Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL tuesday with flmmkrz

Vancouver +129 x 2 units

riding my team again tonight. Should've had them last game and a good chance here as the boys are playing as good as they have all season as of late. Wild are also struggling a bit, they're winning but they're coughing up leads and having to rely on getting goals to bail them out, not traditional wild hockey and against this nucks team thats getitng closer to its shut down style it wont be as easy to pull comebacks. The surge for the playoffs continues...

Gl all
    Last edited by flmmkrz; 02-19-2008, 06:43 PM.

typical vancouver first period. Dominate play, get a soft penalty against and a harmless flick at the net bounces off one of our dmen and into the net. Down 1-0 going into the 2nd. On top of it another home call as Koivu and Ritchie are going at each other and Ritchies the only one that leaves with a penalty. UGH

Comment

If you want to talk about "home calls"...look no further than the Oil/Nucks game on saturday night. One of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. Total crap IMO.

Gl flmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
        If you want to talk about "home calls"...look no further than the Oil/Nucks game on saturday night. One of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. Total crap IMO.

Gl flmm...
        It was a terribly called game I'll agree but it went both ways that night. Cookes hit missed call, kesler getting elbowed missed call. It was ugly all around.

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
          It was a terribly called game I'll agree but it went both ways that night. Cookes hit missed call, kesler getting elbowed missed call. It was ugly all around.
          I have to seriously disagree. The Nucks had 9 powerplays to the Oilers 2. That's crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
            I have to seriously disagree. The Nucks had 9 powerplays to the Oilers 2. That's crap!
            im with Angelus, nothing evened out in that one. It was really an ugly game, IMO with lots of cheap shots. That was just an awfuly officiated game.

but there have been a lot of them. I watched i forget what game it was the other night (im watching wayyyy too much hockey these days...lol) but....oh i remember, PHX/CAL where they waived off a PHX goal late due to "goaltender interference" which it wasn't because the PHX player was shoved into Kipper and was actually trying to avoid him. And then they didn't call a penalty on the guy for goaltender interference.....:dunno:...if you call it, it has to be a penalty. Goaltender interference is a 2 minute minor...and they didn't call it and yet waved off the goal and never took a look upstairs. Want to talk about totally fking up a play.........

i was also watching i think last weeekend and a player skated right behind the net and caught a stick right in the face and the ref was actually staring at the play (it was pretty obvious too...) and didn't call it and the guy way out near center ice had to make the call.....problem is that there are still some very veteran guys in the league officiating who call it the way they want, and then there is beginning to be an influx of young/rookie types who seem to want to call everything. They seem to call the ticky tack **** and then miss the big stuff.

i also saw a game last week where penalties were like 7-0 in favor of 1 team after 2 periods. so you mean to tell me that the other team didn't commit a single penalty in 2 periods in the "new nhl"???...not one slash, cross check, interference etc.......

and BTW...you know who seems to really get screwed is Gretzky. I have seen more bad calls go against him in the last month. Not sure if it's coincidence or they don't like him. but he has royally gotten hosed several times with late calls against him that have decided hockey games........really bad interference call last week with 3 minutes left at Dallas and then the PHX guy puts a puck in the crowd for a 5 on 3 and they lose 2-1....it never should have been a DAL PP or come to that 5 on 3.......then down 3-1 the other night at CAL they had that PP goal waived off with 3 to go.......
            Last edited by FlyersFan; 02-21-2008, 01:15 AM.
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Gretzky for Coach of the Year, IMO..... (if the dogs make the PLos)

Comment

Working...
              X