Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL tuesday with flmmkrz

Flames ml @ -146 to win 1 unit

I'll eat the chalk here cause I don't trust this flames team to get it done in regulation but this one has to feel like a must win game for them. The flames have shyt the bed in 5 straight, the last a lost to provincial divisional rival oilcan that wasn't a good showing for them. If I trusted them more I might make this a bigger play but what better way to finish off a terrible homestand than by getting in a wild team that is missing a big chunk of its high end talent, with Demitra and Gaborik out. Seems like everyones lost faith in the flames but the wild without the 2 players I mentioned aren't a deep squad so looking past the flames form here and thinking the talented hungry team beats up on the vulnerable opponent. We'll find out if the oil loss was rock bottom or if they're still digging.

GL everyone

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
    Flames ml @ -146 to win 1 unit

I'll eat the chalk here cause I don't trust this flames team to get it done in regulation but this one has to feel like a must win game for them. The flames have shyt the bed in 5 straight, the last a lost to provincial divisional rival oilcan that wasn't a good showing for them. If I trusted them more I might make this a bigger play but what better way to finish off a terrible homestand than by getting in a wild team that is missing a big chunk of its high end talent, with Demitra and Gaborik out. Seems like everyones lost faith in the flames but the wild without the 2 players I mentioned aren't a deep squad so looking past the flames form here and thinking the talented hungry team beats up on the vulnerable opponent. We'll find out if the oil loss was rock bottom or if they're still digging.

GL everyone
    flmrrz- GL!....going to play it as well. i had those exact same thoughts and i was going to go light on it as well. i still worry about them wanting Keenan gone (i mean did you see keenan's comments about kipper after he let in the PP goal...came out and said it was the goalies fault and kind of hard to have a good PK when your goalie sucks..i mean wow)......truthfully nothing would surprise me, but i hope they have a little pride. And somebody is going to have to get it done besides Tanguay and Iginla.....
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

GL. Thinking of the flamers myself...

Comment

I didn't see Keenans comments, lol not the approach I would use, alienating my star tender but Kipper has been awful this season so he's not entirely wrong. Phaneuf has been great under Keenan and apparently Iginla likes him, its the soft Tanguays, Husselius types that dont like being yelled at and aren't Keenan fans. Lets hope somebody steps up tonight for them.

Comment

I didn't see Keenans comments, lol not the approach I would use, alienating my star tender but Kipper has been awful this season so he's not entirely wrong. Phaneuf has been great under Keenan and apparently Iginla likes him, its the soft Tanguays, Husselius types that dont like being yelled at and aren't Keenan fans. Lets hope somebody steps up tonight for them.
          funny thing is that Tanguay reportedly wanted a trade about 3 weeks ago but the guy has been lighting it up ever since then. Maybe he is trying to showcase himself for interest from other teams...or maybe he just sucked it up. but lets be honest, Keenan's schtick has worn out real quick about the last 5 places he has been. He is abrasive and not long for today's "softer" group of athletes......i think he's an ass.......

Comment

Tanguay is talented but he's so freakin soft, I wouldn't want him on my team with that salary.

I was never a big Keenan fan but his act didn't go over well here in Van and didn't get better since it left. I agree his act wears thin of this new breed athlete but I don't think he's the issue with the flames. They played for Sutter, but Playfair was the new breed coach who was supposedly liked by players and they did jack shyt for him and now they went hard ass again and they're worse. That team is flawed somehow.

Comment

That team is flawed somehow.
              it's (a) the style of play they play and (b) they really aren't very good skill wise. they play a style of play like MIN that keeps them in most games but demands an almost perfect game with a big goalie at the back because they don't have the talent to get into it with a Detroit or Ott, or some of the other more talented teams. And when they aren't playing "flames hockey" and trying to win on effort and hard work, they get roasted. I mean let's be honest...they have Iginla and Tanguay....then they have Langkow who has been a journeyman for most of his career and has played better than anywhere else while he has been in Calgary, but he comes and goes....they have Craig "see if you can guess which 3 weeks i am going to show up for this season" conroy....Husleius is pretty good, but then it is a bunch of shiat/4th line/borderline NHL guys after that. They fit CAL had working mold, so it works when that's working, but if CAL doesn't outwork people, they are one of the worst teams in the NHL. Then it becomes talent vs. talent and the flames are going to lose every night in that matchup. I think superior goaltending and a commitment to that "calgary style" which will keep them in games has masked the fact that they suck talent wise. I mean you go from Lombardi at 10 points to Moss at 4 points (4th to 5th scorer). I mean when your 5th scorer on offense has 4 points compared to like a PHI who has 8 guys on offense with 6 points or better or Detroit or Ottawa that has tons of offenseive weapons, that aint going to cut it. You rely too much on 2 or 3 guys and there isn't anyone talented enough to pick up the slack.... But that's JMO, from what i have seen.
              Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-13-2007, 07:18 PM.

Comment

well they fought back tonight and i must say i don't think they've quit based on what i saw in the 3P....a goal to answer MIN goal :20 later and then one late in the period. i wasn't happy with 3 stupid penalties in the first 11 minutes, but they got past that and got it done. This game didn't do anything, though, to convince me CAL is a good team and i certainly won't be rushing to back them again. nice hit....

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                  well they fought back tonight and i must say i don't think they've quit based on what i saw in the 3P....a goal to answer MIN goal :20 later and then one late in the period. i wasn't happy with 3 stupid penalties in the first 11 minutes, but they got past that and got it done. This game didn't do anything, though, to convince me CAL is a good team and i certainly won't be rushing to back them again. nice hit....
                  Backstrom looked brutal on those last two goals...not sure the Flames deserved that one but I'll take it. :thumbs:

Nothing else is going right for me lately...

Comment

Working...
                  X