NHL thursday with flmmkrz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL thursday with flmmkrz

Well this is definately jumping the gun since todays games are still a few hours from even starting but lines are out and wanted to jump on one early.

Dallas - 140 to win 2 units over Calgary

Smith got the start against Philly so its safe to assume Turcos in the pipes in this one and Turcos been talking about how he's feeling and playing better now that at any point of the season. The stars were on a nasty little slump but bumped it and have built a nice run with 3 straight over some bottom feeders which should help their confidence. This game will be the flames 3rd in 4 nights, and tonight they're playing the avs. The avs are playing for their season so they'll come out ready to play, the avs aren't a physical squad but playoff intensity games always get chippy and I don't see why this one would be any different. If the flames win the game they would be due for a letdown knowing that they would've all but eliminated the avs or they lose, the flames never half ass games so if they lose they worked hard anda fresh Dallas team is waiting for them. The flames follow Dallas with a game against minny so it's a bit of a sandwich spot between 2 divisional battles as well. Calgary has lost its last 5 in Dallas and their last loss was when the flames were playing some of its best hockey of the season and the stars were way undermanned but they still found a way to lose. Both teams are coming in with very good special teams play since the break but the flames numbers are a bit skewed by so many games at home, their special teams aren't as prolific on the road. The flames take on average more penalties than Dallas does which should be even higher given this spot with 3 in 4 nights . It's also concievable that in a back to back situation Kipper could be given a night off with minny waiting back in calgary and the flames lack of success against a tough home team in dallas. I could see this line moving so I wanted to jump quickly, it'll fly if Kipper is given the day off
    Last edited by flmmkrz; 03-14-2007, 02:06 PM.

GL! I like it. :beerbang:

Comment

LOL...anything for Friday yet??

I like your go-get-em attitude....I think I'll renew your contract. LOL

GL man :thumbs:

Comment

Great game for Dallas bettors between the flames and avs yesterday and the flames board is saying the flames touched down in dallas about 3 am this morning so the flames should be dragging ass tonight. Sounds like Kipper will go tho.

Comment

I went with the avs yesterday and I hadn't done that in a while and i'm doing something else I haven't done in a while....

Carolina - 119 to win 1 unit over NJ

The devils were already without 2nd leading scorer Gionta who has missed 11 games and only has 3 fewer goals than leading scorer Parise. During that 11 game stretch the team has gone 6-5 which is far below the level they had played at this year. The Devils played last night and were blanked by Pitt but shouldn't be overly fatigued as they had a 3 day layoff prior yesterdays game but they lost leading point getter Elias to a groin injury and also lost Madden in that game. The devils are so up against the cap the devils boards are saying they won't be bringing people up, so they're playing this one with a limited bench. The devils we all know play a defensive brand of hockey and I imagine with these guys out it'll get even tighter but a team still needs to score, the devils have the 6th lowest goal total in the nhl and 7th worst on the road, you can't remove 54 goals (30% of team goals) from that line up and not have it take a major offensive hit. The Madden loss removes a key checker and on a pk that's slipped since the first half, it's definately an important loss. All 3 of these guys averaged in the 18-19 minute range a night, and all brought something important to the team that can't be repaced by someone stepping up. The devils pp hasn't been great all year and Gionta was the 2nd leading goal scorer on the pp and Elias leading point getter and 3rd most goals on the pp. Carolina has a good pk which should be aided by the weakened pp of the devils. The canes pp has been brutal tho so that's good news for the devils pk without Madden. Carolina hasn't impressed me all season long and they've burnt me a few times too many but they are the defending champs and clinging to 8th having played more games than the teams trying to catch them. They need to take advantage of an undermanned team. The canes haven't had any success vs the devils over the last couple years but the devils played last night and these 2 meet up again but in nj on Saturday where it'll be 3 in 4 for the devils. The canes need them both but i'll double this up if the canes lose here as they'll come to play both nights they can't afford not to. The devils I don't believe have the horses to win them both. The only question for me is Grahame and he played great against the panthers, if he's feeling confident the canes can be dangerous. Bottom lining it, i'm backing the rested home team with its back up against the wall against the depleted road team off a game last night.

Comment

well just checked out a flames message board and it says their local radio stations reporting that Yelle, Warriner draw out of the line up and that McClennan is in, so if that's true jump on guys. I added another unit on my play

Comment

The Flames haven't won on the road against a plus .500 team since November 11!!!

Comment

Marty stands on his head and leads the devils to a win. Looks like im doubling up next game.

Comment

Stars were money. Lost a 1.2 units on Devils but won 3 on the stars and the flames don't move up in the standings. Good day for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X