JML Opening Night NHL Thursday >>>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Opening Night NHL Thursday >>>

Well, North American opener anyway...pretty much have to guess early on...keeping it to one unit plays...

Wings PL -105 vs Leafs

Not supposed to take big faves this year, but how does Detroit not win this matchup by 2 goals most of the time...especially at home, on opening night after winning the cup? Toskala better stand on his head, or this one will be ugly...Toronto's very thin, Det is just the opposite.

1 Unit

Looking at ANA, CAL & Boston Over as well...but had to get the wings play in early, in what will be a HUGE public backed team on that night
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-08-2008, 08:07 PM.

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
    Well, North American opener anyway...pretty much have to guess early on...keeping it to one unit plays...

Wings PL -105 vs Leafs

Not supposed to take big faves this year, but how does Detroit not win this matchup by 2 goals most of the time...especially at home, on opening night after winning the cup? Toskala better stand on his head, or this one will be ugly...Toronto's

1 Unit

Looking at ANA, CAL & Boston Over as well...but had to get the wings play in early, in what will be a HUGE public backed team on that night
    yeah and the TOR will be minus hollowhead too......:laughing:

GL!...this season....:thumbs:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

why so confident on the Leafs?

have a good year:beerbang:

Comment

The rest...

Wings PL +104 vs Leafs
        Doubling up on Detroit...

Bruins/Avs OVER 5.5 +111

Flames +115 vs Canucks

Ducks +130 vs Sharks

1 Unit Each

GL :thumbs:

Comment

JML- GL!.....this season....lets make it a good one......:thumbs:.....

Comment

GL this year JML!

Comment

lmao....season off to a flying start with being fked by your maple leafs again....lol....

forgot about the old never bet on the stanley cup champion in the first 2-3 months thing....:bang:

Comment

Start the Stanley Cup parade route plans in Toronto....Leafs look good! :beerbang:

lol...thats right...remember how many times you were on thr wrong side of a leafs game last year? They were your nemesis!

lmao....yeah...Detroit came out slugglish...they've come on late, but did not look good at all early. Plus, Wilson is a good coach who can prepare his less-skilled team for a game like this....they've been trapping big, and the forecheck has been good against the surprisingly shakey Wings defence.

Hammer the Wings game 2.....they'll be OK...

Comment

How bout dem Leafs. :beer2:

Running out to get my "Grabovsky" Jersey lol.

Leafs actually have good defence and goaltending this year. And good coaching. Might keep them in the race this year. Kubina, Kaberle are very good, and Van Ryn looks like a solid pickup too. Forwards were going to be the weakness, but they looked pretty young, fast and might play with nothing to lose...which sometimes works.

Who am I kidding...lol :bang:
                  Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-09-2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Lines are out for tomorrow, and I can't believe a couple...

1) Fla/Car a 6 total. I like Florida's defence this year with that trade from Phoenix, and both goalies are good in this situation. Not sure either team has deep scoring either. The Mon/Buf and Was/Atl games have 6 totals too, but I can see that. I'll be on the Florida under...huge year for Vokoun this year with (finally) a solid defence.

2) Washington only laying -122 against Atlanta? I have the Caps as a top 5 team this year, and Atlanta as a bottom 3 team this year....wtf is up with this line?? That crazy home ice advantage for Atlanta with the 7 thousand dis-interested football fans sitting in seats from free ducats???

3) Blackhawks grabbing a pretty big dog line of +130. Everyone and their sister has Chicago making a playoff run this year, and I think it's valid. But this is a good spot especially with NYR back for their first game in North America. Last year, the Kings and the Ducks opened the season with a pair of games in London. They split those games, but both teams went in the tank when they got home. The Ducks lost three in a row and eight of their first 11 on American soil. L.A. dropped its first four of the year.

Everything else seems about right...
                    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-09-2008, 08:53 PM.

Comment

keenan is a fking joke as a coach. he is already juggling his lines this season after 1 bad 5 minute stretch. he will never win anything in this NHL and never have his team behind him. i mean give me a break....let some guys work some things out and get used to playing together. you have bertuzzi and camalerri who you are trying to work into top 5 forward spots and get some chemistry with others. pick a lineup and stick with it. if you're already looking for new line combos in game1 then you really aren't a very good coach and don't have a read on your team. i can see if things aren't gelling after some time but on the first night in the first period.....he's a fking joke......:puke:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                        keenan is a fking joke as a coach. he is already juggling his lines this season after 1 bad 5 minute stretch. he will never win anything in this NHL and never have his team behind him. i mean give me a break....let some guys work some things out and get used to playing together. you have bertuzzi and camalerri who you are trying to work into top 5 forward spots and get some chemistry with others. pick a lineup and stick with it. if you're already looking for new line combos in game1 then you really aren't a very good coach and don't have a read on your team. i can see if things aren't gelling after some time but on the first night in the first period.....he's a fking joke......:puke:
                        Keenan's biggest problem is that he ruins his goaltenders. It's no surprise Kipper didn't have the greatest year last season...and everyone expects him to bounce back this year? I wouldn't bet on it...

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                          Keenan's biggest problem is that he ruins his goaltenders. It's no surprise Kipper didn't have the greatest year last season...and everyone expects him to bounce back this year? I wouldn't bet on it...
                          sad thing is that they go out and get Camelary (sp?) and if he gets off to a slow start keenan will bury the kid and he'll be another underachiever in calgary. and yeah, should only be a matter of minutes before he pulls kipper for jamie mclennan......:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                          X