Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML 2008 Playoffs 1st Round Series Plays >>>

Penguins -254 vs Senators
    Penguins should have way to much for one of the NHL's worst 2nd half teams this year. Also...without their best offensive player (Alfie) and best 2-way player (Fisher), as well as their struggles in net, I don't see how this isn't over quick for Ottawa.

Rangers -120 vs Devils
    NY owned NJ in the regular season for a reason. The Devils cannot score, and that will bite you in the playoffs. NJ one of the lowest scoring teams in the NHL, and are usually bailed out by Brodeur...only problem is, the Rangers have an equally good goalie in their net, and have more veterans and scoring up front.

Avalanche +100 vs Wild
    Minnesota plays a defensive style, but I just thing Colorado has too many veterans, and too many scorers for the Wild to keep up. Minny is too young in net, and all around to compete, IMO...

2 Units Each

GL :thumbs:

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
    Rangers -120 vs Devils
    NY owned NJ in the regular season for a reason. The Devils cannot score, and that will bite you in the playoffs. NJ one of the lowest scoring teams in the NHL, and are usually bailed out by Brodeur...only problem is, the Rangers have an equally good goalie in their net, and have more veterans and scoring up front.
    Easy dude, Lundquist is as good as Brodeur? He's has a ways to go before he's on that level, big guy. How many playoff games has Henrik won? A handful maybe. How many series has he won? 2, maybe 3 (not sure)?

Also, yea NYR beat the Devs 7-1 during the regular season, but many of those games were one goal victories and a few went to OT and shutouts I think too.

Should be an interesting series, definitely a toss up.

BOL :thumbs:

Comment

LOL...come on Cuse....I obviously mean he has played just as good THIS YEAR. Of course Broduer has the better playoffs wins and career numbers...he's played like 15 more years! Their stats were almost identical this year, with Lundqvist actually having more shutouts (9-4). And for the record, Lundqvist's playoffs stats last year (his first real shot at a playoff run) were unbelievable with a 2.07 GAA, and a .924 SP...just sick. You're living on Marty's past glory. He hasn't taken his team past the 2nd round in 4 years.

I was just pointing out that unlike most matchups....the Devils have a decided advantage in net, and they can overcome their lack of scoring with this advantage. BUT in this matchup, as seen during the regular season, Lundqvist has matched Marty's play, and as a result, NY was able to win almost every game.

Rangers have the better skaters, alot more scoring, and I think NJ is over-rated, and I see NY winning this in 5 or 6...

GL!

Comment

gl jml

Comment

LOL...come on Cuse....I obviously mean he has played just as good THIS YEAR. Of course Broduer has the better playoffs wins and career numbers...he's played like 15 more years! Their stats were almost identical this year, with Lundqvist actually having more shutouts (9-4). And for the record, Lundqvist's playoffs stats last year (his first real shot at a playoff run) were unbelievable with a 2.07 GAA, and a .924 SP...just sick. You're living on Marty's past glory. He hasn't taken his team past the 2nd round in 4 years.

I was just pointing out that unlike most matchups....the Devils have a decided advantage in net, and they can overcome their lack of scoring with this advantage. BUT in this matchup, as seen during the regular season, Lundqvist has matched Marty's play, and as a result, NY was able to win almost every game.

Rangers have the better skaters, alot more scoring, and I think NJ is over-rated, and I see NY winning this in 5 or 6...

GL!
          :ba:

I know, I was just screwing with ya. Brodeur is still more than sharp though. Gonna be a battle. Doc Emerick just said on WFAN that home ice in the 4/5 series is statistically very significant (Elias Sports Bureau told him). I have no idea the exact numbers though, he didn't say.

He also picked Sharks vs Penguins final.
          Last edited by CuseFan10; 04-09-2008, 02:12 PM.

Comment

GL JML, as long as the Pens can shake their Ottawa complex they should cruise. I'm heading to my first playoff game tonight and I'll be rootin for ya to go up 1-0 :beerbang:

Word is Murry will do all he can to ensure he never has a confident goalie is in net as he will go with Emery in game 2 if Gerber doesn't win in game 1. I hope that lispy bastard takes a puck to groin during the series :beer2:

Comment

O-man playoff season is here. GL this playoffs.
              Predictem Record: (1 unit=$25)
              NHL TOTAL---> 21-17-0 (+10.47 units)
              CBB TOTAL---> 21-21-1 (-4.72 units)
              CFB TOTAL---> 0-0-0
              NBA TOTAL---> 0-0-0
              ---------------------------------------------------
              2010 TOTAL--->42-38-1 (5.75 units)
              ---------------------------------------------------
              2009 TOTAL--->198-177-9 (+7.62 units)

Comment

GL!

Not to mention that the Devils don't have any sort of home ice advantage. Will they fill the stands at any point in this series? :beer2:

Comment

Really like the break down and the picks for each one.
                  was at the quins game last night and looks like that sens complex could be gone IMO. Not to mention for the 24 games i have been to this season i have never heard mellon arena that loud...
                  I will be throwing big on all pens home games.

Like the rangers, and avs!

BOL JML!
                  Everyday Is A Great Day for Hockey:party:

Comment

Nice..all 3 won game 1. :thumbs:

ChickMeng...yeah, forget about that complex...the Pens know they are the better team, they know Ottawa was brutal in the 2nd half of the year, and they know they are missing 2 of their most important players on the team. I'd be surprised if Ottawa wins 1 game. I was really surprised the Pens weren't -400 for the series. Ottawa is toast.

Nitts....yeah, and it even looked like 1/2 the building was Rangers fans last night....in Jersey! Lundqvist out-played Brodeur...go figure. :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                      Not to mention that the Devils don't have any sort of home ice advantage. Will they fill the stands at any point in this series? :beer2:
                      They filled it all season, big guy. There's a definite home ice advantage there now. I'm not trying to say it's Montreal or Minnesota or something, but there is a home ice advantage now in the new building. I went to 2 Rangers/Devils regular season games and they were packed. The only seats that aren't usually filled are the boxes, but for the playoffs one would think even those are being used (even though they are sold out every game regardless). I think I made this point before, and I know you're poking fun at the Devils typically horrid attendance, but the black seats you see on TV often look empty because you can stand at the bar/eatery ('Fire' on one side and 'Ice' on the other) and watch the game and eat and drink. The seats look empty but hte people are there. They can just get up and move around and still see from great views. My friend went yesterday and said it was mobbed. Problem is, there's probably 5,000 Ranger fans there.

:thumbs:
                      Last edited by CuseFan10; 04-10-2008, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Penguins -254 vs Senators
                        Penguins should have way to much for one of the NHL's worst 2nd half teams this year. Also...without their best offensive player (Alfie) and best 2-way player (Fisher), as well as their struggles in net, I don't see how this isn't over quick for Ottawa.

Rangers -120 vs Devils

Avalanche +100 vs Wild
                        Minnesota plays a defensive style, but I just thing Colorado has too many veterans, and too many scorers for the Wild to keep up. Minny is too young in net, and all around to compete, IMO...

2 Units Each
                        3-0 on Series plays :beerbang:

Comment

Very nice work JML. Can't wait for round 2 to get started. Should be some pretty interesting match ups.:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                          X