames continue to look unimpressive but when you're playing the division rivals they have to you can be made to look pretty bad with the teams we have. In their last 4, 2 of which were road games, the flames have gone 0-4 but drew the wings, wild in minny, avs in col, and Vancouver. Tough sched for a team to find its form against. The oil come in with their own struggles, losing 4 straight, still down key defensemen. The difference is one is a potentially elite team underachieving and one is a young squad with tough injuries and just not that good a team at this stage. Perfect answer for the flames troubles. The flames even without Langkow are deeper offensivly, defensivly, have the better tender and the bigger threat on the pp. The flames pk is bad but the oilers pp is worse than the flames kill. The flames haven't been dominant at home this season something they were last season but what better team to start a turnaround with than the oil, a team Kippers dominated thru his career. The flames were terrible for 2 periods vs the nucks and short of one penalty filled period for the nucks shouldn't have been in the game at all. If the team has any pride and with guys like Iginla and Phaneuf you have to believe it does then they have the talent edge, statistical edge, home ice edge and the motivational edge.

Kings -104 to win 1 unit

3 in 4, and 4 in 6 night spot for the stars. I guess you could say they took the night off in phoenix based on the way they played but even with the lackluster effort they were out there. This is an old stars squad that is going to have to match the legs of some of the leagues better upcoming talent at its freshest coming off an extended layoff. Thats about the crux of the play, fresh young team vs an older team on a tough condensed sched, I think in this spot the kings win in the range of 55-60% of the time so at this price its a play. I wish I got to it earlier when it was an even better value play.

Coyotes + 173 x 1 unit

a 3 in 4 nighter for the sharks, and they are really struggling to light the lamp and to get solid tending. I think the sched may be in part responsible for tending part as Nabakov has looked average at best and fatigue may be an issue. Getting the dogs back in san jose would likely be the spot to give him a day off. Whether it happens or not will have to be seen. Dogs also playing 3 in 4 but had the luxury of last night off. The dogs come into this one on a roll on the road with 5 straight road wins. For a struggling team this is a bad spot, b2b and a phoenix team that is oozing confidence right now meanwhile your fan base is thinking its a bad team so anything less than an easy win is looked upon as a bad showing. Never a bad play to back the hot team vs the struggling team if you're getting a very good price to do it.

GL everyone

GL. Against you on most...which is probably not good for me... :laughing:

Comment

flmrrz- GL!....i played the LAK...not sure if you read my thoughts but they were along the same lines....4I6 all on the road playing a team resting for 6 days.....i got the LAK at +100.....most likely will be on NAS.....already banked one with OTT today, as well...GL!
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

joined you on NAS...i hadn't seen it was a home and homer....will play the double up game.....also riding that Over play which was my first thought after seeing the matchup, but you know how i hate totals and how they never pan out for me....so went light on it.....GL!...

Comment

wow....NAS crapped the bed in the 3P, but we got the SO W......that is BTW the last time i will ever play a total...don't want to hear about them, talk about them or think about them...lol......officially officially done with them. that did it tonight. and to think i bought back my NYR play which was a winner......

Comment

Working...
          X