• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Sunday >>>

NHL Playoffs YTD: 1-1, -3.05 Units

******* Ducks blow...

Sharks/Flames OVER 4.5 -124
    5 of the 6 games these two played this year went over this number...

2 Units

GL :thumbs:

Like the Over.

Ya, the Ducks don't care...I don't blame them.

Comment

NHL Playoffs YTD: 2-1, -1.44 Units

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
        Like the Over.

Ya, the Ducks don't care...I don't blame them.
        :dunno: The Ducks don't care and you don't blame them? It's the Stanley Cup ******* Playoffs for chrissakes!! And they're the defending champ. They sure as hell do care, they're just being out played.

Anyway, good call JML, Kipper almost let you get that over in the first couple minutes :laughing:

Awesome game to watch though, with one of my favorite players, Dion Phaneuf making some huge plays. :thumbs:

Comment

They are being outplayed because they don't care. Why should they? It's not like we can't beat Dallas. We have kicked them out of the playoff almost every year for the last couple of years. Including a sweep and a near shutout when we lost in Game 7 to NJ in the finals.

People think that these players care, and beat themselves up after the game if they don't play well. They won it last year, they are over it.

As long as they are getting paid they are prefectly fine with it.

I wish that wasn't the case, but that's what I see. Before it even started Getz and Nied were at the Angel game getting drunk with smiles on their faces, while Jiggy is out promoting his real estate "Jiggy's Loft" by the stadium. I could name a bunch more. They aren't hitting practice like they did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
            Awesome game to watch though, with one of my favorite players, Dion Phaneuf making some huge plays. :thumbs:
            Phaneuf is so overrated. He was on the ice for all THREE of the early Sharks goals and looked completely lost out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
              Phaneuf is so overrated. He was on the ice for all THREE of the early Sharks goals and looked completely lost out there.
              He just turned 23, cut him a little slack.

Comment

yea, I wouldn't exactly call Phaneuf over-rated....I'd actually go more on the lines of one of the better defensemen in the nhl
                To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                  Is he not statistically one of the Top 5 defenseman in the NHL? He led all NHL defenseman in game winning goals and shots on goal and tied for first in power play goals. He was 5th in points with a solid +/- of 12. Not to mention he's a physically imposing defenseman and had 182 PIM's.

If you are starting a team today, what defenseman are you choosing 1st over him (taking age into account)?

Comment

Yup...I disagree with Ang too....it usually takes years for a young defenseman to develop to anything decent....at 23 he is already solidly a top 10 D-man, and will be top 3 in a few years....pretty tough to find a guy with toughness AND offensive skills like he has...
                    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-14-2008, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                      Yup...I disagree with Ang too....it usually takes years for a young defenseman to develop to anything decent....at 23 he is already solidly a top 10 D-man, and will be top 3 in a few years....pretty tough to find a guy with toughness AND offensive skills like he has...
                      I agree 100%. It is pretty rare that you find a guy like Phaneuf that brings it to both ends at such a high level.

And saying that "he was on the ice for all 3 goals!" means he's bad, doesn't fly with me. Ryan Whitney was on the ice for all 4 of the Pens goals in Game 1 against Ottawa, that still doesn't make him a good defenseman. +/- may be more overrated of a stat than batting average(I'll now hide from Cuse).

Comment

This is exactly what I'm talking about. His rep around the league is that he's this all-star defenceman. He's really not.

Just an opinion. You can all disagree. I'm not going to sit here arguing about it. IMO, he's overrated.

Comment

Working...
                        X