Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday's Pucks

NHL YTD: 0-3 (-36 units)

Let's see if we can get off the schneid today.

Saturday

10* Colorado Avalanche/Dallas Stars Over 5.5 (-120)

Both teams have gotten off to poor starts this season and both teams goaltending has been poor to say the least. The Avalanche are expected to start Raycroft today after Budaj's horrible performances. So far in each teams 4 games both have managed to go over the 5 1/2 mark 3 out of 4 times. 5 of the last 7 between the two have gone over the 5 1/2 goal mark. I expect better performances from both Turco and Raycroft but I still see both teams notching 3 or 4 goals here. Hopefully I break the losing streak this afternoon.

Good Luck to All!!!!

gl schuck

Comment

Thanks Skins...GL to you too buddy!!!:thumbs:

Finally the first win. Adding one more for now and possibly 1 or 2 more not sure yet.

Saturday

10* Buffalo Sabres (-135) Over Atlanta Thrashers

Buffalo will lose eventually but I really don't think it will be tonight. After a surprising opening night win against the Caps the Thrashers have reverted back to what all the analysts had predicted which is one of the worst teams in the NHL. They've played a few tough games against the Devils, Panthers and Wild but I feel tonight they face a whole different type of team. The Sabres are young, quick, offensively talented, defensively talented, tough and have an excellent goalie in net. The Sabres cruised to wins over the Canucks, Rangers, Islanders and had one tough game against the Canadiens all ending up in wins. They might feel some affects of a back to back game flying down to Atlanta but the Sabres played more back to back games then any other team in the NHL last season and there used to these situations. They might get off to a slow start but in the end the Sabres should be too quick and feisty for the Thrashers.

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

Saturday

10* Phoenix Coyotes/Montreal Canadiens Over 5.5 (-135)

8 of last 10 between the two have gone over 5.5. Montreal has hit 3/4 overs this season while Phoenix is 2/4. Phoenix is coming off a 6-3 loss last night to Ottawa and they won't find Montreal any easier. Montreal has been on fire scoring 6, 5 & 4 goals in there last 3. Montreal should be good for 4 or 5 here tonight. Phoenix does have some weapons and is certainly capable of scoring 2-3 goals.

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

Saturday

10* Chicago Blackhawks/St. Louis Blues Over 5.5 (-105)

4 of the last 5 between the two have gone over 5.5. St. Louis has been a strange team this season. They are either scoring a lot of goals or giving up a bunch. I was at the Islander game and I did not like what I saw from the Blues at all when it came to there defensive play. As for Chicago I've yet to see them play but I expect some renewed enthusiasm with Quinville taking over for them. This game to me has a 4-3 score written all over it. The Blues can certainly score with Tkachuk finding the fountain of youth and Kariya assisting goals all over the place while the Hawks found some scoring punch last game and I think they continue it tonight.

5* New York Islanders (+140) Over Florida Panthers

Yes the Panthers own the Islanders but I have to say putting the fan aside I like what I see from the Isles. They do lack any consistent scoring punch but they have a ton of gritty guys who are going to fight every night. Occasionally they'll have a game like the Sabre one but I was really enthused when I watched the Lightning game where I saw a speedy Islander team fight tooth and nail to win that game. Trent Hunter has had a revival this season and has finally found his scoring touch that lacked last season. He seems more then ready to step up and be the Isles leading scorer this year. Unfortunately I haven't seen the Panthers but looking at there results and stats the first 3 games have been very alarming. They beat a weak Thrasher team but they gave up 6 goals each to the Wild and Hurricanes. I think the Isles shouldn't be this big of an underdog. I definitely think they keep this close and certainly I believe they have value here.

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X