Operation: Fade Oilers - Game 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation: Fade Oilers - Game 1

Alright, I did this last year and I'm going to do it again. I won't be playing every Oiler game, for the most part I will try and pick my spots. May double up on some games where appropriate. We'll see if I can actually make a profit here...

Calgary -130, 4 units
    Calgary -1 +132, 2 units

OFO YTD: 0-0, 0.00 units.
    Last edited by Angelus; 02-04-2008, 06:43 PM.

:beerbang: :beer2: :thumbs:

Comment

was money last year should be the case again this year. Should have a secondary fade the nucks operation as well. Ohlunds back in van for personal reasons and Miller is hurting from blocking a shot so the possibility exists that the team will be without the top 6 dmen they had penciled in at the start of the year as well as the 2nd line center. UGLY

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
        Alright, I did this last year and I'm going to do it again. I won't be playing every Oiler game, for the most part I will try and pick my spots. May double up on some games where appropriate. We'll see if I can actually make a profit here...

Calgary -130, 4 units

OFO YTD: 0-0, 0.00 units.
        lol......all kidding aside i really feel for a town like EDM where they have won before and to my knowledge have great fans, but just can't catch a break at any point. If it wasn't DAL beating you 9,208 straight times in the first round of the playoffs, it's not being able to sign anyone and when you do they either suck, get hurt or leave.
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          lol......all kidding aside i really feel for a town like EDM where they have won before and to my knowledge have great fans, but just can't catch a break at any point. If it wasn't DAL beating you 9,208 straight times in the first round of the playoffs, it's not being able to sign anyone and when you do they either suck, get hurt or leave.
          New billionare owner might help out soon...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
            New billionare owner might help out soon...
            I'd love for him to clean house. MacT especially. Today on the radio MacT said that if Marty Reasoner had more speed, he'd be as good as Joe Sakic. :laughing:

Seriously.

And I like Kevin Lowe...he did awesome to get Pronger here. But the Penner move (especially if Stamkos ends up in Anaheim) should cost him his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
              I'd love for him to clean house. MacT especially. Today on the radio MacT said that if Marty Reasoner had more speed, he'd be as good as Joe Sakic. :laughing:

Seriously.

And I like Kevin Lowe...he did awesome to get Pronger here. But the Penner move (especially if Stamkos ends up in Anaheim) should cost him his job.
              :laughing: ....and if i had more speed and a quicker and better wrist shot i could be him too....:laughing:.....

Comment

Added another play.

CuJo's career numbers against his former team:
                20-8-3, 2.60 GAA, .907 SV%

As if it wasn't weird enough seeing him in a Leafs jersey...now a Flames jersey...yuck...

Comment

EDM +1.5 is nice value. :gulp:

Comment

Originally posted by rjp View Post
                    EDM +1.5 is nice value. :gulp:
                    i agree.....sometimes when a guy goes down you get a short period where the team plays over its head. you see it all the time. Cujo hasn't played an NHL game in a while and CAL doesnt score much so you're right....+1 1/2 is a nice play if you want to lay -690....lol

Comment

I got it for as low as -225. :p

As for the reasons why a team plays "over their head", I think the reality is that the perception is they're going to be much worse off than they really are. The guy replacing him isn't some high school kid, after all. He'll be about average I'd guess.

Comment

Actually 2 players who will asked to shoulder a heavier load are Centres Sam Gagner and Andrew Cogliano.....who are 18 and 20 respectively....and if they weren't in the NHL, they would most likely be a High School kid or just recently were a high school kid. lol.

:beer2:
                        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-04-2008, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Well maybe I picked the wrong age group to pick on, but the point is at this point we can expect them to be about average.

Comment

Well, this operation is off to a rough start. The Flames didn't bother showing up tonight...

But I will not be deterred. This Oiler team will lose a lot more than they win down the stretch.

Comment

Blackhawks tomorrow for 8 units :beerbang:

Oilers might even be the favourite! :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X