Winter Classic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Classic

Man, that is pretty cool. Snow flurries. 70,000 fans. Good on ya Buffalo.

Went to bed at 8, but I'm up to watch this! Very cool.

Just joined in watching.. man I love those vintage jerseys, they didn't seem to wear them at all last year, Im wondering if these are "edge" jerseys, since they made a big deal that they had to redesign everyones jersey.

JML you play any hockey video games, I was never a big Video Gamer, but I rented NHL 2k8 for my PS2 and been playing it a lot lately
    Last Wager placed 01/11/09 - Loss
    Taking a sabbatical from wagering

Comment

Very cool :beerbang: I haven't watched a full hockey game, since the 1980 olympics :drunk:

Comment

This game hasbeen awesome. What better way to showcase the NHL than to have the best player playing AND have the game go to a shootout. I'm just happy that Conklin still has them in position to win this thing.

Comment

Sid with the 5-hole winner. Awesome game all around.

Comment

Great atmosphere Great crowd but for a Hockey game
            I thought it was dull with no Hitting.

Comment

That was one of the worst games I've ever seen in my life. Just brutal. That shows absolutely nothing of what the NHL is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                That was one of the worst games I've ever seen in my life. Just brutal. That shows absolutely nothing of what the NHL is all about.
                dang....absolutely couldn't agree more....just completely brutal hockey due to those conditions. if you tuned in to watch that, it was nothing more than a circus side show. dead on Angelus.

nitts- how can you call that awesome? it sucked........it was impossible for anyone to show off skills under those conditions.
                I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Its not always about the skill IMO, I think this was more of a reflection game, much like the MTL/EDM heritage game played I think 3-4 seasons ago, going back to that warm fuzzy feeling you got going to school with your skates draped over your shoulder so after 8th period bell rang you could go meet up at the pond for a game of shinny and play well past your curfew even though you'd get in trouble, and your feet feel frost bitten, to the point you come home throw off your skates and sit yourself right next to the space heater and swear to yourself you'll never do that again as your feet slowly return to their proper state. But next morning your skates are draped over your shoulder again..

This game was about fun, not physical contact (not to mention the boards possibly could not have put up with much banging

I think it would be awesome if they made this a yearly event, and perhaps make it a Match-up between O6 teams or even the all-star game so no points are at stake
                  Last edited by USFMD82; 01-01-2008, 06:24 PM.

Comment

One thing though.. they might as well name this the Crosby classic if they continue to suck him off

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                      dang....absolutely couldn't agree more....just completely brutal hockey due to those conditions. if you tuned in to watch that, it was nothing more than a circus side show. dead on Angelus.

nitts- how can you call that awesome? it sucked........it was impossible for anyone to show off skills under those conditions.
                      :pud: hockey is boring as **** to watch!!!!!! Give me these conditions, I would watch more!!!!!!!! :beer2:

Comment

Good thing they put it on against a Big 10 bowl game on New Years Day. I'm sure outside of us 5, at least 12 other people around the country saw it (who weren't there).

Other than looking cool because of the snow, it was a yawner I thought (from what I watched).

Next year, Devils vs Rangers at Giants Stadium anyone??? Sounds like a good idea to me. :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                          Good thing they put it on against a Big 10 bowl game on New Years Day. I'm sure outside of us 5, at least 12 other people around the country saw it (who weren't there).

Other than looking cool because of the snow, it was a yawner I thought (from what I watched).

Next year, Devils vs Rangers at Giants Stadium anyone??? Sounds like a good idea to me. :thumbs:
                          :beerbang: they could play on 1 of the great lakes, and make more money than they are now.... that league is goin' broke.... It's a f'n outdoor sport, played indoors.... :thumbs:

Comment

send that sport back to canada!!! :laughing:

Comment

No hitting?? There were 3 of the biggest hits I've seen all year in this game, and the TSN crew were saying how the game was better that the Heritage Classic because this was actually played with a bit of a physical edge. Couple of great moves by Crosby (you see when he flipped the puck up on his stick 3 or 4 times, and around the defensman?). I enjoyed he game immensly because of the atmosphere. I agree though....NBC has a hard-on for Crosby...but that's what US networks are about isn't it? Over-Hyping the stars in every sport?

I don't get the US sports viewing public. NHL is boring as **** to watch? I have tried 4 or 5 times to make it through a whole NBA game this year, and have yet to succeed. They are essentially walk-athons, and freethrow shooting contests. Is Tim Duncan the most boring althelete of alltime?? I watched that Kentucky game yesterday, and it was awful...horrible calls, an over-hyped QB, and endless 4 yard runs up the middle. Great stuff.

I don't get it :dunno:
                              Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-01-2008, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X