NHL Playoffs YTD: 9-6, +4.21 Units
    Playoff Series YTD: 3-0, +4.45 Units

Pending Futures to Win Cup (2 Units Each):
    Penguins +1015
    Sharks +765

Round 2:

Avalanche +195 vs Red Wings - 1.5 Units

Sharks -155 vs Stars - 4 Units

Thoughts are in the discussion thread...

GL Everyone...and enjoy the great games! :beerbang:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-24-2008, 08:37 AM.

gl with those JML, was looking at COL as well, they looked very impressive against MIN, and I am starting to have some doubts on this Wings team
    To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
    2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Thanks!

Every talking head on the Canadian sports networks, and all 5 Toronto daily newspapers seemed to come up with one conclusion....RANGERS WILL UPSET THE PENS. I've never seen such a love-in for one team. Every media "expert" I have read or heard talk about round 2....the Rangers seem to be the trendiest upset of all-time. They are a nice little team, but all the Penguins did was BLOWOUT the Senators 4 straight games. They have TWO #1 lines, with 2 centres who are both top 5 players in the league. Think they are just an offensive team? Nope...Fluery's played well, and they have only allowed more than two goals once in their last 10 games overall. Avery was all the talk in round one...but the Pens have a nice little pest themselves in Ruutu. Taking the better team, and going anti-media trendy pick....

Adding...

PENS to win series -145

2 Units
      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-24-2008, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Sens have a great offensive line but the Rangers are the best defensive team left in the east and IMO the best goalie as well. They beat a sound defensive team in the Devils so i think the Rangers can win the series and dont think its such an upset, they did take the season series from the Pens. Gomez has been unreal in the playoffs now if Jagr can do the same , i like the Rangers chances... Great job in the playoffs JML keep it up

Comment

Henrik was not that outstanding in the Devils series, IMHO.

GL JML! On a bunch with you, love the SC futures. Asking my guy about them myself. :thumbs:

Comment

1/2...I agree....NY would not be a huge surprise upset of the first round (especially with the aformentioned media love-in)...I'm just fading that trendy pick....Devils were overrated, IMO....and I knew NY was going to beat them...NJ could not score all year...Pittsburgh CAN, in buckets.....facing the Pens is a MUCH bigger task....I think Sid, Malkin, etc get it done...but yeah, Lundqvist is the wildcard...Jagr is not an elite player anymore....

Cuse...I got those futures pre-playoffs...posted here a few weeks ago...they'll be alot smaller now bro....

GL guys...
            Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-24-2008, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Why do Montreal fans hate Briere so much that they boo him every time he touches the puck?

Comment

Richards :bang:

Can't take a penalty there. Flyers guys Johnson and Clement, especially Clement was adamant saying that it was his shoulder and not his lower body, and wasn't a penalty. I thought it was a penalty. Clemet has been beyond homerliscious tonight, saying Kovalev's first goal was "definitely" above the cross bar with his stick when no one could really tell (even though it looked like it was but still). Then Carter instead of trying to win the ******* face-off dives at it and breaks his stick and the puck leaks out right to Kovalev.

1- When you see that, do you thin kit was a penalty?
                2- Why doesn't Carter ju ttry to win the face-ff instead of trying to stall and diving toward the ice and the puck?

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                  Why do Montreal fans hate Briere so much that they boo him every time he touches the puck?
                  He was a FA outta Buffao .....hometown Montreal boy....they offered him MORE $ than Philly....and he didn't think he could handle the pressure playing as a hometown FA singing in a hockey mad city like Montreal....so he signed with Philly.....as a result, he's a francophone "traitor" so they boo him...

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                    Ottawa fans boo Crosby every time he touches the puck too. It makes absolutely no sense, but they do it.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                      Ottawa fans boo Crosby every time he touches the puck too. It makes absolutely no sense, but they do it.
                      No they don't... not really....maybe they're jealous? :dunno:
                      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-24-2008, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                        No they don't... not really....maybe they're jealous? :dunno:

They don't do it every time he touches the puck like Briere-Montreal or Jagr-Pittsburgh(I'm sure there's others that I can't remember right now) but while watching the series they were certainly booing him when he was touching the puck. I remember specifically asking my friend why they do it, and he had no idea either.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                          They don't do it every time he touches the puck like Briere-Montreal or Jagr-Pittsburgh(I'm sure there's others that I can't remember right now) but while watching the series they were certainly booing him when he was touching the puck. I remember specifically asking my friend why they do it, and he had no idea either.
                          hmmm...yeah, I don't know why that would be...he has nothing to do with that franchise.

Another is the Leafs fans with Alfredson...lol...

Comment

Working...
                          X