SaTURDay Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaTURDay Discussion

this thread is dedicated to stiffy and his baseball turds.........:beerbang:

First off, WTF is up with PHI playing their 1st game of the year vs. a NYR team playing their 4th game? That is jus assinine. But i do like PHI tomorrow ESPECIALLY if the NYR win tonight. B2B coming off that trip to Europe. If they have any legs then congrats to them. I think PHI would like to get the season started on a good note and especially vs. a division rival in the NYR. But seriously, WTF up with that scheduling. Making PHI open on the 3rd day and the NYR having to play 2x after returning from Europe. They have to have tired legs tomorrow im hoping.

DET -135 over OTT looks good especially since one of the only 3 guys who can score for OTT is out already. I won't be playing on DET very much in the first few months as that is usually a train wreck betting on Stanley Cup champs. But i also think that game 1 had them raising banners, patting themselves on the back etc.......i think it's a short number to lay on the road here with Alfy out for 2 weeks at least. Hate road chalk but i like the bounce back here.

MIN -145...........fading BOS opening on the road with 2 straight road wins. They only had like 15 SOG the whole game vs. COL so that result was kind of deceiving. Budaj just sucks. But the Wild will play a close to the vest game and i think get the best of the Bruins here.

most of the other games involve teams playing tonight so kind of want to wait and see what happens in tonight's games. Also will look at totals when they come out on teams.

thoughts?
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

wow...I was looking at the exact same three. Great spot for Philly tomorrow, and they could be the better team anyway. I knew I was going to be playing the Red Wings once I saw them lose to the Leafs. They came out flat after that banner ceremony, and they'll be better in game two. When I looked this morning and saw it was Ottawa in their first game since Sweden...even better. As for the Wild...that is a very tough building to play in anytime, but you have to like them in their home opener against a team starting the season on the road playing their second game. The other game I was eyeing was the Coyotes in their home opener facing the Jackets on the back end of a season opening road b2b. Coyotes will be a decent team this year...and I like 'em in that spot. Also might play the Flames back at home in the rematch of Thursday's debacle. Those are tentitively my 5 for tomorrow. Might find one or two more after tonight's finals...

:thumbs:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 10-10-2008, 07:28 PM.

Comment

looks like NYR will win. PHI will be a 2Unit play for me tomorrow. That's just a rediculous scheduling spot and worth the play. And if NYR can beat PHI tomorrow then i think they become the early favorite in that division....winning B2B nights and off a Europe Trip.

Comment

JML- i was curious about that CAL play too......in all honesty, CAL had the better of the play in about the first 10 minutes and couldn't get anything in the net and it just kind of snowballed and got out of hand from there. The thing i don't like about Keenan is he is just too quick to pull the plug on things....i mean if 3 guys skate together and don't score on their first shift he starts demoting guys to the 7th line and benching guys. I think he is a huge hinderence to that teams' success. But im still not sold that VAN is as good as they played the other night. VAN is a game i would like to hear some input on.

And i was looking at PHX in their opener as well....especially if CBJ can pull the upset in DAL tonight.

At this point i am on PHI and MIN at -145 each (PHI for 2) and then i will look at some team stuff tomorrow. I really wish they put that up the night before.

ANG- is the Oilcan ever going to play a game this year? Or are they just waiting until the NYR have played about 13 games this year before they start the Oilcan's season. Sure they're fired up that at some point they will be playing 400 games in 2 nights to make up for the lack of early games.

Comment

FF

Playing the Flyers definitley tomorrow...dont like the injuries to Jones and Parent to start the season but we will get to see what the young rookie defense can do....The Return of Gagne is huge and the Wachovia Center should be rocking tomorrow with very high hopes for the Flyers this season and especially with an opener against a rival like the blueshirts....also who is goaltending for the Rangers tomorrow??
          To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
          2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Working...
          X