Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Thursday NHL >>>

YTD: 44-65, -35.51 Units

Looks like we got FF back on board, boys....time to win some cash. Flm....you get back in here too!! Most of my thoughts on these games are in the aforementioned FF's thread...

Flyers +118 vs Rangers - 2 Units
    Tailing FF...

Senators -187 vs Sabres - 4 Units
    Hate to be eating this much juice, but I don't see how Ottawa loses at home tonight. They have been as hot as anyone lately on the offensive side, scoring goals in buckets, and face a struggling Buffalo team, that for some reason are starting the very weak Thibault in net tonight, on the road, against the second best offensive team in hockey. Thibault hasn't played since Dec 6th, and has been horrible when he's had a shot (.857 SP, 2.80 GAA). Sens put 5 on Miller and the Sabres last week in Buffalo....I see at least that tonight, and with Gerber in net for the Sens, that means a win. Sabres also look to have new injury problems with top line players Afiniganov, Roy and Paille all doubtful tonight.

Blues -142 vs Stars - 3 Units
    Rested Blues against b2b Stars.....Blues good at home, and playing good hockey again. Like the pickup of Mcdonald for them. Legace quietly having a superb year. Stars still banged up, and are not deep. Probably get Smith tonight in net for Dallas.

Leafs +113 vs Kings - 3 Units
    Kings are giving up goals like candy....Leafs coming off a tough matchup against the defensive Ducks should be able to get a few tonight...

GL All :thumbs:

I took the leafs as well
    Do you know who`s in net tonight? I hear Toskala is
    sitting and would hate to take the Buds with Red light Raycroft.

Comment

JML- GL!....yeah, flmrrz disappeared too...lol.....lets see if we can collectively get something going......i may jump on OTT, as well. Gerber has played like **** in his last few games, so i don't know as i am all that fired up about either OTT goalie, but especially Gerber. He is the definition of streaky and he is streaking the wrong way at this point. But i agree that BUF stinks right now. lol....on taking TOR....with me on TOR Over3 and you on TOR that should mean they get skunked....:laughing:....GL!
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

i can't find OTT lower than -210 at one and -215 at 2 other books so i am laying off. I got hosed in that TAM line...should have waited...could have had +115 this AM at one book and +110 at 2 others....:bang:....hockey has some wide variations on lines. I have the STL game at -145, -155 and -160 right now......

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          i can't find OTT lower than -210 at one and -215 at 2 other books so i am laying off. I got hosed in that TAM line...should have waited...could have had +115 this AM at one book and +110 at 2 others....:bang:....hockey has some wide variations on lines. I have the STL game at -145, -155 and -160 right now......
          yeah...hockey lines are weird sometimes...it's one sport where it's a good idea to fish for the best line at various books....luckily Pinny usually has the best....

Comment

dude- your team seriously sucks ass......

Comment

i was an idiot for playing TOR over and not LAK over3....TOR has now given up 3+ in 8 straight games.....oyyyvayyy...i just can't win with TOR in any way shape or form

Comment

dude- your team seriously sucks ass......
                :bang:

Over was the play

Seriously.....fire the GM, and trade EVERYONE...

Comment

YTD: 47-66, -31.89 Units

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                    :bang:

Over was the play

Seriously.....fire the GM, and trade EVERYONE...
                    yeah, LAK over was the best play in that game and i missed it......:bang:

your team really does need to just implode itself and basically start over. what is the deal with wellwood and steen? one day they are the future and the next they are healthy scratches. i agree, the main problem is all those fat long term deals for guys who are overpaid. Kubina, McCabe, Blake, Crapcroft....all pretty much unmovable contracts. But the first guy that needs to go is the GM. He hasn't done **** right in his entire tenure there and has tried to do his best Clarkey and ruin that thing. And you need to fire him before the draft and the end of the season. Actually from what i hear, the draft is supposed to be pretty good this year with some possible impact guys where you will be picking. Defense and goaltending seem to be more of an issue than ever with your team.....defense more so than goaltending because i think if you put a decent defense in front of Toskala, he could at least be above average in net. But giving up 5 goals on 23 shots won't cut it.......................fans in TOR must just be beside themselves as hockey crazed as that market is.

Comment

yeah, LAK over was the best play in that game and i missed it......:bang:

your team really does need to just implode itself and basically start over. what is the deal with wellwood and steen? one day they are the future and the next they are healthy scratches. i agree, the main problem is all those fat long term deals for guys who are overpaid. Kubina, McCabe, Blake, Crapcroft....all pretty much unmovable contracts. But the first guy that needs to go is the GM. He hasn't done **** right in his entire tenure there and has tried to do his best Clarkey and ruin that thing. And you need to fire him before the draft and the end of the season. Actually from what i hear, the draft is supposed to be pretty good this year with some possible impact guys where you will be picking. Defense and goaltending seem to be more of an issue than ever with your team.....defense more so than goaltending because i think if you put a decent defense in front of Toskala, he could at least be above average in net. But giving up 5 goals on 23 shots won't cut it.......................fans in TOR must just be beside themselves as hockey crazed as that market is.
                      JFJ definitely needs to go, how the hell does a gm not make one right move in his whole tenure? If the re-signing Sundin at every opportunity wasn't such a no brainer he would've found a way to **** that up too.

Definitely have to blow up that team and start stockpiling draft picks. I'd give up on salvaging the season, my goal at this point is one thing if I were the leafs gm. Well aside from trading Sundin to the highest bidder, tank the season so we could get Stamkos. No other goal.

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
                        JFJ definitely needs to go, how the hell does a gm not make one right move in his whole tenure? If the re-signing Sundin at every opportunity wasn't such a no brainer he would've found a way to **** that up too.

Definitely have to blow up that team and start stockpiling draft picks. I'd give up on salvaging the season, my goal at this point is one thing if I were the leafs gm. Well aside from trading Sundin to the highest bidder, tank the season so we could get Stamkos. No other goal.
                        You speaka duh truth, flm, you speaka duh truth.

Funny....went to the bar last night to watch that debacle, and half the people watching the game cheered every LA goal....mainly because the more losses the Leafs get, the better chance they blow the team up and start over. And a better chance for Stamkos. Everyone here is really fed up....want JFJ's head on a platter, and really just want to start from scratch. And I agree. Mediocrity gets you nowhere in this league....squeezing into the 8th seed (or missing completely), and never improving with draft picks or trades gets you nothing. Blowing up the team proves it can work, as seen in TB, Pitt and Phi. you gotta be bad to get good sometimes,...

Sundin will go before the deadline. yeah...he's a longtime captain, but the Leafs have a history with this, trading the likes of former captains Sittler, Vaive, Gilmour & Clark. And Sundin would be the 4th most popular player on that list. Plus...like I have said before, I think Mats goes to a contender, then signs right back here next year.

Definitely down days in Leafsville...
                        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-11-2008, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't mind the Leafs getting Stamkos. If the Ducks get him (they have our pick), I will freak out!

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                            I wouldn't mind the Leafs getting Stamkos. If the Ducks get him (they have our pick), I will freak out!
                            IMO, the Ducks trade that pick for a front line scoring winger before the deadline.

But what a bad deal that was for the Oil!!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                              IMO, the Ducks trade that pick for a front line scoring winger before the deadline.

But what a bad deal that was for the Oil!!
                              Don't get me started.

We had 3 first round picks in the 2007 draft (one of the worst drafts in history) and then give up our first 3 picks in 2008 (one of the deepest in history) for Dustin Penner? Ugh...retarded...

Comment

Working...
                              X