X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my nuckers thursday

down 2-0 with a third to go. Live betting:

+700 x 1 unit

Really didnt see them getting past the 1st round even if they made it. They just dont have anough scoring after the 1st line. Even Naslund has ony 55 PTS as there 3rd scoring option. Nonis has some work to do this offseason bringing in some players to score and make Luongo's life a bit easier.

They should also think of getting a back up goalie, they dont feel confortable with Sanford or else he would have played a little more. Luongo needs some rest and time off every once in a while to keep him sharp, he looked mentally fatigued late in the seson.

Well at least Mats Sundin has some fellow sweeds he can meet on the golf course now since we know he'd much rather golf then play post season hockey lol.
    Predictem Record: (1 unit=$25)
    NHL TOTAL---> 21-17-0 (+10.47 units)
    CBB TOTAL---> 21-21-1 (-4.72 units)
    CFB TOTAL---> 0-0-0
    NBA TOTAL---> 0-0-0
    ---------------------------------------------------
    2010 TOTAL--->42-38-1 (5.75 units)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    2009 TOTAL--->198-177-9 (+7.62 units)

Comment

Wow...couple issues here...

Originally posted by Leafs3113 View Post

They should also think of getting a back up goalie, they dont feel confortable with Sanford or else he would have played a little more. Luongo needs some rest and time off every once in a while to keep him sharp, he looked mentally fatigued late in the seson.
      That's the least of their worries. lmao. A backup goalie? Really? Luongo has played 75 games a year since he joined the league, and has always thrived on getting that kind of workload. Same thing with Brodeur. If he was "mentally fatigued" it was because his wife was having complications in a pregnancy at the end of the year. Plus Sanford had a good year statistically anyway, so it's a non-issue. Probably the 50th thing on their minds right now. lol.

Originally posted by Leafs3113 View Post
      Well at least Mats Sundin has some fellow sweeds he can meet on the golf course now since we know he'd much rather golf then play post season hockey lol.
      Sundin would much rather golf? He was the only player on the whole team that seemed to give a **** this year (save maybe Toskala & Kaberle), had a great year staistically, and was by far the Leafs MVP and best player. Ridiculoous comment.

Comment

I agree with jml the back ups a non issue. Coach V would've played Sanford more if Lui had come to him and said gimme a night off but he's a workhorse who wants every game. He's able to handle it for the most part but I think the combo of that and his wifes complicated pregnancy made it a tough season for him. I think he comes back with a vengence next year, little good it does me this year.

Nonis has tons of work to do this offseason, if I had my wish he wouldn't get the chance. I'm not a fan of coach v's defensive system but Nonis hired him and saddled him with players up front that aren't a fit for his system. 2 straight offseasons with the same problems and the answers are more 4th line plugs. This offseason has virtually nobody of worth available, Hossa wants 10 mill +, that's a monster contract with the contracts this team has, spots it needs to fill and the players its going to need to re-sign in the next couple seasons. Rolston isn't gonna leave minny. Malone for 3.5-4 mill? Nazzy would come back for cheaper. Aside from Hossa the best free agents available may be vancouvers which sucks.

I don't like to lump players together and say all 'Euro' are too soft cause it's not true but I will say the ones we have up front are and don't particularily seem like they care all that much. I've about reached my limit with this team and would love to see a concerted effort to bring in players of whatever nationality that play good ole canadian hockey and push this cycling shyt the way of the dodo. I would be working the phones trying to move the Sedins this summer before they start asking for 5-6 mill a piece next summer and they're unmovable and pull this same disappearing act for another few years.

Comment

:thumbs:
          Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
          I agree with jml the back ups a non issue. Coach V would've played Sanford more if Lui had come to him and said gimme a night off but he's a workhorse who wants every game. He's able to handle it for the most part but I think the combo of that and his wifes complicated pregnancy made it a tough season for him. I think he comes back with a vengence next year, little good it does me this year.

Nonis has tons of work to do this offseason, if I had my wish he wouldn't get the chance. I'm not a fan of coach v's defensive system but Nonis hired him and saddled him with players up front that aren't a fit for his system. 2 straight offseasons with the same problems and the answers are more 4th line plugs. This offseason has virtually nobody of worth available, Hossa wants 10 mill +, that's a monster contract with the contracts this team has, spots it needs to fill and the players its going to need to re-sign in the next couple seasons. Rolston isn't gonna leave minny. Malone for 3.5-4 mill? Nazzy would come back for cheaper. Aside from Hossa the best free agents available may be vancouvers which sucks.

I don't like to lump players together and say all 'Euro' are too soft cause it's not true but I will say the ones we have up front are and don't particularily seem like they care all that much. I've about reached my limit with this team and would love to see a concerted effort to bring in players of whatever nationality that play good ole canadian hockey and push this cycling shyt the way of the dodo. I would be working the phones trying to move the Sedins this summer before they start asking for 5-6 mill a piece next summer and they're unmovable and pull this same disappearing act for another few years.
          Hey Flmmkrz!!! Sedins are going nowhere, I think what needs to happen is naslund, linden, ritchie, isbister, all gone. I would like to see sedins on second line, bring a top 1st line players like Hossa or Demitra, put them on first line. I think a big player name could come via trade route not so much unrestricted free agency. I think this salary cap is looking stupid now , the way it keeps going up every year, what was the fight about if the cap is going to go up to over 51 million next year. I just hope first line is going to be players different than sedin. Imagine sedins on second line that would be best second line in league nobody can stop them. I don't think against second pairing defencemen. Not happening.

Comment

People in this town are dumping on dave nonis, but realistically his hands were really tied, plus before last year canucks made playoffs everybody expected them to miss the playoffs for like two years because of rebuilding, whay happened last year was they overachieved, way over. The expectation was raised and look what happen pressure got to them. They simply weren't good enough as a team to make it. They have some great peaces but you know what this team looked scared and within themselves down deep they knew they weren't good enough. Plus the way this team is constructed from goaltending and defence, they were going to have difficulty scoring. When a team sufferes as many injuries to their defence its going to really effect your team, maybe earlier in season it didn't show as much, thats because luongo was playing superb, when he is only good it is hard to hide these injuries.:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by nadermen View Post
              :thumbs:

Hey Flmmkrz!!! Sedins are going nowhere, I think what needs to happen is naslund, linden, ritchie, isbister, all gone. I would like to see sedins on second line, bring a top 1st line players like Hossa or Demitra, put them on first line. I think a big player name could come via trade route not so much unrestricted free agency. I think this salary cap is looking stupid now , the way it keeps going up every year, what was the fight about if the cap is going to go up to over 51 million next year. I just hope first line is going to be players different than sedin. Imagine sedins on second line that would be best second line in league nobody can stop them. I don't think against second pairing defencemen. Not happening.
              Hey Nader,

I don't think the Sedins will go anywhere either and I am fully behind them becoming a legit 2nd line but with the ufas on the market there isn't much out there to create a top line that would step ahead of the twins. Given Bieksas pay raise kicking in you'd be blowing 3/4 of your budget on hossa if you bring him in and Demitras only good if he has talent to play with so you could bring him in but you'd need to keep Nazzy as he may be the next best sniper after Hossa left on the ufa market. Or you poach an rfa and Nonis doesn't have the stones to do that. You could go the trade route but really what is of value? Bourdons shown he can play but he certainly hasn't established himself enough to be considered a valued asset. Schneider finally is putting it together so he's worth something. Raymond? we could move him but he's cheap and we need young cheap talent. Bieksas trade value is shyt given his play since signing the contract, the injury and play following it. You could move him but from last year when you could've gotten a top 6 forward for him to now where you'll have to throw in more to get that. Edler has the value but Nonis has no intention of moving him. Keslers finally a player whose developed in the system and turning into a real player, he's a non moveable asset to me unless he brings in a huge upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by nadermen View Post
                People in this town are dumping on dave nonis, but realistically his hands were really tied, plus before last year canucks made playoffs everybody expected them to miss the playoffs for like two years because of rebuilding, whay happened last year was they overachieved, way over. The expectation was raised and look what happen pressure got to them. They simply weren't good enough as a team to make it. They have some great peaces but you know what this team looked scared and within themselves down deep they knew they weren't good enough. Plus the way this team is constructed from goaltending and defence, they were going to have difficulty scoring. When a team sufferes as many injuries to their defence its going to really effect your team, maybe earlier in season it didn't show as much, thats because luongo was playing superb, when he is only good it is hard to hide these injuries.:thumbs:
                I'm dumping on him cause he deserves it. His hands were tied cause he tied them. Everyone ripped on John Ferguson Jr for all his no trade clauses check out nonis handywork. He handed them out to every dman on the roster. The injuries were bad luck but had this team stayed healthy he couldn't even have dealt from a position of strength because of the contracts he'd handed out. We may not have been as good as last year in terms of results, but we were probably a better team this year on paper if healthy but the problems of the last few seasons still remained and Nonis did nothing to address them. He's banked on having all this money off the books this summer to make moves to shape his team and the ufa markets all dry. He's tried to rebuild this teams farm system and we've got prospects that very few teams are interested in. His calculated risks have virtually all missed. He gets Luongo on a platter and has been living on that trade ever since. I don't see what he's done that's earned him the right of escaping the axe or criticism. He's brought all this on himself.

Comment

Working...
                X