NHL friday with flmmkrz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL friday with flmmkrz

Not a huge sched today but it has a few games I like...

Toronto - 172 to win 1 unit over Washington

Bottom line, leafs are a good road team and they need to win. TO's won 2 of the 3 h2hs this season and those were against a more complete caps squad. Washington has played better as of late and Kolzig back helps but this is the 2nd game in as many nights for the caps and first off a 3 game roadie. Kolzig played decently in his return but gave up 3 straight and lost in shootout. Kolzig was out over a month with a knee injury and faced 39 shots last night I can't see them forcing him into another game tonight which means more than likely Johnson playing and he's been brutal filling in for Kolzig. I haven't gotten confirmation but would seem the smart coaching play. The leafs are one point back of the canes and isles with games in hand on the canes and the isles in a bit of trouble with DiPietro a ?. The leafs have put together a nice couple games and have some positive momentum and with their spot in relation to the teams they're trying to catch they should be very ready for this game. The leafs have a big tilt with montreal tomorrow with both teams needing to win that one so with that game very much in doubt a win here becomes even more important, simply a must win.

Montreal +.05 in regulation 60 min @ +117 x 1 unit

Great odds for a game montreal could very well sneak out but a game they are definately not giving away. I've watched the last 2 games in this series and both were amongst the best games i've seen this season. Both teams don't seem to like each other and are physical end to end games. They're chippy playoff intensity games. The habs have won 2 of the 3 match ups this year and 2 of the 3 have gone into extra time, the one that didn't need extra time was a regulation montreal win. Pitts been playing better hockey than the habs over the last while and much has been made of Samsonov and Kovalevs issues and how they could affect the habs. My feeling is that the habs are more united now that Kovalev and Samsonov are out while obviously less talented. The habs beat the blues and then the isles after DiPietro was knocked out of the game. Tonights test will be a much stiffer one. Montreal knows what it's getting in this game and the rivalry they've built up is pretty heated but they also know that a day after this tough match up they get an even more important match up with the leafs who will be much fresher coming in after facing the caps. Half ass it against the pens and they're probably as fresh as the leafs tomorrow and that doesn't guarantee them a win, my guess is they come out ready to play and hope to get at least a point here, they are as aware as the leafs at how loose a grasp the 2 teams in 7th and 8th teams hold on their spots, points are a must. Extra time or a habs outright and this is a winner at + odds, too much value. Its also 3 in 4 nights for the pens which should give the habs an energy edge.

Tbay + 106 x 1 unit over Buffalo

3 in 4 games for the struggling sabres who won and bumped the slump last night in a game they were seriously outplayed in. The sabres don't look right ( which with their injuries up front and on the back end is understandable ) and Miller has looked hit or miss since mid february. Miller does have a stellar record vs tbay during his career tho. The sabres have won 2 of the 3 in the season series. The bolts were spanked 7-2 in the first one, 1st star Gaustad (out), 2nd Vanek, 3rd Kotalik (out). But other scoring in that game, Novotny ( traded) , Spacek (questionable). Then they lost 4-1, this game was all Briere with a hat trick and he is in the line up. The third game went to the bolts in buffalo, the sabres roster was still intact at that point. This bolts team isn't the same one the sabres met in the first 2 games, the bolts came alive in January and this sabres team isn't the same one that ran rough shod thru the bolts the first 2 games, they're struggling. 2 teams going opposite directions and while I like the bolts more on the road, this is 3 in 4 nights for the sabres and the bolts aren't a bad home team by any means. Its a positive spot and good odds on the team that's rested and playing better hockey. If this one goes to extra time, it's almost a win for the bolts as they have been downright dominant in extra time.

Gl everyone

Leafs and habs both getting rocked so far.

Comment

ugh, went to take my dog out and it went from bad to ugly, at least the bolts were winning when I left, its now 3-1. Might be a day to forget

Comment

ouch, took a beating. 0-3 havent had a day completely go against me in a long time

Comment

Working...
        X