Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHLRS Briere Worst Free Agent Signing Sunday

fresh off a win the other night.....:beerbang: :laughing:

PHI -130............is this team evvvvvvver going to win another game. Briere...................Briere................... ....................................Briere........ ................................wish we had ferris instead of that clown......:bang:.....no points in 4 of L5 games and 1 multipoint game in his last 16.....yeah, that's worth 6.5M

NYR -120..............fading a 10AM start for the charks in NYR and the fact that this is the last chance for NYR to win a game vs. the western conference. Hopefully they can build on some of the momentum from Saturday's game.....

GL to everyone!
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

FF- browsing some Flyers message boards, I find it hard to believe how quick and hard Flyers fans have turned on Danny B. Going back to last year, all you herd up here in Buffalo is rumors out of Philly on how Biron will convince Briere to come to Philly and how he will bring great things to the city of Philly. I think Briere took for granted what he had in Buffalo. He played on a line with Chris Drury and Jochen Hecht. Those two were able to cover up his craptastic defensive play. Look at Brieres +/- this year. Look at Mike Richards +/-. Richards is a complete all around player. Brieres flaws were covered by Drury and hecht last year in Buffalo. Danny’s good for a dumb penalty at crucial parts of the game. Although very skilled offensively, Briere is not a complete player. Guess the love affair with Biron and Briere is over already huh…… I still think Philly can make some noise in the playoffs if they can catch lightning in a bottle with one of there goaltenders….

Comment

Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
      FF- browsing some Flyers message boards, I find it hard to believe how quick and hard Flyers fans have turned on Danny B. Going back to last year, all you herd up here in Buffalo is rumors out of Philly on how Biron will convince Briere to come to Philly and how he will bring great things to the city of Philly. I think Briere took for granted what he had in Buffalo. He played on a line with Chris Drury and Jochen Hecht. Those two were able to cover up his craptastic defensive play. Look at Brieres +/- this year. Look at Mike Richards +/-. Richards is a complete all around player. Brieres flaws were covered by Drury and hecht last year in Buffalo. Danny’s good for a dumb penalty at crucial parts of the game. Although very skilled offensively, Briere is not a complete player. Guess the love affair with Biron and Briere is over already huh…… I still think Philly can make some noise in the playoffs if they can catch lightning in a bottle with one of there goaltenders….

Vaz- Briere is not a max money guy and he is making that painfully obvious to PHI fans. You are absolutely right...he was a product of his environment, and products of your environment players aren't 6.5M players. He is just brutal. He is almost invisible on the ice excpet when PHI gets scored on and you see him skate to the bench. And you are so correct on Richards who is a complete player. PHI made a dumb move unless they can surround him with 2 great players and find those great players somewhere.

And Vaz- people were excited to have him because i don't think anyone knew how piss poor he was without Gretzky and Esposito on his wings. He is a minus 20 something, he has no points in 5 of L6 games and only has 1 multipoint game in his last 16 games. I would say when you are paying a guy 6.5M, as a fan, you sure as heck have every right to expect more out of him. When you've lost 6 in a row and not only isn't your big money guy carring you, he's one of the worst guys on the ice most nights....that won't cut it......

Biron and Briere can load their mini-van up and head the freek back to BUF for all i care. Big wastes of money.

Comment

Totally agree. When I herd this past summer the contract that briere got I was like woooooooooooooooooooowww....same guy who was on friggin waivers prior to his buffalo days.....can we blame him for taking the money though.....hell no....just like buffalo is regretting the whole vanek contract. welcome to the new nhl.

Comment

and your right. i dont think it matters if a player is making 2 million, or 8 million. as a fan, we have the right to judge them. what it comes down to is that the prices we pay for the tickets end up feeding there inflated salaries....

Comment

all this briere talk has got me all fired up on how briere would always say the right thing, or what has to be done, but he would go out and play like a soft puss.... just read that if gagne is out for a extended period of time, that might effect your boy forspussy to decide where he wants to go... hearing minny is the front runner currently....

Comment

Richards has some help on the way i believe.....James vanRiemsdyk... could potentially be the next Rick Nash type of player...

Comment

all this briere talk has got me all fired up on how briere would always say the right thing, or what has to be done, but he would go out and play like a soft puss.... just read that if gagne is out for a extended period of time, that might effect your boy forspussy to decide where he wants to go... hearing minny is the front runner currently....
                PHI is stuck with him. I think the thinking was he would play with Gagne and now that Gagne is out of the lineup he is about as worthwhile as a 4th line centerman. But he isn't even any good on the PP when he is out there with Richards, Timmonen, Knuble etc........he is in all honesty about a 3.5M player a year. But as you said, can't blame him for taking the money. Wish PHI could unload him at the trade deadline...lol....

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                  Wish PHI could unload him at the trade deadline...lol....
                  lol... little over a week away till the trade deadline... really wondering if any big trades will go down...herd a rumor today on espn that rob blake wants to join the ducks?? sure blake is 72 years past his prime, but that would have to give the ducks one of the best backends in recent memory.... blake as your #4 or 5... niedermayer pronger schneider beauchemin blake....:beer2:

Comment

lol... little over a week away till the trade deadline... really wondering if any big trades will go down...herd a rumor today on espn that rob blake wants to join the ducks?? sure blake is 72 years past his prime, but that would have to give the ducks one of the best backends in recent memory.... blake as your #4 or 5... niedermayer pronger schneider beauchemin blake....:beer2:
                    only reason is because he lives in SoCal and it would be just as far from his house to go play there as it would be LAK. I just don't know if the LAK would trade him to the Ducks. Kind of don't see that happening as those teams hate each other UNLESS the LAK felt that they were getting the best of the deal.

Hossa is the big name out there. Apparently his agent isn't even negotiating and it's kind of apparent Hossa wants out of ATL even, though, he publicly hasn't said anything. Should be interesting, as usual. But in all honestly, none of these deadline deals ever mean **** and the team giving up the player usually gets the much better end of it. Just look at PHI last year shipping Forsberg to Nashville, Tckhachuk to Atlanta, Smyth to NYI...none of those trades panned out and all 3 teams lost in the first round.

Comment

true.... Hossa turned down a 5 year 35 mil offer from ATL... another example of one of those one sided players... sure he will net 40+ goals, but he plays no defense... 57 games played, 53 points, and yet, a -12....

Comment

Kovalchuk is the future captain of that ATL team...wonder if Hossa has a deal sharing the lime light with him....

Comment

dammmm....watching the van/edm game.... talk about two teams hating each other.....

Comment

PHI is just fking awful......just atrocious............6 straight losses after tonight....

Briere is such a piece of SHIAT it's not funny....he is really completely and utterly worthless...

wooohoo PHI, congrats on 6 straight losses....here's to 6 more.......:beerbang:

Comment

little danny got a shot on goal..........yaaaaaaaaay dannyyyy........:beerbang: :laughing:

fking piece of overrated ****........

Comment

Working...
                              X