NHL Playoffs ROUND 2 Series Prices >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Playoffs ROUND 2 Series Prices >>>

Greeks early lines... (interesting the same seeds in both divisions won round one)

#6 Philadelphia Flyers +170
    #1 Montreal Canadiens -205

#5 New York Rangers +140
    #2 Pittsburgh Penguins -165

#6 Colorado Avalanche +170
    #1 Detroit Red Wings -205

#2 San Jose Sharks -175
    #5 Dallas Stars +150

I'm liking the value in one dog....Colorado. I think the Avs have a big advantage in net, more balanced scoring, and veteran leadership to play tough against a team like Detroit. I'm not buying the Wings as a dominant team at all. Like I've said since mid-season, Osgood & Hasek will be this teams downfall. Avs in 7.

Staying away from the Flyers/Habs series...I think Montreal finds a way to win, but I actually see another 7 game series for the Habs, with the scrappy Flyers a bounce or two away from an upset, but ultimately the home ice being the difference in a Habs win. Mike Richards is the next great captain/leader in this league....too bad he's a Flyer! No Play.

I'm liking 2 faves to cash...Pens & Sharks. I still have these two going to the final. Rangers could be tough with Lundqvist in net, but Pittsburgh just have too much firepower up front, and will find a way to score. As long as Fluery continues to play "good", the Pens will win in 6/7 games. Probably a no play though...as Lundqvist could steal the series over Fluery.

The Stars 1st round win seemed to be more of that team drawing the lacklustre Ducks....and to cap this series, I really have to remember the way Dallas played heading INTO the playoffs...which was in one word, terrible. Dallas will get smoked by San Jose, IMO...probably in 5 games...maybe 4. Biggest mis-match of the 2nd round, IMO...and anything under -200, I was on the Sharks.

Not sure what I'm going to lock in just yet...but I might just stick to Colorado & San Jose.
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-23-2008, 11:44 AM.

Bowmans opening lines...

#6 Philadelphia Flyers +175
    #1 Montreal Canadiens -210

#5 New York Rangers +130
    #2 Pittsburgh Penguins -150

#6 Colorado Avalanche +195
    #1 Detroit Red Wings -235

#2 San Jose Sharks -155
    #5 Dallas Stars +135

Love these lines even better....waiting on Pinnacle....
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-23-2008, 11:46 AM.

Comment

BetUs Lines

Detroit -220/Colorado +175
      Montreal -220/Philadelphia +175
      New York +125/Pittsburgh -155
      Dallas +140/San Jose -170

I am going to definitely play Colorado and Pittsburgh, and lean to Montreal and San Jose but I think there's quite a bit of value in Philly and Dallas so not sure..

Comment

Wow JML, you and I are thinking very differently on this one. I like the Habs and Wings to win easy. I think the Rangers and Stars are live dogs that could upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
          Wow JML, you and I are thinking very differently on this one. I like the Habs and Wings to win easy. I think the Rangers and Stars are live dogs that could upset.
          I agree that the Rangers are certainly a live dog in that series.

But I think the Avs have the best chance of any dog to cash.

The ones I'm leaning to:

Rangers
          Avs
          Sharks
          Habs

Comment

Wings could very well win, and the Habs could smoke the Flyers (esspecially if Biron comes back to earth)...they ARE the #1 seeds after all....and it wouldn't surprise me TOO much if the Rangers are able to pull off an upset on the back of Lundqvist....but there is no way I see Dallas winning that series, and I will be hammering SJ...
            Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-23-2008, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
              Wings could very well win, and the Habs could smoke the Flyers (esspecially if Biron comes back to earth)...they ARE the #1 seeds after all....and it wouldn't surprise me TOO much if the Rangers are able to pull off an upset on the back of Lundqvist....but there is no way I see Dallas winning that series, and I will be hammering SJ...
              Stars went 4-2-2 against the Sharks during the regular season. The Flames took it to 7 games while sometimes only getting 10 shots per game on goal. I think the Stars have a GREAT chance at the upset here especially given SJ's playoff history.

Comment

Stars went 4-2-2 against the Sharks during the regular season. The Flames took it to 7 games while sometimes only getting 10 shots per game on goal. I think the Stars have a GREAT chance at the upset here especially given SJ's playoff history.
                Yeah...looked into season series when I was capping, and at first glance was concerned, but the last Dallas win was a meaningless game on the last day of the season facing Brian Boucher in net, and where SJ rested or limited icetime to most of their big guys...so I threw that game out...so I had it a close series at 3-2-2, and with all of those 3 Dallas wins played in January or earlier in the season, when the Stars were playing some good hockey. In March an April, the Stars went 4-10, then drew what turned out to be the biggest 1st round gift in the Ducks who didn't seem to give two ****s. I think they are perceived as good value because of their early season success (leading to a good overall record), and their series win over the "2007 champs".

But, IMO...they were one of the worst teams in the whole league coming home (where position jockying was crucial to every team), and are outmatched against SJ....a team that went on an 18 of 20 run coming home...and played a much scrappier and hard-working team in the Flames in the 1st round, IMO. As for the Flames "sometimes only getting 10 shots on goal". lol...that happened once in the series, and that was a game, SJ WON, and the Flames averaged 26 shots per game the rest of the series. Anyways...I really doubt SJ is worried about that part of their game (Goaltending and Defence)....with the Vezina nominated Nabokov, and a defence that let in the 3rd least goals against in the regular season!

You take out the first round, or have this matchup in the first round, and SJ is likely a -275 fave in this series. I saw nothing in the 1st round for me to think anything less of SJ (or more of Dallas)...in fact, I liked that they had to battle to win a tough series....so -150 seems like huge value to me...

GL though....hopefully the 2nd round will be as good as the 1st! :beerbang:
                Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-23-2008, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Pinnacle's in....

#6 Philadelphia Flyers +175
                  #1 Montreal Canadiens -185

#5 New York Rangers +139
                  #2 Pittsburgh Penguins -149

#6 Colorado Avalanche +181
                  #1 Detroit Red Wings -196

#2 San Jose Sharks -160
                  #5 Dallas Stars +150

so I grabbed the Bowmans lines.

Comment

You're probably right. The NHL has kicked my ass this year.

I don't know, I guess I'm just waiting for the "same old sharks" to show up. Considering that they were a few minutes from going down 3-1 in that series, I wouldn't count on them to win any series easily right now. Guess we'll see. GL buddy. :thumbs:

Comment

You're probably right. The NHL has kicked my ass this year.

I don't know, I guess I'm just waiting for the "same old sharks" to show up. Considering that they were a few minutes from going down 3-1 in that series, I wouldn't count on them to win any series easily right now. Guess we'll see. GL buddy. :thumbs:
                      Yeah....the Sharks haven't been deep to the playoffs in a while, but neither had other recent finalists like Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, Tampa Bay, etc. The NHL seems to always have a "new" team have "out of the blue" playoff success....maybe it's San Jose's turn? lol. GL man...

Comment

C'mon, ain't no way the Avs gonna beat Detroit. The Wings owned Colorado this year, shut em out 3 times. I see no reason for that to change now. GL on the rest of your plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                          C'mon, ain't no way the Avs gonna beat Detroit. The Wings owned Colorado this year, shut em out 3 times. I see no reason for that to change now. GL on the rest of your plays.
                          unbiased opinion I'm sure... :laughing: I see a few reasons Larry...

Regular season means nothing to me....that is NOT the Colorado team the Wings are facing. The Avs did not have......wait for it....Forsberg for any of the 4 games, Sakic for any of the 4 games, Foote for any of the 4 games, Ryan Smyth missed 2 games, and Paul Stastny missed 2 games. Think any of those 5 players make a difference in a playoff series? lmao. Budaj played 2 of those games during the year, and was ****. The 2 games Theodore played he was great (.923 SP). Theodore is playing great right now, and has the advantage over either old man the Wings can put out there.

I have it a close 7 game series...with some good value with Colorado at nearly 2-1...the Avs are not a bunch of young stiffs who have never been there before...that is a team that can beat the over-rated Wings, IMO. Could go either way.

Should be a good one, Larry, I can't wait to watch another chapter in this great rivalry!! :thumbs:
                          Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-23-2008, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X