• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Conference Finals Series Plays >>>

NHL Playoffs YTD: 11-7, +6.36 Units
    Playoff Series YTD: 4-2, +0.33 Units

Pending Future to Win Cup (2 Units): Penguins +1015

Dallas Stars +205 vs Red Wings - 1 Unit
    Wings look unbeatable...but they have got past the 8th seed Preds and an Avs team crippled by injuries. Every top team in the West would have done exactly the same. I think they are over-valued because of their dominance over a couple of weak opponents, and Dallas has had the more impressive run. The Stars have had to get past last years champs, and a top team like the Sharks, who were probably the regular season's 2nd best team in all of hockey. they did this while playing some unbelievable defensive hockey. They are strong up the middle, finally have a healthy Zubov back, and have maybe this year's hottest postseason goalie in Marty Turco. And all hockey fans know that if you have the better goalie, you always have a great shot at moving on. Detroit likely wins this, but at more than 2-1, I'll take a shot with two tough Canadian guys like Turco and Morrow leading their team.

Penguins -192 vs Flyers - 5 Units
    Nice run by Philly...especially when you think about where they were last year. But it ends here, IMO. Like I thought from the onset of the playoffs, the Pens are too deep up front for any other Eastern team to compete with. Add that to how well their defence has played the past month, and Fluery's coming out party...and Philly's great turnaround season comes to an end. The Flyers had to beat two teams so far that were in similar "turnaround" situations, each not predicted to make the postseason, and were not really the league's elite, IMO. The Caps were a good team, but were very young and were really a fraud #3 seed by winning their "division" The Habs were a team that played over their heads all year, and relied too much on a 20 year old goalie who could not keep up his level of play in the postseason and folded in the series. Philly played well, and deserve full props, but this is a step up in talent, and they will fall short. They are now facing a team with a true Stanley Cup roster...and a team in the midst of a hot-streak rarely seen this time of year...losing only one game in the first 2 rounds, and only 6 of their last 25 overall. This is probably the best 1-2 centre combination since Messier/Gretzky, and being able to roll 2 top-flight scoring lines like that is insane. Pens too good...too deep.

GL...should be two GREAT conference finals!! :beerbang:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 05-09-2008, 09:31 AM.

i still do not understand what a hab is? Could you please enlighten me?:boog:

Comment

gl JML

with ya on Dallas, opposite on the Philly series though....should be 2 very good finals, these 4 teams have certainly been playing some very good hockey...

daws--- habs, les habitantes or something like that in french
      To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
      2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

ahhh yes of course. I should have known.

Comment

Yeah, crazy French Canadians!

GL JML :thumbs:

Comment

Sorry....it's just the more common name for Montreal up in Canada. It's like second nature when referring to them. You learn that word real young...lol.

http://www.predictem.com/forums/nhl-...tml#post146483

Thanks Nitt...hope your guys take the cup this year...I'm cheering for them! :beerbang:

Comment

yea I kept hearing the word over and over in the flyers series and on espn and so forth and I could not figure it out at all hah. Thanks though.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                Sorry....it's just the more common name for Montreal up in Canada. It's like second nature when referring to them. You learn that word real young...lol.

http://www.predictem.com/forums/nhl-...tml#post146483

Thanks Nitt...hope your guys take the cup this year...I'm cheering for them! :beerbang:
                Man, I can't imagine what the city would be like if they made it to the Cup Finals. I was a bit too young to remember the atmosphere fully the last time they won it, but the city is absolutely crazy right now. Every sports talk show is 99% Penguins, and 1 % Steelers(0% Pirates) right now, and the people are loving it.

Comment

Pens cash easily :thumbs:

Updating for the finals...looking at hedging my Pens future I guess...

NHL Playoffs YTD: 11-7, +6.36 Units
                  Playoff Series YTD: 5-3, +1.95 Units

Pending Future to Win Cup (2 Units): Penguins +1015

Comment

Working...
                  X