• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Wednesday >>>

YTD: 64-80, -33.21 Units

2-1 yesterday...Damn Sens...

Capitals +111 vs Toronto Fire-Sales - 3 Units
    This seems like one of the games that even though they shouldn't win, the Leafs pull it out somehow. I'll still bite with the better Caps team, the younger, more exciting team, and the hotter team winning 8 of 10. Caps even had the Leafs number earlier this year, when they weren't playing as well, laying a beating on Toronto 7-1 at home. The game before that, the Caps beat Toronto 5-1. They come back here in the middle of a Toronto media circus with the GM getting fired, and the dressing room being hit with non-hockey questions, and talk of fire-sales. I watched the Was/Pit game on Monday, and was impressed with the Caps speed and skill...and if it wasn't for a fairly weak game by Kolzig, they blow the Pens out. Nice value here for the better team with more confidence. That Mike Green is an exciting young defenceman! And what can you say about Ovechkin?

Ducks +100 vs Red Wings - 5 Units
    Utterly shocked to see Anaheim open as a homedog this morning. Yeah, Detroit is a nice little team, but so are the Ducks. These are probably the 2 best teams in the NHL right now. But the Wings coming into play an elite team on a b2b without their top scorer should not be favoured (Zetterberg doubtful). I was looking at this game last night (hoping for a Det win in LA) and was expecting to lay -125 with Anaheim. They've won 7 straight at home, and 8 of 10 overall, and get dogged to a team playing road b2b's? Detroit has been on the West Coast for a week, winning in SJ and LA last night and this is their last game before the All-star break. They lose this one, IMO, but head home winning 2 of 3 on the California trip, still happy with the results. Anaheim defends their rock-solid home ice before playing at LA tomorrow.

:thumbs:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-23-2008, 10:03 PM.

If you like Anaheim...get it quick....the books realized their mistake early, as alot of Ducks money must have came in on the opening line (mine included), and the line has shot up to -110 to -115 within the first 20 minutes, and will probably end up at -125 (where I thought it was going to be in the first place!).

Not sure I will play the STL/VAN game....once again...Vancouver "should" win at home over a struggling Blues team...but just like the Minny game, anything could happen, and I'm not laying huge juice on a team that cannot score. -160 to -170 is a joke, and if forced my money would go to STL.

:beerbang:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-23-2008, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Zetterberg is more than doubtful, he is out. He'll miss the All Star game too. If he's not careful with his back he'll end up like last year missing much of the second half.

GL JML!

Comment

yeah...thanks Larry...thats what I thought...I saw he's been replaced for the All-star game yesterday, but the early word was there was a small chance he might try to play one of the Cali games. Now today, it's confirmed he's shutdown until after the break.

Thanks... :beerbang:

Comment

JML- GL!....on VAN, WAS and ANA tonight.........agree 100% on ANA....too busy to post any thoughts but lets get these....:beerbang:
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
            JML- GL!....on VAN, WAS and ANA tonight.........agree 100% on ANA....too busy to post any thoughts but lets get these....:beerbang:
            Thanks! :beerbang: GL

I still might add Vancouver...they really should win in that spot.....it's juiced to the tits though...

Comment

Washington totally outplays the Leafs...they were all over them for most of that game, but the Leafs pull out the win with 29 seconds left....go figure....

Canucks -151 vs Blues

3 Units

Comment

:bang: Guess my string of picks there was good luck after all.. to bad it came to an end
                Last Wager placed 01/11/09 - Loss
                Taking a sabbatical from wagering

Comment

Working...
                X