NHL 2008-2009 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    no another one. This one is more like the X amount of money to build a team pool i believe that he does. but it isn't the yahoo one.
    Cool, thanks. I'm still interested johnny!

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
      Cool, thanks. I'm still interested johnny!
      I sent you an email with the info...I got it from the yahoo pool... :thumbs:

Comment

Can't disagree with a ton there, but i do disagree on OTT. I think they have better than 10th place talent and i think they had a lot of issues last year in the locker room and on the ice that contributed to that melt down. Redden stunk the past few years and i don't see him as much of a loss, IMO. He wasn't the player he was 3 or 4 years ago. They definitely have questions on the back end but i think they are solid up front, especially on the PP. Im also not sold on BUF being a 6th place team. They don't have a #1 defenseman IMO and didn't do anything to upgrade a team that finished 10th....and i don't see anyone ahead of them falling down to let them slip into the playoffs. I think they are on the outside looking in again this year. But OTT and BUF are the 2 teams that i think are the biggest questionmarks in the East IMO.

I also think that the Patrick Division (refuse to call it anything else) is wide open. PIT didn't run away with it last year and they haven't upgraded anything. I do lean to them to win it but PHI, NYR and NJD will all be on their heels IMO. That is the best division in the East by far, IMO. Southeast should be contracted. Put WAS back in the Patrick Division, Carolina in the North and flush ATL, TAM and FLA.

1) PIT (slight lean)
        2) WAS (because they should pick up a ton of points in an awful division)
        3) MON
        4) PHI
        5) NYR
        6) NJD
        7) OTT
        8) TAM

outside looking in are BUF, CAR and BOS......NYI, TOR, FLA and ATL i expect to be just awful.

JML- it will be interesting at season's end to look back on this and see on teams like SAN, OTT, BUF where we seem to have a difference of opinion. I definitely think SAN has better than 7th place talent, though. I can see BUF sliding in at 8 before i see SAN finishing 7th.
        Well...the difference of opinion is I am taking a stab at things, and you are placing those teams in the same slots as last year! LOL.

Maybe it's because I hate Ottawa? lol. I just don't see alot of depth on that team, and their "big 3" are very injury prone. As for Buffalo...I just see their young core of forwards a year older, and a year better. Roy, Vanek, Pominville, Hecht, Stafford, Kotalik, Afinaganov, etc, etc. They are pretty deep with alot of skill. Miller is solid. Defence is definitely a concern, but Spacek is back healthy, and Rivet was a very good pickup.
        Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 09-23-2008, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          I sent you an email with the info...I got it from the yahoo pool... :thumbs:
          Can you resend it? I'm assuming you sent it to the yahoo account that I created to play in that fantasy league and because I had never logged into the email it didn't work?? I don't know...but I got nothing...

Comment

Done....or just post your actual email in the Yahoo pool forum...

Comment

Done....or just post your actual email in the Yahoo pool forum...
              Still nothing.

I posted my email in the pool forum.

Thanks!

Comment

Done. Let me know if you have any questions! It's a great pool, but takes a little more time and skill to pick your team than a regular rotisserie pool. More fun though!

GL...and try not to pick all Oilers! :thumbs:

Comment

Done. Let me know if you have any questions! It's a great pool, but takes a little more time and skill to pick your team than a regular rotisserie pool. More fun though!

GL...and try not to pick all Oilers! :thumbs:
                  Got it. Thanks!

Comment

Well...the difference of opinion is I am taking a stab at things, and you are placing those teams in the same slots as last year! LOL.
                    lol...actually i didn't even look at last year. i just think OTT is one of the top 8 teams in the east still. and yeah i do agree on the injuries, but i don't think you can factor that in as you can say that for a lot of the teams. If Richards and Carter go down the PHI are going to be in trouble, same as if OTT has Heatly and Spezza go down. At the end of the day they still have a lot of issues as does BUF, TAM and the other fringe teams. They need to clean up the backside of the ice big time. I do think that having emery gone, redden gone and a new coach to start the year will be a big help.

And while we're talking OTT, IMO, Spezza is one of the most overrated players in the NHL. He is purely a product of who he plays with. He gets a ton of points on the PP with Heatly and Alfy and when those guys were out last year and he had to play with regular guys, he did absosmurfly nothing whatsoever. Guy was invisible.
                    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

lol...actually i didn't even look at last year. i just think OTT is one of the top 8 teams in the east still. and yeah i do agree on the injuries, but i don't think you can factor that in as you can say that for a lot of the teams. If Richards and Carter go down the PHI are going to be in trouble, same as if OTT has Heatly and Spezza go down. At the end of the day they still have a lot of issues as does BUF, TAM and the other fringe teams. They need to clean up the backside of the ice big time. I do think that having emery gone, redden gone and a new coach to start the year will be a big help.

And while we're talking OTT, IMO, Spezza is one of the most overrated players in the NHL. He is purely a product of who he plays with. He gets a ton of points on the PP with Heatly and Alfy and when those guys were out last year and he had to play with regular guys, he did absosmurfly nothing whatsoever. Guy was invisible.
                      Yeah..I just think it's a bigger problem, because Ott is so thin. They can't afford to lose any of the 3 for long, or all of a sudden their first line is 3rd line talent on a contender. Flyers, Sabres, Habs, teams like that have a bit more depth. Richards goes down, and Briere or Carter are still there at centre. Ott is seriously lacking depth, and that catches up with them this year, IMO...you can't be a one-line team. Look at the difference...

Dany Heatley - Jason Spezza - Daniel Alfredsson
                      Antoine Vermette - Mike Fisher - Nick Foligno
                      Dean McAmmond - Chris Kelly - Ryan Shannon
                      Jarkko Ruutu - Cody Bass - Chris Neil

Spezza's missed 35 games over the past 3 years, Alfie's missed 22, and Heatley missed 11 last year.

Simon Gagne - Daniel Briere - Mike Knuble
                      Scott Hartnell - Mike Richards - Joffrey Lupul
                      Scottie Upshall - Jeff Carter - Claude Giroux
                      Riley Cote - Glen Metropolit - Steve Downie
                      Andreas Nodl - Jim Dowd - Aaron Asham

Flyers piss me off. Were they ever prepared post lockout....Carter and Richards? ****. And this Giroux kid is supposed to be a better scorer than Gagne.
                      Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 09-23-2008, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Flyers piss me off. Were they ever prepared post lockout....Carter and Richards? ****. And this Giroux kid is supposed to be a better scorer than Gagne.
                        at the end of the day they're still the Flyers......:bang: :bang:

this is how bad the LAK season ticket base is. I picked up 2 tickets to the PHI/LAK game on January 3rd........7th freeking row center ice for face value.

I picked up tickets to the WAS game in November..........8th row blue line.......

FOUR tickets to the Redwings game in January i believe it is..........8th row blue line.....

i could have had those 8th row blue line tickets for any game i wanted. As it is i got about 5 games......i can always get more.....Flyers, Caps, Calgary, Dallas and i believe it was the Devils.

This as opposed to the SAN tank where the best i could get in presale is 4th row chopper seats on the corner. I got 2 tickets behind the goal for the Ducks and Flyers the 2nd of January but they are at the top of the lower section.

funny thing is that a buddy is going with me to the SAN/PHI game and the LAK/PHI games but i will have to work my ass off to find anyone to go to those other games with me. Probably can get the 1 customer i have that likes NHL to come down to the wings game and bring someone with him.

Comment

Here is a good link to all the stats from last year on teams including the playoffs. Includes SU, ATS, Totals and Scoring.

http://www.donbest.com/StatfeedWar/S...n=2008&teamid=

Comment

Working...
                          X