NHLRS Thursday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHLRS Thursday

nice run going the past few days.....last time i post this but all plays have been and will be back to normal 2 Unit plays unless specified. I think that will be about 95% of my plays....don't think i will ever go more than 3Units on a game honestly.....

hate today's card........but i do like 2 plays...not forcing anything else.

PHI Over2 1/2............i have no idea who is going to win this game but neither team is very good defensively and in net. Both teams have solid weapons on offense. If PHI can't get to 3 goals vs. COL they are in for a very long season.

FLA -110...............at first glance i thought, wow what a cheap price on MIN. But MIN has beaten a poor Atlanta team and a Boston team that never wins in MIN. I actually like FLA team this year with some young guys like Booth and Horton and MIN is never anything special on the road. I think it's a cheap price for FLA and well worth a shot. Total is 2 1/2 and i almost was tempted to play the FLA team Over but i think this is a 3-2 hockey game and there isn't much value in it. Plus the ML price is cheap on the FLA.

that's it.......not forcing any other plays today even though it's a big card. TAM -150 is the only other play that looked good especially if RickyD isn't in net....but not sure i want to lay -150 with TAM until i see something from them......As Diniro said in Heat...."that's the discipline"......:beerbang:

GL to everyone!
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 10-15-2008, 10:14 PM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

one other game i missed was the NJD/ATL game. Seriously considering an Over2 1/2 on NJD. They have only scored 5 goals in 3 games, but ATL has given up 3+ in a bunch in a row dating back to preseason and 7 so far in 2 regular seaon games. NJD have scored 2 or less goals in 12 of L13 games and have been awful so far offensively. No team total on that game yet for some reason (no preview either :dunno:)so i want to see what the juice is. If it's juiced Under im taking the over at good money.
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 10-15-2008, 11:35 PM.

Comment

I was really liking the team total on New Jersey as well but the over is juiced at -45 at The Greek.

As far as the Islanders go, MacDonald will most likely be in net. The main local paper on Long Island is Newsday & the Islanders beat reporter Greg Logan had an entry in his blog yesterday morning & part of it said:

Rick DiPietro is scheduled to practice today for the first time since the pre-game skate on Friday in New Jersey. Unless there is another setback, Islanders coach Scott Gordon said yesterday, “Hopefully, he’ll be on the ice for many consecutive days.”

When asked if DiPietro might play during the Isles’ trip for games Thursday night at Tampa Bay and Saturday night at Florida, it sounded as if backup Joey MacDonald might get the call against the Lightning and then DiPietro might face the Panthers. That game is followed by a five-day break in the schedule before Dallas visits the Islanders on Oct. 23.

“It will all depend on how Wednesday, Thursday and Friday go,” Gordon said of DiPietro’s preparation. “Nothing is written in stone, but that would be nice if he’s ready. We’re not going to force him. If we think he needs more time, we’ll talk about it and do what’s best.”

Source: On the Islanders Beat

Now he did have an entry in the afternoon which talked about DP being upbeat after a full practice. You can read that here: On the Islanders Beat

Personally I am 99% sure we won't see DP in net for tonight's game against Tampa.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryGamblersDream View Post
        I was really liking the team total on New Jersey as well but the over is juiced at -45 at The Greek.

As far as the Islanders go, MacDonald will most likely be in net. The main local paper on Long Island is Newsday & the Islanders beat reporter Greg Logan had an entry in his blog yesterday morning & part of it said:

Rick DiPietro is scheduled to practice today for the first time since the pre-game skate on Friday in New Jersey. Unless there is another setback, Islanders coach Scott Gordon said yesterday, “Hopefully, he’ll be on the ice for many consecutive days.”

When asked if DiPietro might play during the Isles’ trip for games Thursday night at Tampa Bay and Saturday night at Florida, it sounded as if backup Joey MacDonald might get the call against the Lightning and then DiPietro might face the Panthers. That game is followed by a five-day break in the schedule before Dallas visits the Islanders on Oct. 23.

“It will all depend on how Wednesday, Thursday and Friday go,” Gordon said of DiPietro’s preparation. “Nothing is written in stone, but that would be nice if he’s ready. We’re not going to force him. If we think he needs more time, we’ll talk about it and do what’s best.”

Source: On the Islanders Beat

Now he did have an entry in the afternoon which talked about DP being upbeat after a full practice. You can read that here: On the Islanders Beat

Personally I am 99% sure we won't see DP in net for tonight's game against Tampa.

thanks for the update....:thumbs:

ATL has given up 11 goals in 3 games actually, not 7 in 2 as i missed that Washington game. NJD outscored ATL 9-5 in ATL last year and put up 14 goals on them in 4 games. I think it's odd that you would have a total so juiced like that when the logical thing would be to take the Under based on NJD lack of scoring. It's almost like it's begging for Under money and i may still look at that one closer to face off time. Especially if i can get it a little cheaper. The Over2 1/2's in the right situations have been very good this year. I think i'm like 6-1 on them so far or something like that. Probably going with it the more i think about it, but i do want to see where the line goes. ATL is giving up over 35 SOG/game and is a middle of the pack PK team.

thoughts are always welcome.....dissenting thoughts will be tossed aside, though....:laughing:

GL to everyone!

Comment

shine it.........

NJD Over2 1/2............not juiced outside of my window of what i am playing this year so i'm going to run with it. Reasons are above and maybe it will end up being a bad decision on my part, but if ATL holds NJD to 2 goals or less here then i think NJD have some real problems that aren't going to get better anytime soon. One stat i really like is that the NJD have actually generated 35SOG/Game in the first 3 games....and ATL gives up 35SOG/game this season. If they can generate that again tonight i think this one goes over. Also the line is interesting. You have a team that can't score and has generated 2 goals or less in 12 of L13 and yet they are a -145 on the team total and the line is at 5? That is about the most juice you will ever see on a team total as most of them are in the -115 to -135 range. I think the oddsmaker was afraid to set this at 5 1/2 on the total the way the NJD play D and their lack of scoring. You can't have one team at 3 and another at 2 on the team totals wiht a game total of 5, so they were forced to set the team total at 2 1/2 for NJD and juice the crap out of it hoping to scare people off. I think it's the right play, especially from reading into the ML and the total that the oddsmaker does favor NJD here.

Really would like to play TAM tonight but i need to verify the goaltending matchups and that is juiced outside of what i had set as parameters to play under this year. May just leave that alone even, though, i think TAM will get their first win tonight. Mullet is due for his first.

GL to everyone!
          Last edited by FlyersFan; 10-16-2008, 02:11 PM.

Comment

It's Kolzig for TB, and now it looks like goaliepost thinks Dipietro mght start...hopefully he's rusty in his first action...it's not like he's playing behind the 1976 Canadiens defence.

GL...like all the plays! :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X