• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First guy canned is...........

Blackhawks fire Denis Savard - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

hope Quenville can get there without getting a DUI.....:thumbs:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Just brutal....Savard goes through the growing pains with this team, and finally has a playoff-caliber team to coach, and 4 games in he's canned for a bigger name?

:puke:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
      Just brutal....Savard goes through the growing pains with this team, and finally has a playoff-caliber team to coach, and 4 games in he's canned for a bigger name?

:puke:
      yeah i don't get it. one thing i heard yesterday is that their PP has really been a mess and they weren't happy with the effort so far. but for crapping out loud, give the guy a few more games. They lost at NYR and at WAS who are both playoff teams. They responded great last night after falling behind 1-0 on that 5 on 3. I would have given that team a few more games. I agree....really brutal. Unless the guys hated him which you never know because you're not in the dressing room.

But give me a break on DUIville. He's the old recycled cardboard box that keeps getting passed around.

Comment

plus the new owner is an idiot. he is more concerend about having the players all show up in limos on opening night and doing all kinds of marketing ****. as one guy said on hockey talk yesterday...somebody needs to tell chicago management that the season has started and it's time to play hockey. i blame the management for the team being unfocused. just another case of bad ownership and bad GM doing in a team and then wondering why they are getting the results they are. been nothing but a marketing campaign in chicago lately and it's time to lace them up i agree.

Comment

I was under the impression that the ownership situation has done a 180 with old man Wirtz gone, and the Buzz is back in Chicago. :thumbs:

But yeah...they need to start playing well on the ice...which they will...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
            I was under the impression that the ownership situation has done a 180 with old man Wirtz gone, and the Buzz is back in Chicago. :thumbs:

But yeah...they need to start playing well on the ice...which they will...
            JML- they have done a 180 except that they are into the whole marketing thing. I heard the laundry list of what they've had these guys doing the past couple of weeks and it's a joke. If you were promoting a cereal it would be one thing, but the focus has to be on hockey and it hasn't been. They've had these guys doing radio shows, showing up in limos 1 at a time on opening night, appearences. That should have been done 2 months ago. And they wonder why they've had an unfocused hockey team. I mean i commend them on the marketing effort and for caring but the timing isn't there. I think that's a big reason why their play has lacked.

Im actually going to the Hawks/Stars game in 2 weeks (31st) in Chicago. Got 13th row on the blue line....stars shoot twice.....:beerbang: (stars have always been my favorite western conference team. i would pull for the kings too if they were ever worth pulling for...:puke:. Modano has been a favorite of mine for a long time. love watching that guy skate in his heyday).

Heading to Sharks/Flyers on Saturday.........:beerbang: :beerbang:

Comment

Working...
            X