Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Friday NHL >>>

YTD: 83-111, -75.34 Units

Coming off a rare big win Wednesday....looking to get some more winning days in the second half...

Flames +105 vs Red Wings
    Got this one in early, as I was watching for an opening line, hoping for a plus number. This line should really be Calgary -130 or so, but we get a homedog because of Detroit's perceived dominance, and overall record. But in actuality, they are a team that has been struggling badly the past 2 weeks, and one win over a depleted Avs team does not warrant road fav status against the Flames, IMO. Detroit has suspect goaltending, have huge injury problems on defence (especially now with the leagues best Dman going down), and are mainly a one-line team. I like Calgary to put their good checking line against Zetteberg/Datsyuk, and also give them a regular dose of Phaneuf & Regehr. The Flames are coming off 2 solid wins, and look to have Iginla going again. Liking the Flames.

3 Units

GL :thumbs:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-21-2008, 04:06 PM.

you borrow that calendar from superskins or el luvez del spoonie....:dunno:...or is the game actually Friday?

GL!.....plus no Lidstrom, Rafalski or that other guy.....:thumbs:.....
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

lol...yup, it's Friday....I was just looking at this one since Wednesday, and put the play in after the opening line, so I thought I'd go ahead and post it.
      And hey...I don't want to wait, and have the line move 20 cents then have "someone" accuse me of posting a bunk line! :laughing:

Yeah...they were already playing poor defensive hockey recently, and are now without their 3 best defenseman. Plus Lidstrom plays so much, and is always on the ice in critical times, I think they are going to continue to struggle even more without him. Add that too Osgood's recent weak play, and it's a tough matchup in Calgary, IMO....especially as a road fav (or pick'em now). The Wings seem to get the Yankees kind of line treatment, where the logo on the sweater affects the number. No way they should have opened as a road fav in this one in the middle of a funk, with bigtime injuries, and playing a pretty good team like Calgary. but I guess the books know they will always get Detroit money regardless, so they could still make them a fav in this spot.
      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-21-2008, 04:31 PM.

Comment

You know none of these guys are really hurt. Just using the big cushion they built to rest some players:laughing:

Osgood has not played well but he hasn't played nearly as bad as the stats show. The defense has really taken a **** lately. And it ain't gonna get any better with Norris Nick out.

GL!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          YTD: 83-111, -75.34 Units

Coming off a rare big win Wednesday....looking to get some more winning days in the second half...

Flames +105 vs Red Wings
          Got this one in early, as I was watching for an opening line, hoping for a plus number. This line should really be Calgary -130 or so, but we get a homedog because of Detroit's perceived dominance, and overall record. But in actuality, they are a team that has been struggling badly the past 2 weeks, and one win over a depleted Avs team does not warrant road fav status against the Flames, IMO. Detroit has suspect goaltending, have huge injury problems on defence (especially now with the leagues best Dman going down), and are mainly a one-line team. I like Calgary to put their good checking line against Zetteberg/Datsyuk, and also give them a regular dose of Phaneuf & Regehr. The Flames are coming off 2 solid wins, and look to have Iginla going again. Liking the Flames.

3 Units

GL :thumbs:

:beerbang: :beerbang: ....hung a SO on your ass............:laughing:.......it was my first of the season....:laughing:

Comment

12 hours of hockey on tomorrow....10AM-10PM PST....:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
              :beerbang: :beerbang: ....hung a SO on your ass............:laughing:.......it was my first of the season....:laughing:
              Glad you did! :beerbang:

Comment

12 hours of hockey on tomorrow....10AM-10PM PST....:beerbang:
                but I'm struggling to find any decent play. Might be a light one for me...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                  but I'm struggling to find any decent play. Might be a light one for me...
                  yeah, stuff that stood out was not much

Dallas and Nashville over5 i thought was good value today. DET +100 at Vancouver was good value, as well, IMO. Kind of was liking CAR and believe it or not PHI today. But laying -140 for PHI right now is not smart. I do think if there is a game they win it's today vs. the Panthers. Jokinen hasn't been playing well due to supposed trade rumors and they are coughing up leads like they're water. But yeah, not a good card with 15 games which is surprising.

Comment

yeah, stuff that stood out was not much

Dallas and Nashville over5 i thought was good value today. DET +100 at Vancouver was good value, as well, IMO. Kind of was liking CAR and believe it or not PHI today. But laying -140 for PHI right now is not smart. I do think if there is a game they win it's today vs. the Panthers. Jokinen hasn't been playing well due to supposed trade rumors and they are coughing up leads like they're water. But yeah, not a good card with 15 games which is surprising.
                    I like that Dal/Nas Over...I think Nashville wins that one about 5-3/5-2. But I dosagree with Det...I love the "nuckers tonight.....horrible spot for the big bad Wings, IMO. I looked at Philly...and they likely win, but much like last game, I cannot play them as a big fav.....seems like the books are making them favs because they are due...but that's not a reason to lay a number like that with a horrible team. Philly and Toronto should not be big favs tonight against anyone!

Comment

Working...
                    X