Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prof's NHL Playoffs Wed

ott +160 3 units.

ok, so the pens have dominated this series thus far. here's what i don't get. since 1997, the senators have been swept in the playoffs only twice ('99 & '01)...and if you all remember, the '01 sweep was to toronto, a team that the senators had significant trouble with back then. and still we get a hefty +160, the price seems good.

i'd throw out all that garbage from some of the pitt news guys that the best thing would be for the pens to lose (even if it's ALL in jest) so that they can clinch in front of a home crowd and make some extra cash. that's garbage. they want the rest. you go out to win each time. which brings us to the other side of that conversation that have some saying the sens have already thrown it in (an argument can be made for this when your coach is talking about making major changes for next year in the middle of a series). i don't buy any of that either. fine no cups for these sens, but they've won their share of playoff games in the past.

Ottawa fans are gonna be up for this game. No matter the 0-3 series. good price for a home crowd in a place like ottawa.

Fleury has made some nice saves, but frankly he hasn't dominated (regular season included...game 1, of course, excluded). he's still young and is only in his second go-around of playoff experience. i'm willing to think that he eases up just a bit tonight.

i think we also have to consider the fact that murray is saying he's gonna put THE line together for game 4. i love the fact that those three haven't faced fleury on the same line in this series. injuries and all, i think they'll produce.

it's also not like the sens have been completely out of each and every game in the series. obviously, game 2 is the best example of this, but also consider that the sens were in game 3 at least for 2 full periods. game 1 was a disaster.

no seceret that ott has to stay out of the box. it'll be a quick end if they don't.

another plus to consider in favor of ott, is that the regular season series was 3-1 in favor of ott, with the loss coming in a shootout.

ok. now, why may pitt may kick the crap out of ott? because they can and they have. these guys are for real...still, for me, when it comes down to it, the value here for the sens is just too high to pass up.

GL to all! :thumbs: