NHL Round 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Round 2

Huge First Round win for the Flyers, was very very nervous going into game 7, but that was one hell of a series and both teams played great hockey, and thats why the Stanley Cup Playoffs are the best! Clean series, with both teams playing very aggressive and a lot of checking and the series was very exciting....

Skins-- I know you are the only Caps fan I know on this site, but man your boys looked great in the last 3 games and they really carried the momentum in the last 3 games and had some bad breaks, but that team is 1 good defensemen from being a very very good team...OV, Semin,Backstrom, and Green are great players to have lead ur team...

Only playing 1 series, and I am sure you guys can take a guess who it is going to be:

THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS +160

sorry for the caps and colors but I had to lol....The Flyers are playing very good hockey right now and this team has some great depth, and players like Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Scottie Upshall, Danny Briere, Vinny Prospal, Martin Biron, Kimmo Timmonen, and Brayden Coburn are playing awesame for the Flyers....I just see MTL as a team that isnt playing it's best hockey right now, they struggled with an offensively challenged Bruins team and now they draw a team that has been lighting up the scoreboard, MTL will challenge Philly in ways Washington didnt with their depth at forward, but I expect Stevens to make the right moves and match up Timmoneen and Coburn against the Koivu, Higgins, and Kovalev line...Biron is finally coming into his own, and with the way the Flyers are forechecking and blocking shots, it has benefited Biron who hasnt been giving up many rebounds and has been cutting down angles all over the place...Price is going to have to deal with a Flyers team that is going to pound the net with players coming at and being in front of him all series long, and I think once Knuble comes back and add in other guys like Hartnell should be camping out in front of the net and making life tough for Price... This is going to be a very good series, but I cant pass up the Flyers at this price with the way they are playing.....

4 units
    To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
    2 units=50, etc.. and so on

I love that you are such a diehard fan, but Biron against that PP could get ugly.

Either way, GL :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
      I love that you are such a diehard fan, but Biron against that PP could get ugly.
      How was that PP against the Bruins 1st round?

GL PhillyFan...I think they have a shot at the upset...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
        Pains me to say it, but I agree. Biron was fabulous for the most part against the Caps too. Break out playoffs for Jeff Carter? What a first round series he had, wow....

Comment

GL PhillyFan...I think they have a shot at the upset...
          Thomas >>>>> Biron.

Comment

I will be honest with you about Biron, I am not worried about him one bit, the guy was playing good hockey down the stretch in net, and he had a hell of a 1st round.....I mean he has about as much playoff experience as Price, at least he got too watch some of these playoff games and live and feed off the players lol...

Nitts, they do have a great power play but it didnt show up too much in the first round, and Kovalev at times disappears and if the Habs fall behind early in the series Kovalev could disappear and I think that will affect the other players as well, plus you gotta remember how is MTL gonna deal with the Flyers PP, it was #2 during the regular season, if we are going to go based on regular season numbers....

JML...I know we didnt matchup with them well during the RS but this is the playoffs, and I think the Flyers are playing just as good of hockey as MTL and I think +160 is a great price to bite at....

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
              Pains me to say it, but I agree. Biron was fabulous for the most part against the Caps too. Break out playoffs for Jeff Carter? What a first round series he had, wow....
              Carter, wow! the guy is a horse, great strength, speed, moves, and shot....he is one of the main reasons we advanced...

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

Thomas >>>>> Biron.
                Based on what? Biron was amazing in the 1st round...so that statement is inaccurate...

Comment

Based on what? Biron was amazing in the 1st round...so that statement is inaccurate...
                  I'm using the entire season as my barometer rather than 7 games.

And you are aware that Thomas has better stats during these same playoffs, right?

Comment

I'm using the entire season as my barometer rather than 7 games.

And you are aware that Thomas has better stats during these same playoffs, right?
                    People step up/play different in the playoffs....I'm just saying ...I thought that original statement was odd....cause Montreal's PP was horrible in the first round, and Biron played awesome in the first round...It's almost like you didn't watch the 1st round at all with that statement...

Guess we'll see....Montreal could very well light him up, for sure....! :thumbs:

Comment

People step up/play different in the playoffs....I'm just saying ...I thought that original statement was odd....cause Montreal's PP was horrible in the first round, and Biron played awesome in the first round...It's almost like you didn't watch the 1st round at all with that statement...

Guess we'll see....Montreal could very well light him up, for sure....! :thumbs:
                      Right, I understand that. But I wouldn't expect that the Montreal PP(The best in hockey this year) just all of a sudden forgot how to score. They had a cold few games against a good defensive team, while Biron played pretty good(not great) against a team that isn't as good offensively as Montreal. I just think that Montreal is certainly going to get theirs in this series. I'm not saying the Flyers don't have a chance, but I certainly wouldn't put my hard earned cash on them and Biron.

Comment

Marty Biron:thumbs:

Nice split in montreal, we should be up 2-0, ****ty call on Richards in game 1, but like my boys chances with home ice coming up, Biron playing very well, I really like our chances the rest of the way out vs MTL.....

Sunday Plays

Sharks -160, 2 units

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

0-1 last night

Playing the Flyers on all 3 lines like usual tonight, expect this series to start get ugly after Kostopolous's sucker punch on Timonen, the crowd is going to be wild tonight, I just think things are going to start getting ugly in this series as I really think the Flyers are starting to frustrate the Habs and it showed with their Game 2 actions...Biron has been playing great and Price has looked very human through the first 2 games, i think the Flyers carry the momentum right now and are gonna take advantage tonight, and then expect to see another swing of momentum for the Flyers with the return of Mike Knuble, who will make life even tougher for Carey Price, as the man is a menace in front of the net.....anyways lets go Flyers tonight!

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

Biron :thumbs: :beerbang:

He has been playing out of his mind this series, especially since Montreal is on the power play for a good 1/3rd of the game every single game, the officiating has been downright brutal for the Flyers and they are still managing to hold on to a 2-1 lead.....Carey Price, wow, this guy has been pitiful, absolutely pitiful, how many soft goals will one guy give up in a series, we dont get game 1 stolen from us on that Richards goal, Game 4 would be a chance to a sweep but whatever, cant be pissed at the officials when we are still taking care of business, Knuble should also be back Game 5 for the Flyers.....

Rangers -140, 2 units
                            Sharks +110, 1 unit

gl tonight

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

Biron again :beerbang:

1 more hurdle to hop for the Flyers, hell of a game last night, but not being able to hold on to these 2 goal leads are making things scary, but playing great hockey right now and finishing off games is all that matters right now, I got tix for game 6 but I really hope I dont have to go and we finish this in 5.....

Playing these tonight

COL-DET U5, +110, 2 units
                              NY Rangers -1/2, +162, 1 unit

been getting killed lately except for my Flyers bets every night now lmao gl tonight

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

Working...
                              X