• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Coupe Stanley 2008 - Wings/Penguins >>>

NHL Playoffs YTD: 11-7, +6.36 Units
    Playoff Series YTD: 5-3, +1.95 Units

Pending Future to Win Cup (2 Units): Penguins +1015 :beerbang:

OK...do I HEDGE my potential 20.3 Unit winfall on the Penguins???
    Any opinions? Looks like the Wings are favoured for the series at -160...

:nuts:

I'm always one for hedging. But how to go about this one is tough. I would probably hedge with a bet on detroit to win the series to win 2 units. So if detroit wins you break even and if the penguins win you win the 20+ units- whatever you wager on detroit. I guess it would be 20+ units -3.2 units profit. Or if you think detroit has a pretty decent shot to win it, you can bet them to win it for 3 or 4 units and guarantee a profit no matter what.

Comment

Honestly, if you are thinking of sticking to the Pens bet but want to hedge, I say see if they take one of the first two in Detroit and get a better price on Detroit coming to Pittsburgh 1-1. At that point, you're getting Detroit at likely +100 or more, in a 5-game series, as the "road' team.

I think the Pens take it, but I'm a sucker for hedging, so I'd likely hedge to a 1 unit profit on Det/15+ unit profit on the Pens and then root for the Pens.

GL on whatever you decide :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks guys....

I was thinking of doing an 8 unit bet on Detroit at around -150. That would pay out about 5.25 units. Leaving a 3.25 unit win with Detroit and a 12.3 unit win with Pittsburgh.

On the other hand, I'm considering letting it ride too. lol. I think the Pens get it done. In a long playoff run, I like the younger legs of the Pens. Younger goalie. The Pens have only played 2 games over the minimum possible with a sweep and two 5-gamers. I just think it is Crosby and Malkin's year...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          Thanks guys....

I was thinking of doing an 8 unit bet on Detroit at around -150. That would pay out about 5.25 units. Leaving a 3.25 unit win with Detroit and a 12.3 unit win with Pittsburgh.

On the other hand, I'm considering letting it ride too. lol. I think the Pens get it done. In a long playoff run, I like the younger legs of the Pens. Younger goalie. The Pens have only played 2 games over the minimum possible with a sweep and two 5-gamers. I just think it is Crosby and Malkin's year...
          Barry Melrose says you have to lose in the FInals before you win though :laughing:

Guess nobody told Mario and Jagr that back in the early 90's :beer2:

Can't wait for Saturday. I was a bit too young to fully appreciate the last time the Finals were in Pittsburgh, so I'm really pumped.

Comment

I would hedge as well to make sure I win something. Minimally, I would buy back the 2 UNIT wager and might play it so I win 1-2 units if Detroit wins and then you're still taking home like 15 units if Pittsburgh wins.

In your heart of hearts, if you think Pittsburgh is going to win (which you seem to think), then I would just buy back the two units and get myself a Fleury sweater.

:thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Cuse.....ended up hedging....

7 Units on the Wings @ -155

Wings win = +2.48 Units
              Penguins win = +13.3 Units

Should be a great series...the league got a dream matchup...

GO PENS!

Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 05-24-2008, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X