• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Thursday >>>

YTD: 70-88, -40.62 Units

Liking 4 road-dogs...

Kings +140 vs Islanders - 3 Units
    Kings playing better hockey than the Isles, IMO...winning 5 of 8 including a close OT loss against the hot Flyers, a respectable showing against the Wings and a win over the Ducks and Canucks. Islanders starting to slide into what will eventually be a non playoff year IMO, losing 5 of 7 with 2 blowout losses in a row. They've also lost 5 straight at home. I'll take a chance with LA here on what seems to be an inflated number reflecting overall record, and not the quality of recent play. Edit: Looks like Dubie gets the start in net for Dipietro...like the play even more!

Habs +105 vs Capitals - 3 Units
    Going with the better team as a dog here, hoping for the home-and-home sweep. Caps were outclassed badly by Montreal on Tuesday, who are one of the hottest teams in the league winning 5 of 6 with the last 3 very impressive looking dominant wins. The line for this matchup goes from -180 to + 105...even with a huge Montreal win backing up that Tuesday juice? Home ice doesn't mean that much, IMO...I mean...it's the half-full Washington (insert bank or cellphone company name here) Arena...especially with the Habs being one of the best road teams in the league (if not THE best.

Bruins +184 vs Senators - 3 Units
    Nice value here, IMO....Boston is a good little team that absolutely nobody talks about, and shouldn't be getting this kind of number...especially when they can bring much superior goaltending to the table. Bruins have won 5 of 7, and would love to go into Ottawa and get a win. Ottawa a little overrated with this line, IMO....sure they are coming off 2 blowout wins...but that was against the weak Bolts and Isles, and before those games they had lost 5 of 6 against equally weak opponents. ALSO...those wins came on the back of a returning Alfredsson to the lineup, as they seemed lost without him and Heatley....BUT, Alfie is now banged up again, and questionable for Thursday. Way huge value for Boston, IMO. rjp...nice spot for one of your +1.5 goaline plays, IMO. Edit: Alfie confirmed out for tonight AND Saturday.

Also looking at backing Vancouver against TB. Canucks desperate for a win, and this might be a good spot for them to get it...playing a bad TB team coming off two home blowout losses. Canucks actually outplayed Dallas last game, but got shorted in the goaltender battle. Play is currently off the board, pending Luongo joining the team...which was the original plan I believe....

GL :thumbs:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-31-2008, 02:20 PM.

Still no line on the Canucks/Lightning. Guess there has been no confirmation on Luongo yet. Would really love another dog line with Vancouver tonight.

Also looking at the Flyers....as the early word is Lundqvist gets the rest tonight, with Valiquette getting the call. This guy has only one start in the past 5 weeks (a 3-0 loss to the offensively challenged Canucks), and much like we saw with Sanford on Tuesday for Vancouver...I see some rust. Rangers also horrible on the road, losing 6 in a row, and 10 of last 11....whereas Philly is a very good home team, and are playing some great hockey. NY has some good history in Philly.....but that is the past, and these are two teams going in opposite directions......Valiquette puts the play over the top, IMO (waiting for confirmation)

:gulp:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 01-31-2008, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Adding...

Hurricanes -147
      vs Leafs - 3 Units
      Leafs still caught up in the media circus of trade rumours, have hit a slide again losing 3 of 4, play on the road, where they do not perform well (lost 11 of last 13), against a Carolina team that has turned it around a bit, winning 3 of 4....with Goalie Cam Ward seemingly playing his best hockey of the year. Leafs also have some major injury concerns, which is not good for an already thin team....with Ponikarovsky, Steen, Kilger and Devereaux all added to the non-play list. Canes should roll tonight.

Canucks -103 vs Lightning - 3 Units
      Got my Vancouver dog line. Like I said, Vancouver due for a win, played great last game, but Turco stood on his head, and the Vancouver had weak goaltending without Luongo. He's back tonight after spending the allstar break in Florida with his wife, and met up with the team today.

Still looking at adding the Flyers, but waiting for NYR Goalie confirmation...

GL :beerbang:

Comment

Adding...

Flyers -137
        vs Rangers - 3 Units
        Valiquette confirmed...

:thumbs:

Comment

Right on, good luck! I pretty much like all your plays, but had to limit my plays due to CBB and NBA going as well. I can't believe Buffalo won 1-0 last night :puke:
          Come to daddy on an inside straight,
          Well I got no chance of losin' this time

YTD

MLB 0-0
          NCAA 5-3-1 (+2.4 units)
          NBA 0-0
          NHL 2-5 (-2.55 units)

Comment

JML, I did bet Boston +1.5 -165. Nice price. :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by rjp View Post
              JML, I did bet Boston +1.5 -165. Nice price. :thumbs:
              :thumbs:

Comment

Lets hit this Bruins game bro!
                If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

gl JML, hopefully my Flyers take care of ya tonight, there's nothing better than a whooping off the Rangers....I liked the habs as well just couldnt pull the trigger, thought the line was a little fishy, so laid off... btw the habs are a hell of a team, i know come playoff time as a Flyers fan, the 2 teams I dont want to see is MTL and NJ.....also whats going on with your Leafs? who you think is going to end up getting moved, and the big question where do you think Sundin lands?
                  To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                  2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                    gl JML, hopefully my Flyers take care of ya tonight, there's nothing better than a whooping off the Rangers....I liked the habs as well just couldnt pull the trigger, thought the line was a little fishy, so laid off... btw the habs are a hell of a team, i know come playoff time as a Flyers fan, the 2 teams I dont want to see is MTL and NJ.....also whats going on with your Leafs? who you think is going to end up getting moved, and the big question where do you think Sundin lands?
                    Hopefully everyone leaves, PF3...lol...and I think Sundin goes to Calgary or Vancouver....if he leaves at all....

Comment

GL JML.... f'cking Flyers....wow

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                        Adding...

Hurricanes -147
                        vs Leafs - 3 Units
                        Leafs still caught up in the media circus of trade rumours, have hit a slide again losing 3 of 4, play on the road, where they do not perform well (lost 11 of last 13), against a Carolina team that has turned it around a bit, winning 3 of 4....with Goalie Cam Ward seemingly playing his best hockey of the year. Leafs also have some major injury concerns, which is not good for an already thin team....with Ponikarovsky, Steen, Kilger and Devereaux all added to the non-play list. Canes should roll tonight.

Canucks -103 vs Lightning - 3 Units
                        Got my Vancouver dog line. Like I said, Vancouver due for a win, played great last game, but Turco stood on his head, and the Vancouver had weak goaltending without Luongo. He's back tonight after spending the allstar break in Florida with his wife, and met up with the team today.

Still looking at adding the Flyers, but waiting for NYR Goalie confirmation...

GL :beerbang:
                        sorry to see my nuckers burn ya tonight. Tough to back the farm team right now and Luongos not nearly in good enough form at the moment to be carrying them on his back. That being said I'll take my shot with them tomorrow at the + odds.

Comment

Yup...Flyers and Canucks looked like ****. Still a positive night though with a couple huge dogs coming through. :thumbs:

Your Canucks are going to be watching the playoffs from home, FLM...

Comment

Nice hit on the dogs JML! I knew I should have went with Boston, but had to much going on else where. Can Vacouver beat the panthers?
                            Come to daddy on an inside straight,
                            Well I got no chance of losin' this time

YTD

MLB 0-0
                            NCAA 5-3-1 (+2.4 units)
                            NBA 0-0
                            NHL 2-5 (-2.55 units)

Comment

Originally posted by woodfall View Post
                              Nice hit on the dogs JML! I knew I should have went with Boston, but had to much going on else where. Can Vacouver beat the panthers?
                              God...I think I have to back the Canucks again against the equally horrible Panthers, yeah....

Comment

Working...
                              X