• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Monday >>>

YTD: 86-114, -72.53 Units

Senators -210
    vs Leafs - 4 Units
    Fading the Leafs again...they were able to cash at home against the equally horrible Thrashers on Saturday, but they will likely not be able to beat the Sens in Ottawa, a place where they usually get smoked. Ottawa is finally healthy, and are looking to hold off the Habs and Devils for the #1 seed. They'll take care of their rival easily, IMO. Leafs blow on the road...

Maybe I get lucky, and the Leafs sell off a couple key players before gamtime! lol :thumbs:

Sabres -170 vs Flyers - 3 Units
    Philly in tough....they're playing terrible...and now add to their huge injury problems losing their best player, Richards. Buffalo playing better recently, and are looking to squeak into the playoffs....they need this one....and have won both games over Philly this year...

GL :cheers:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-25-2008, 10:36 AM. Reason: Added the Sabres

well sundin isn't going anywhere. i really wonder if he is going to hang it up after this year? he seemingly isn't interested in signing a long term deal with TOR, but doesn't want to leave TOR either....:dunno:.......

Tuesday should be interesting. my list of big name guys i think that are on the move for sure now......

Jokinen
    Hossa
    BRichards
    Boyle

I think McCabe would be moved if anyone would take that gosh awful contract which is going to be tough.

GL!...:thumbs:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Yup...he's staying....too bad...apparantely Anaheim was real interested, and they have that Edmonton #1 pick....that would have meant 2 Leaf picks in the top 3 or 4 in a very good draft this summer....with 2 future superstars right at the top.

Looks like BRichards is gone for sure, but Boyle is resigning, IMO.
      Hossa likely gone as well (montreal?)
      Campbell out there too...

You won't like this....but I'm hearing McCabe to Philly. lol! He has a no-trade, but would accept a deal to NY-area team. Apparantely Toronto and Philly had a deal done with Kaberle for Carter and a 1st rounder....but Kaberle used his no-trade. Mcabe would be the replacement, but would only cost Carter straight up. Philly is really pushing hard for a top 2 defenceman.

Should be ineteresting...but Ferguson really screwed up a rebuilding plan for the LEafs giving out all those no-trade deals. Leafs want to dump Sundin, Tucker, Kubina, Mcabe, Kaberle....but all have no-trades. I mean...I can see Mats having no-trade....he's the star....but he gave Kubina a no-trade??? lmao.
      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-25-2008, 10:38 AM.

Comment

i usually catch XM 204 hockey talk when im out driving around and that's all they've been talking about is this "no trade" stuff and how it is just rediculous.

Also, Richards being out 3-4 weeks changes everything. Why would you trade for help on the blue line for a playoff push and then give away 1 of your 2 remaining centermen. Adding McCabe and getting rid of Carter actually makes them worse off over the next 4 weeks, so i don't see the point in trading for him. Unless i guess you are putting up the white flag on the season and you want McCabe long term and you don't want carter. But if you're trading with the hopes of making the playoffs, no way you trade Carter now with Richards out. Wouldn't add up

Comment

I agree...doesn't make sense at all....probably not true...most writers just throw **** out there to fill space...I bet 20% of the stuff out there has merit....lol...

nice job by Kipper for you in the pool....I had excellent goalie stats last week, and lost all 3 goalie catagories...lol....and also lost FOs and shots by one in each category....lol! unlucky week...

Comment

Personally, I don't think Jokinen is going anywhere. Hossa will be moved.

GL tonight JML. Not sure I'd put that much on the Sens...you just never know how the whole Sundin refusing to waive his NTC may affect that team...

Comment

JML- you beat me by 1 goal and 1 assist and got like 400 points yesterday from all 9 of your ducks players so i think it evened out. But yeah, was a good battle. Losing Richards hurts my squad. He is out for probably 4 weeks which is the last 2 weeks of the season and then the first 2 playoff rounds, and by then PHI will be done so i wouldn't be surprised to see them shut him down for hte season. Torn Hammy is not like a hangnail. No sense if risking furhter injury. Probably will drop him this week. Freeking Gagne and now Richards on my squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                Not sure I'd put that much on the Sens...you just never know how the whole Sundin refusing to waive his NTC may affect that team...

Comment

The Sabres give up a 3-0 lead on home ice against a team that has lost 10 straight?? What a joke! The NHL is just ridiculous this year...

Comment

Lol....yeah, serious Ang....I don't know how many teams I've bet on in pucks this year that have blown 3+ goal leads....seems like alot....once I saw 3-3, I knew it was over, and stopped checking the score...

Can't wait till baseball....NHL is capping suicide, and basketball is unwatchable...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post

Can't wait till baseball....NHL is capping suicide, and basketball is unwatchable...

hasn't been the same since the "new NHL" came into being. Used to be a great sport to cap. I made tons of money in the NHL in the late 90's through the lockout.

i mean how do you lose a 3-0 lead to PHI....and at home no less....but then again, how does PHI fail to clear a puck with :04 left the other night and get scored on and then lose in OT.

and what up with OTT getting skunked at home tonight. i am not going to play anything over about -130...you just can't anymore.

Comment

Briere of all people to win in the shootout lol. just your luck jml.

Comment

Working...
                        X